Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Missing from the Release Notes is the inclusion of the new Host A Server tool....I think we'd better get some commo on this.

There's something else missing from the notes, but I'll keep it on the sly in case it's designed for a surprise :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    edited June 2016
    I didn't see much info regarding server hosting.
    Has the 'HAS' been repaired and the file overwrites been sorted?
    May I have some clarification, please.

Also, in regard to the Editor did we get access to the assets that were removed/hidden or won't load?
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/5189/curiosity-question#latest

Look forward to see what everyone comes up with for VIP missions.
    Thanks
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,118Beta Tester
    Nice work as always, Devs. :+1:
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    I love the slower lean. That was one of my biggest pet peeves - having snipers quick-lean corners. Made it very difficult to kill them, while they had a huge advantage.

Overall, I love the update.
    Steam: usdod14
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Woo!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    Really a good update...i love VIP, is working very well!! ;)
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    The slide is still bugged btw. Literally the first slide I did when I joined a server, I got stuck to the floor.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    edited July 2016
    Like the VIP mode a lot, and really appreciate login being fixed. Really dislike the massive lean nerf, though...I don't recall such a thing ever being an issue, and, if it was, it's now sluggish as heck. The dust from firing also seems a little over the top and can really block your vision. New range is nice, though there's a weird bug where, when leaning, the "ping" from the target is only on one side of your headphones.

The only other thing is really minor - sometimes there's broken glass at the start of a round. Noticed this on Inner.

Also, Coldfront and Harbor VIP, please. :awesome:
  • =R*C=raVe=R*C=raVe Posts: 8Player
    Looking forward to VIP, signing fixedfixed? That's good!
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    Why do you guys insist on kicking this game while its down even further? I was unaware there was an issue with leaning to begin with, so I'm confused on why I now lean like a 100 year old brittle old lady.. I have an idea, lets destroy everything that made this game this game :)
  • POTATO.rzintegraPOTATO.rzintegra Posts: 46Player
    Why do you guys insist on kicking this game while its down even further? I was unaware there was an issue with leaning to begin with, so I'm confused on why I now lean like a 100 year old brittle old lady.. I have an idea, lets destroy everything that made this game this game :)

I finally uninstalled the game tonight it was a good run.
    ss_POTATO.rzintegra_4.png
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,116Player
    Not sure why gun play is supposedly untouchable (or at least for the most part) in the post beta world, but the way players move is fair game.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    The slide is still bugged btw. Literally the first slide I did when I joined a server, I got stuck to the floor.

I found a fix, hire two man with a broom that clean the floor in front of you so you keep sliding :glasses:

I agree on the leaning part, for the competitive scene this is a big step backwards. I wish they made it an optional thing for server admins to turn on and off. But i guess we need to run with what we have.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    Btw the superfast leaning was really op....it's easy to understand. For me now is good.
  • XpendableUXpendableU Posts: 1Player
    Awesome work on the new VIP mode game play mode.
    Slowing down the leaning is fair enough, even if it's further away from being realistic.
    How about slowing down the supported mode action to make the time to start firing more realistic?
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Oh and as a side note for the Dev's,
    the achievements for the VIP get picked up on steam but not on the soldier page :o
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Just my own personal opinion, but since it was too easy to be accurate while quick leaning, yet hard to be hit at the same time, slowing down the lean was probably easier than adding code that altered the accuracy. It's a happy medium.

I don't know why anyone would think that a quick accurate lean while being hard to hit is somehow fair. It's an exploit of something that was built into the game...and now it's not.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hc|CAPTAIN(HUN)Hc|CAPTAIN(HUN) Posts: 110Player
    Very nice Update !!!
    The inner hospital VIP mode is amazing,
    My opinion is that the VIP should start with 3 granates and a granate launcher to be effective on the dark room rush :D
    Thankyou Devs amazing work !!

Hc|Captain(HUN) -
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Just my own personal opinion, but since it was too easy to be accurate while quick leaning, yet hard to be hit at the same time, slowing down the lean was probably easier than adding code that altered the accuracy. It's a happy medium.

I don't know why anyone would think that a quick accurate lean while being hard to hit is somehow fair. It's an exploit of something that was built into the game...and now it's not.

this :+1:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    We'll get used to it, give it time.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.