Cancel Revive.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    underware wrote: »
    Great suggestions but, being able to toggle who can revive you and who can't or if decline revive then your body goes back to incap is a bit unfair of a system.

A more balanced revive system would be after a player revives you, you have the option to accept for a set time. If no accept then your body dissapears.

Thoughts?

I like this. You can let the scrub revive you, wait for him getting killed and then accept the revive to kill the enemy from behind.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    its not so much who can and cant revive you, its when they can and cant. It doesn't take a genius to know that the area isn't clear for revive.. however some people don't understand this.. so this feature is to help them because VOIP obviously isn't enough.

You're suggesting that once revived, we have the choice to get up or stay down.. not sure if that game style makes much sense to me.. especially if you have your 360* view back, you cant expect just to jump up anytime after revive and surprise your enemy.. nah

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    No offence, but if the so called COMP PRO's spend more time playing instead of POSTing, maybe they could overcome their shortcomings and not bother the rest of us trying to change the game to fit their needs.

The key to a revive under fire is M.Y.A works 70% of the time... and maybe thank the guy who had the rugsack to dive in the open and save you as he is under the same fire as you.

COMP = Concerns Only My Player

PUB = People Understand BattleBuddies

Obvious troll is obvious

Nope, none of the people you've lumped together as "comp" ever do things like coordinate pushes, or frag and flash for one another, or communicate, or ... .

COMP = Communication, Organization, Mastery, Planning

BAM = Being Antagonistic and Melodramatic

Oh hey I can acronym too!
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    edited May 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    its not so much who can and cant revive you, its when they can and cant. It doesn't take a genius to know that the area isn't clear for revive.. however some people don't understand this.. so this feature is to help them because VOIP obviously isn't enough.

You're suggesting that once revived, we have the choice to get up or stay down.. not sure if that game style makes much sense to me.. especially if you have your 360* view back, you cant expect just to jump up anytime after revive and surprise your enemy.. nah

There were suggestion of what I referred to in previous posts. But being able to choose when and when not Is just silly. How can someone choose to not be revived by a noob and when to be revived by a exp player, With no consequence.

Also for my suggestion I was thinking about a 3sec timer and let's assume the 360 view is fixed.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Reading Bam's post and playing public as a comp player... It's impossible to have good teamplay with random guys on public. Praise the public players for their awesome teamplay as much as you want, most of the people I play with on public don't even understand covering. Two people going for a revive, person A gets there faster, 70% of the time person B will turn around and just leave. How often did I get killed because of a false call on public vs how often I died because of a false call on comp. Just accept that teamplay sucks on public if you aren't in teamspeak with some decent players (yes, even people I was in teamspeak with got me killing on a regular basis crying for medic and telling me that the area is clear).
    This is in no way meant to be a comp>public post as that is up to personal opinion but saying that public players are better at teamplay and comp players are selfish, cmon you gotta be kidding with that statement.
    underware wrote: »

There were suggestion of what I referred to in previous posts. But being able to choose when and when not Is just silly. How can someone choose to not be revived by a noob and when to be revived by a exp player, With no consequence.

Also for my suggestion I was thinking about a 3sec timer and let's assume the 360 view is fixed.

As the patient, you are only aware of the threat for a short time, because players rotate etc... after that its up to your teammate.. so its really only there for those moments that you know someone is watching, after that its a crap shoot, doesnt matter who is coming to revive you theres always that risk.

When incapped, you look through other players eyes, you can switch to players in your area and scan the area through their eyes, pick up things they dont see, like the guy in the corner that he didnt see the moment he went in for the medic.

It would be nice to test all options, however the Bets is coming to a close and we wont test anything lol.. soo really.. I doubt it makes any difference what works better

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    A training map for revives. You cant revive until you complete it. It walks you through a scenario where enemies are watching a downed teammate. Teaches you how to clear area before a revive. ggs
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
    A training map for revives. You cant revive until you complete it. It walks you through a scenario where enemies are watching a downed teammate. Teaches you how to clear area before a revive. ggs

in other words, Medic Training.. cant become a medic until .. .. however these issues would still be in game simply because people are blind or simple game knowledge

• [33]delta[down]ch[33]delta[down]ch Posts: 3Player
    Give no points for reviving or even negative points if the one picked up dies in a certain time....
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player

in other words, Medic Training.. cant become a medic until .. .. however these issues would still be in game simply because people are blind or simple game knowledge

Hold on... The medic role was planned for full release right?

Give opt-in medic role please.
    It's been said that medic role will not be out in time for release

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    No offence, but if the so called COMP PRO's spend more time playing instead of POSTing, maybe they could overcome their shortcomings and not bother the rest of us trying to change the game to fit their needs.

The key to a revive under fire is M.Y.A works 70% of the time... and maybe thank the guy who had the rugsack to dive in the open and save you as he is under the same fire as you.

COMP = Concerns Only My Player

PUB = People Understand BattleBuddies

Nope, none of the people you've lumped together as "comp" ever do things like coordinate pushes, or frag and flash for one another, or communicate, or ... .

Ahhh if they did as you state, there would not be 100 posts about how they can't overcome even the simplest of situations like moving through Alley of DOOM !!! B)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,047Moderator
    edited May 2015
    K.I.S.S
    Get rid of revive, reintroduce crippled movement and bleed out.
    If your hurt, you're hurt, crawl into cover and call the medic, if he gets there before you bleed out, fine.
    If not, well, theres always next round(in 120seconds or less)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    frankof wrote: »
    K.I.S.S
    If your hurt, you're hurt, crawl into cover and call the medic, if he gets there before you bleed out, fine.

The over the top, random recoil is enough of a low health penalty as it is.
    edited May 2015
    K.I.S.S

The over the top, random recoil is enough of a low health penalty as it is.

The next COMP Pro post: ' RECOIL why it makes me CRY when I Die. '

********Bam4D********

K.I.S.S

I think down movement would be cool even a crawl on floor till revived, limits them to their in-game view and they can crawl to safety for the heal.

********Bam4D********

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,047Moderator
    Thanks, its the first time i been called a comp pro, and no i dont cry.
    Still dislike random with a passion.
    (no, never been in comp, or a clan for that mater ;) )
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    K.I.S.S

Altought I like playing with 1 non-headshot revives enabled, I think the AA2 way you mentioned should be the default way, because that encourages people to think before they act. Finally I think the developers are going to act like the debian team on systemd here.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    I think there is totaly no need for it. It would just ruin the game. higher points for revive is good idea, since now after time for revive is limited it's much harder to do it.

Sometimes the down person might not notice that enemy is killed, i will come risking my life that some not know before anemy will come and kill me, maybe even have enough time to revive, you. But you just click Cancel and tell me too look for enemy that is just on the way to kill us both when we are sure that no one is on perimeter? This thing is just unnecesary and might even do bigger problems since noobish guys will start canceling because they think it's not safe, when i just cleared everything and saw enemy retreating.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    SOPMOD wrote: »

Hold on... The medic role was planned for full release right?

Give opt-in medic role please.

Devs announced that it wouldn't be included at release and would come at a later time.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!