WIP - BDX_Hostile_C4

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    Lol you should put 2 triggers. Do use triggers. One on the wall to open the doors and one inside the elevator to close the door and start the upward movement.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited May 2016
    Yes, Wolvy. Like everything else, it's not done yet. :p

I built that from scratch as opposed to copy/pasting. I wanted to see if I could get doors to work. Now I'll put the proper AATriggers in.

This stuff is hard, but FUN!!!! I love the challenge. I have to figure out how to get it to go to more than one floor! :open_mouth:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 327Beta Tester
    With apologies to Areosmith:

Luvin’ dat elevator,
    whether it’s going up, or coming down.
    Luvin’ dat elevator,
    but step out on two and you’ll hit the ground!

2nd%20floor%20watch%20out_zps4huhjyqy.jpg

556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,185Player
    Looks good that keebler, double doors and everything like a boss! :+1:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

LOL @Duke_Audi ! Good one! :+1:

This is what I work on when I know nothing about designing a good choke point....it's a distraction technique!

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    if you want i can help you how to make selectable floor levels :-)
    I have an idea.
    Challange accepted :+1: :awesome:
    Mod, I'll let you know if I have any questions :+1:

I'm having fun learning Kismet.
    ______

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 327Beta Tester
    Keebler, YouTube is your friend.
    search = Unreal Development Kit Kismet create an elevator

There are dozens of videos like this one.

556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
    edited May 2016
    Ya. Doing a LIFT is fairly easy. Doing a multi-floor building with selectable call and floor options, and internal and external doors is more of a pain.

TY though. Wanna help me with the Kismet? I'm trying to figure out if you can pass some kind of variable into a Matinee in order to control start position or whatever...

:D
    ______

edited May 2016
    I figured out how to chain together several single-story animations and make it go back and forth through the entire range with just key presses for testing, and increment and decrement a variable which tells the world what floor the elevator is on. Haven't managed to get it to stop in between, and no idea if it is one of those things that only work with the editor.

I'm hoping to create a decrement and increment routine that gets compared to decide how many animations to play when the elevator is called or sent from the floor that the triggers are on.

So "CallFloor" gets compared to "OnFloor" to see how many PLAY or REVERSE animations to do.

Also, when a player is in the elevator and wants to go to the second floor from somewhere, it's the same as someone who's on the second floor calling the elevator. I think. This should save work.

I dunno. Just messin'

Did I say I'm a newbie? Y'all ought to try this stuff! It's fun!

:)
    ______

• ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    edited May 2016
    nice :+1:
    if you have time you must tell me how it works :awesome:
    I've got a partly finished five story elevator with per floor call buttons working in the editor or in the Explore Mode of the game. When I run the map on the server, the elevator turns into a weird teleporter! When you step over the threshold, you're suddenly on a different floor than when you were looking out of the elevator!!!

I think it has to do with how I looped the Matinee for....'efficiency.'

Ya.

:(

It's in my HostileWIP2 map if anyone is crazy enough to check it out.

Back to the drawing board.
    ______

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 640Player
    edited June 2016
    5 floors 5 buttons ,5 matinees ,triggered by corresponding floor button maybe
    then floor to floor i.e 2nd to 5th another button /kismet/matinee

good luck
    Interesting.

Right now, I'm using an UP matinee, and a DOWN matinee with "RewindOnPlay" and "NoResetOnRewind" set in each matinee.

What that does is allows me to cycle through the matinees according to the difference between what floor the elevator is on, and what floor it was called from. This passes named variables around through the logic and checks where it's at.

It works, but I think I need to tighten up the loop logic or something.

The individual call buttons on each floor pass the CallFloor variable into the logic and start the remote event "WhereToSendElevator" which loops through the matinees as much as needed to make the CallFloor and OnFloor equal.

It's a far cry from my original proof of concept, and I'll have to error proof....

kmYRbOA.jpg
    ______

edited June 2016
    I think I know what's happening. I think the two matinees generate two instances of where the game thinks the elevator platform is. I'm trying different things, like sharing matinee data, etc. Now I see why multi-floor elevators are such a big deal.

We need addressable positions along a single matinee, I bet!

See below
    ______

edited June 2016
    I just got the elevator to stay synced for one round on a server, with two players going up and down and every which way.

I merely added a 0.2 sec time delay at the end of the matinee before looping back through, theoretically enabling the server to stay in touch with where the actors were at.

However...I still have a problem after the next round starts. Can't figure out how to reset it all properly yet. There may also be an issue with what to do with the matinee if the elevator is moving at the end of the round. Hmm....Redline must have this figured out. I'll go look.

EDIT: As long as the elevator is at a known stop point at the end of a round, everything works fine on a live server for MORE THAN ONE ROUND!

Haven't figured out any reset functions yet though that will take into account elevator between floors as round ends. My matinee daisy chains and doesn't reset, so I can't just restart from "Play" at the start of the next round like Redline does.

Without moving the elevator to a proper start position, I can't afford to reset my Named Variables at round start. That would de-sync my Kismet.
    ______

• =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Ya. Doing a LIFT is fairly easy. Doing a multi-floor building with selectable call and floor options, and internal and external doors is more of a pain.

TY though. Wanna help me with the Kismet? I'm trying to figure out if you can pass some kind of variable into a Matinee in order to control start position or whatever...

:D

yeah, I feel your pain keeb. I tried for ages on making a 3+ storey lift.
    ATM, got one working well offline,......but online ....grrrr
    Seems to lose sync. Still trying to sort mine out.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,111Player
    I've never seen an elevator that I like in a round based game, it's just a death trap :lol:.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I've never seen an elevator that I like in a round based game, it's just a death trap :lol:.

True. The only time I seen it work is in games like unreal tournament and quake as a lift. Elevators are more for like single player and story based play.