Returning Player

AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
Hey all

I have not played AA for a few years I guess and I just tried it again. Have to say that although the game is not back to AA2 type of play, the gameplay and the game in general looks much better.

Comments

• ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^ Posts: 854Player
    edited June 2016
    Welcome back,

I would not say directly the game looks better then AA2, for me AA2 stays the best. But its fun to play AAPG that's for sure. Even better when we get VIP mode back soon. With that said you need to keep in mind that at this point you see a lot of Drama going on, but also a lot of weird stuff (will be fixed) in the game.

Right now there is a minor Dysnc issue between client side and server side causing not to hit the shot correctly but he kills you behind a wall or you shoot some one in the head and he drops dead 1.5 seconds later. Sometimes when you see people glide and stand up you see them stretch a bit that looks funny though. Or when you trow a nade it might show up as a empty hand moving forward then when you move back behind a wall that nade drops in front of your feet lmao :lol:

But all these issues will be fixed sooner or later, still recommended to play it :+1:

Cheers LD.
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    Welcome back,

I would not say directly the game looks better then AA2, for me AA2 stays the best. But its fun to play AAPG that's for sure. Even better when we get VIP mode back soon. With that said you need to keep in mind that at this point you see a lot of Drama going on, but also a lot of weird stuff (will be fixed) in the game.

Right now there is a minor Dysnc issue between client side and server side causing not to hit the shot correctly but he kills you behind a wall or you shoot some one in the head and he drops dead 1.5 seconds later. Sometimes when you see people glide and stand up you see them stretch a bit that looks funny though. Or when you trow a nade it might show up as a empty hand moving forward then when you move back behind a wall that nade drops in front of your feet lmao :lol:

But all these issues will be fixed sooner or later, still recommended to play it :+1:

Cheers LD.

You clearly don't understand how clientside hit detection work.
    You should read abit about it and then you will understand that all your claims are not bugs.. just normal clientside mode
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^ Posts: 854Player
    You should read abit about it and then you will understand that all your claims are not bugs.. just normal clientside mode

Not from this game anymore no, i mean. You shoot some one in the head, see the blood spitting out you get cover in case other enemy's shoot at you and then you die behind solid cover from a bullet that followed you in slow motion. Rip me :confounded:
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    edited June 2016

Not from this game anymore no, i mean. You shoot some one in the head, see the blood spitting out you get cover in case other enemy's shoot at you and then you die behind solid cover from a bullet that followed you in slow motion. Rip me :confounded:

If the server is running on clientside it might be understandable under some circumstances.
    If the server is server side then it shouldnt happen.

Edit: it happens in any game running clientside hit detection that features the same mechanism as aapg. There are many options on how client side works aka Zero Ping and As i said you should read about how the mechanism work and then you might have a better idea on why it is happening
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    Well, with SQUAD taking over the realistic/tactical/military type play, I am now much more able to enjoy Proving Grounds. And as I was playing last night, it came to me that Proving Grounds has in my opinions more gameplay similarities with Ghost Recon Phantoms as well.

• GeekFuriousGeekFurious Posts: 8Player
    I've been playing AA since the 4th of July, 2002. I've been in and out of the game over the years. It is too bad I can't use my old account... but I'm back playing this version and really enjoying it. I have played a few of the old AA2 maps and that definitely brought back the old feeling... though, the game is very different now.