enemy spotted has the same underlying problem

In a nutshell, the computer finds the enemy and provides you with big red letter on where that enemy is. The player does none of that work.

Over the years the Devs have tried to water it down and make it less powerful. But the underlying problem will always be there; the ability to point out an enemy you would not normally have seen. The ability for the computer to do the work the player should be doing.

It really makes for lazy easy game play.

PS. I wonder how long it will take to get this post locked. lol.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2016
    They already implemented the option to turn the dot off in the server config.

bDefaultAllowEnemyFireMapDot=false
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 596Beta Tester
    I think spotting is way less effective after the Homestead (?) update. After that update the nameplate no longer follows the player. The 6 seconds cooldown period also help a lot to reduce spamming.

I think spotting is not really an issue in this game.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I think his point is the PLAYER doesn't have to do the finding.

I tend to agree and would like something like a laser pointer commo tool where you could paint an area and say "Enemy Here" or "Cover This Area" or some such. It just wouldn't say whether an enemy was actually there. That'd be up to you!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    I don't see the issue. You can only spot an enemy every 5 seconds. So you actually have to see them you can't spam them. also you have to be almost exactly on the enemy to spot them so if you don't see them you have other issues. and as of a couple updates ago the tag doesn't follow them. so if you spot them on the move who knows where they will be by the time someone gets there.
  • ^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced Posts: 66Player
    You can use enemy spot to scan an area. So you're really not doing anything, the computer is. If there is no one there, then it lets you know its clear. Hence the underlying problem with it.

The proper solution is to always spot. Meaning, if you press enemy spot it will ALWAYS say there is an enemy there. It really doesn't matter if there is an enemy there or not. That's the player making a bad call.

I know the devs are trying to bandaid this thing, with the 5 second rule, etc..., but its like putting lipstick on a pig. Still a pig.

As far as shutting it off, that's not the point of this post.
    Depending on server settings you can only hear the callout without any markers on your screen so if anything has to be discussed here it's the callouts.
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    edited May 2016
    This is not an issue. Also you cant exploit it anymore. Spot is working fine, remove it in the from server settings if you think its advantagous and fix the callouts as necabo said.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Depending on server settings you can only hear the callout without any markers on your screen so if anything has to be discussed here it's the callouts.

You really need to stick to the topic. If you want to talk about server settings start another post.
    aloced wrote: »

You really need to stick to the topic. If you want to talk about server settings start another post.

Uhm what? Isn't the topic spotting? Aren't the callouts the only thing that's left from spotting?
    Arkeiro wrote: »
    This is not an issue. Also you cant exploit it anymore. Spot is working fine, remove it in the from server settings if you think its advantagous and fix the callouts as necabo said.

This is like saying my car brakes don't work. And you answer is: everything is fine, just don't drive. Made me laugh. Offer at least something.
  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    Lol
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,472Player
    edited May 2016
    I don't see the issue. You can only spot an enemy every 5 seconds. So you actually have to see them you can't spam them. also you have to be almost exactly on the enemy to spot them so if you don't see them you have other issues. and as of a couple updates ago the tag doesn't follow them. so if you spot them on the move who knows where they will be by the time someone gets there.

+1
    Its fine as it is but i would like the 5 second taken off i have bad eyes.
    Also do i really have to press a button to spot enemy can we not have our computers do it for us >:)
    gKQ6BB2.png
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

+1
    Its fine as it is but i would like the 5 second taken off i have bad eyes.
    Also do i really have to press a button to spot enemy can we not have our computers do it for us >:)

LOL. yes!!! This seems to be the direction of the game anyway. Making things easy and simple. :)

Uhm what? Isn't the topic spotting? Aren't the callouts the only thing that's left from spotting?

Nope. you should read my post.
    edited May 2016

Nope. you should read my post.

I did and as of now the only thing the computer does is telling you if there is an enemy somewhere on your screen or not by voice callout. Finding the enemy is still your task.
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    Just stick to the topic please. My car doesnt break what should i do now? Destroy it and get a new one.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    You can spin it any way you like, it don't matter if it's not spammable, if used correctly it's still an auto spot like op says.. still a lame feature and if it's enabled on your server that gives me a good idea of how you like to run your server . GGs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited May 2016
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    You can spin it any way you like, it don't matter if it's not spammable, if used correctly it's still an auto spot like op says.. still a lame feature and if it's enabled on your server that gives me a good idea of how you like to run your server . GGs

Are we discussing server configs or game mechanics here? AFAIK with the minimal setup possible you only have callouts, spotting is still done by yourself, no? So either this thread is about removing the callouts or it doesn't make sense at all and we might as well just make threads about removing revives or removing supported position.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Its not as broken as it once was, but its still a trash gameplay mechanic. No one uses it to actually communicate, its always to scan the area. Making it do nothing with server configs and making the key useless is not exactly fixing it.
    Not to mention its much more useful to call out a position when you don't see the enemy.

A system like the AA2 spot with a 3/5 second cooldown would be much better, no need to reinvent the wheel. And for that matter, the whole radio comm system is missing for no reason.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

I think a lot of people like to take easy way out. The more crutches the better. And if things get removed or more challenging, they won't be able to play. So I understand why people feel the need to hold onto things like this.