Problems Hosting LAN Party Server - Can't Connect

I'm attempting to host an AAPG LAN Party using the newly released full GA (non-beta) version of the game. I've configured the server using the Host Server feature. There are no firewalls on this LAN. This server is not *registered* (does it have to be to run as a LAN only server?). There are some errors in the server's startup log (see below).

After starting up I can't see the server in the LAN listing in-game, and I can't connect to it directly entering the IP address.

Any help appreciated.

Here's the server startup log:
[0007.64] Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
[0007.65] Log: Initializing Game Engine...
[0007.71] Log: USING STEAM AAU INTERFACE
[0007.78] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0007.78] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0007.78] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0007.78] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[0007.78] Log: LoadMap: BDX_SpringStreet_EX?Name=Player?Team=255
[0008.04] Log: Game class is 'AAGameVeteran'
[0008.05] Log: NetMode is now 1
[0008.06] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
[0008.06] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
[0008.07] Log: Bringing World BDX_Springstreet_EX.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2015.10.02-16.01.48
[0008.07] ScriptLog: Init Game: ?Name=Player?Team=255
[0008.07] ScriptLog: AccessControl: Trying to register authentication delegates with an online subsystem that does not support authentication
[0008.07] ScriptLog: (AAGameVeteran_0) AAGameInfo::AAGameVeteran:RegisterServer AAGameSettingsCommon OnlineSubsystemAASteam_0 None
[0008.07] ScriptWarning: No game settings to register with the online service. Game won't be advertised
        AAGameVeteran BDX_Springstreet_EX.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AAGameVeteran_0
        Function Engine.GameInfo:RegisterServer:02CC
[0008.07] ScriptLog: (AAGameVeteran_0) AAGamePVPBase::AAGameVeteran:InitGame Testing is server now!
[0008.07] ScriptLog: (AAGameVeteran_0) AAGamePVPBase::AAGameVeteran:InitGame Not server, not starting update loop
[0008.07] Log: Updated Destroyable List:  0
[0008.08] ScriptLog: Server Steam authentication or LAN MBS initialization starting.
[0008.08] Log: INFORMATION: Trying to load blocked player list from "..\..\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig0\BPList.dat"
[0008.08] Log: INFORMATION: Trying to load player admin list from "..\..\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig0\PAList.dat"
[0008.08] Log: INFORMATION: Loading player admin name "" from configuration file.

[0008.08] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.024160
[0008.08] Log: ########### Finished loading level: 0.301378 seconds
[0008.08] SteamUGCManager: USteamUGCManager::Init Steam Utils unavailable. Steam may be unavailable, unreachable, or uninitialized
[0008.08] SteamUGCManager: Failed to retrieve SteamAppId
[0008.08] SteamUGCManager: Failed to retreive SteamUGCInstance. Steam may be unavailable, unreachable, or uninitialized.
[0008.09] Log: Initializing Game Engine Completed
[0008.17] Log: Flushing async loaders.
[0009.64] Log: Flushed async loaders.
[0009.65] Log: Flushing async loaders.
[0010.06] Log: Flushed async loaders.
[0010.06] Log: Flushing async loaders.
[0010.87] Log: Flushed async loaders.
[0010.87] Log: Flushing async loaders.
[0010.92] Log: Flushed async loaders.
[0010.92] Log: Flushing async loaders.
[0011.29] Log: Flushed async loaders.
[0011.29] Log: Flushing async loaders.
[0011.60] Log: Flushed async loaders.
[0011.60] Log: Flushing async loaders.
[0011.61] Log: Flushed async loaders.
[0011.69] Log: FKAggregateGeom::InstanceNovodexGeom: (Actor: ftx_downtown_background.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshActor_124 Component: StaticMeshComponent
_40 StaticMesh: MasterSkyWorlds.SkyDome.SM_SkyDomeLatLong) No geometries in FKAggregateGeom.
[0011.69] Log: URB_BodyInstance::InitBody : Could not create new Shape: Actor: ftx_downtown_background.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshActor_124 Component: S
taticMeshComponent_40 StaticMesh: MasterSkyWorlds.SkyDome.SM_SkyDomeLatLong
[0011.76] Log: FKAggregateGeom::InstanceNovodexGeom: (Actor: ftx_downtown_lighting.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshActor_124 Component: StaticMeshComponent_4
0 StaticMesh: MasterSkyWorlds.SkyDome.SM_SkyDomeLatLong) No geometries in FKAggregateGeom.
[0011.76] Log: URB_BodyInstance::InitBody : Could not create new Shape: Actor: ftx_downtown_lighting.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshActor_124 Component: Sta
ticMeshComponent_40 StaticMesh: MasterSkyWorlds.SkyDome.SM_SkyDomeLatLong

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 623Moderator
    what command line are you using to launch?
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Try using the console command 'open' followed by the server ip.
  • {IRISH}Maximus{IRISH}Maximus Posts: 46Player
    edited October 2015
    m_hermann:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe" server BDX_SpringStreet_EX /LAN    MULTIHOME=192.168.1.108 /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR /CONFIGSUBDIR=AAHostAServerConfig0 /LBQUERYPORT=49001 /LBBROADCASTPORT=49000 /DISABLEUMM /SGSP=7778 /INST=1

[DEV]CaterpillaR:
    Open 192.168.1.108 works! What do I need to do to have my server listed in the game browser under LAN?
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    I am honestly not sure. I'll make a note to have it looked into Monday.
    Just curious if there is any information on how to setup an AAPG LAN server so that it will show up in the game browser list under LAN.

We are gearing up to run a weekend-long tournament style LAN Party with 4-6 servers with 50-100 people in the end of November, so while open <ip> works, it would be really good to be able to pick the server from the in-game server list.

I'm trying to avoid registering 6 servers and working out all the firewall stuff with a skeptical and highly uncooperative college IT department. If we can run everything in-house on the LAN it will be much less hassle and I can pretty much guarantee everyone <20 gameping B).

BTW ... there used to be a really good admin guide on running a dedicated AA3/AAPG server on the forums somewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

Any help appreciated.
    LAN Support was fixed in the April release ... so this issue is resolved
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 144Player
    In my testing of LAN Server mode, my server is displayed in the browser and I can connect to it through the game browser. This issue was indeed resolved in April. Once you figure out where your glitch is, keep in mind that since there is no authentication, all game players will be named "Player"

This can be fixed by these two methods
    open ipaddress?Name=playername

or after the player has connected to the Lan Server open the console using the ~ key and type
    setname playername

Substitute "playername" with the game name you want.
  • looweceeloowecee Posts: 5Player
    Is this Thread is resolved? If not i am also trying to make a local server for playing with a group of friends. As we dont have access to high speed internet for those events i am wondering is there a way to host games on local Lan Server in AAPG?
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 144Player
    This thread should be resolved. Local LAN Server should work. Make sure firewall is not blocking the ports required or turn the firewall off on the server hosting the game.