Concrete Jungle Map Creation Contest

Comments

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    Since the final submission deadline is July 4, I think there should be another preview event since many of us have made updates and such to our maps.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    I'd like to see more action on the servers. Myself and a few others commandeered FNG23 the other day and voted my map in, so we could test. I've noticed no one will come in if the server is empty, but if a few people are in there, other players DO come to check it out!

People were really cool about agreeing which chokes to test, or even going Game Off. Great stuff!

:+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    A BDX contest made mainly for comp guys i imagine....but comp guys as always are like 'ghosts'....
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited June 2016
    A BDX contest made mainly for comp guys i imagine....but comp guys as always are like 'ghosts'....

Cause like I said earlier.. this is not a good time. Season is over, everyone's taking a brake. Game has AA3 like numbers and I the odd time I turn the game on there is no life in this competition servers NA or EU.. I haven't played it once

Haven't even tested my map yet, that's how inactive comp is right now.

On that note can my map be entered into the competition ?.. it seems a little big but running from obj to obj it should play pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    I don't see why you can't enter it Doba, but I have to ask: Is the map so big because you're just trying to figure out the scale of stuff in the editor, or because you wanted it that way? You can always iterate it into submission. :)

I think it's really cool you dove into the editor.

Ya...it's tough to find anyone to play. :-1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I was aiming more for AA2 size maps that played 8v8 good and can still play 5v5 comp.. which would in return play current 6v6 format although technically I used a FLO format. It could possibly work in FLO too. Definitely didnt want current AAPG 6v6 size maps.. too small

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Gotcha. I still don't know enough. I'm just muddling through.
    ______

• =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    edited June 2016
    "On that note can my map be entered into the competition ? "

July 4th is the cut off

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    It would be cool if the competition server actually had people in it sometimes.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

That's true been on it many times and no one joins i even send invites.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    edited June 2016
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

I resorted to running around on them single player locally :cry:

If bots were a thing.. I'd play pretend (if they didn't need setting up on the map ofc) :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    yeh what should i say... yeh you are right
    edited June 2016
    We could try to pick a time that people could co-ordinate for playtests and go through the maps. Let's face it, even just the map makers would make up a fair number...Let's aim for an hour playtest at least once a week, and go from there. :)

So something like "What time is good for you?"

Steam Name: Keebler750
    Available: all times except 3-4pm EST Weekdays

Once some others post, we can coordinate.
    ______

• ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    i am online nearly every 15-20 oclock european time
    between 6pm and 8pm GMT
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    I've found that once you get 4 or 5 people on the server it tends to fill up pretty fast.
    Yes. I agree. Once you tell people what you're doing and that you might go game off or agree on pushing certain chokes, some people will leave, but others love the idea of helping!
    ______

I've found that once you get 4 or 5 people on the server it tends to fill up pretty fast.

The problem is getting the first 4 or 5 players on the server.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    Remember guys, we do have umm steam steam group which most of you are part of. Just send out an announcement from there, I'm sure you'll get people.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    My availabilty is far too sporadic to name a concrete time, but as wolvie says use the steam group and if I'm about at the time.. I'd be happy to drop in :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

This discussion has been closed.