Are they allowed ?

Are macro's allowed ? eg. m16a4 use macro to fire burst after burst by just pressing the left mouse button once
mrvaper.png

Comments

• -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    I wouldnt do it if you dont want to get banned on nearly every server :)
  • Its.VainIts.Vain Posts: 10Player

why would i get banned for it ?
    mrvaper.png

• =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player

why would i get banned for it ?

It's an advantage given to you that's not accessible through the game itself and is using a weapon in a way the game does not want it used. In other words, it's cheating. Don't think punkbuster or anything like that catches it so the only way you'll get banned is if an admin catches you doing it/knows you're doing it. So sure, do it if you want to. Just don't [TOS Violation] when you get caught and banned.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 596Beta Tester
    Macros in general are a grey are in gaming. Some people consider them to be cheese eating, some don't. In my experience reading the server rules most admins don't really like them...
    I personally think that macros are a form of cheese eating, because they do something what you are supposed to do.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited June 2016
    Once asked a dev about mouse macros and the response was that they are trying to combat them, no idea if that's the call for all kind of macros or if it's even still their approach.

As for my personal opinion, people using macros are usually bad players thinking it will make them better but in the end they are still bad. :)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Why on earth would anyone even want to macro the M16.. that would surely cause some brutal recoil.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Macros that automate things outside of the game, or allow you to do things that you couldn't do using just in game tools are forbidden. This includes autofire macros.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    ^^ Oh crap. There goes comp...
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Surely you would think ..... ... .. .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    :s
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
This discussion has been closed.