Windows 10 not saving login info

Comments

• .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    I have to re-enter password every time now. Before the update it was saved forever.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    frankof wrote: »
    the password isnt saved anywhere locally, that's the problem, you will have to reenter it every 24 hour(or so)
    Its not related to your operating system.

Oh, is this how it worked before? If so, why was it changed?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • PhantomBuliTPhantomBuliT Posts: 105Player
    frankof wrote: »
    the password isnt saved anywhere locally, that's the problem, you will have to reenter it every 24 hour(or so)
    Its not related to your operating system.

So this is a problem on the AAPG dev's end is basically what your saying. A server side error of some kind or something similar and has nothing to do with system configuration.. But if that was 100% accurate wouldn't that mean that it wouldn't be working at all or at least working sometimes? Because right now for me at least it's working fine on one OS and not working on the other at all. Which suggests something else is also contributing besides just a server side error.
    You don't see the Phantom coming, if you feel my Bullets it's already too late.
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit | MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Mobo | i5 4690k OC'd @ 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1 Edition | Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 16 GB Gskil Ram @ 2666mhz
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I'd like some kind of official word on how this is supposed to work so we're all on the same page...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • MrJeffersonDEMrJeffersonDE Posts: 4Player
    i've got the solution !!!
    you have to find the steam library folder in one your hard disk ---> steamapps ---> common ---> America's Army ---> AAPG ---> Binaries ---> Win32 ---> AALauncher32 (running as administrator), then enter your email and password, click on automatically login and finally press login. The next time you start aapg (through your steam library or the desktop icon) you just need to enter the password once again and it will be saved for the next time so you will be immediatly ready to join a server.

regards, peace!

Jeff
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    you have to find the steam library folder in one your hard disk ---> steamapps ---> common ---> America's Army ---> AAPG ---> Binaries ---> Win32 ---> AALauncher32 (running as administrator), then enter your email and password, click on automatically login and finally press login. The next time you start aapg (through your steam library or the desktop icon) you just need to enter the password once again and it will be saved for the next time so you will be immediatly ready to join a server.

regards, peace!

Jeff

Does it work after computer restart?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited June 2016

regards, peace!

Jeff

Does it work after computer restart?

yes sir!
    It seems to work
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    ... or not. :cry:
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    I had a go of deciphering them instructions from MrJeffersonDE but it don't work for me, either I fail at comprehension or it just don't work :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

It worked for me yesterday even after a restart.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    works
    i thought they removed the launcher but its still in AAPG folder
    just have to log into launcher and then you're golden
    good find MrJ
    I found the launcher long time ago. After a restart log in info isn't saved.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    I found the launcher long time ago. After a restart log in info isn't saved.

yeah it sometimes work, sometimes doesn't - i don't get it permanently to work too, sorry - we need an dev fix i guess.

regards, peace <3

J
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    Perhaps that now there is the ingame login method and the launcher too.. there is some sort of confliction between the two.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    I have noticed people saying this on my server ever since the last patch.. But I was not experiencing it myself, everything was fine.. Then, I got a bug, a big bug lol, so I had to reformat my pc and reinstall windows 10..

I re downloaded steam and AAPG and now I have to log in each time I launch the game, my steam remembers me but AAPG wont save log in info anymore!! It always worked for me so it has something to do with the last patch!

Maybe the new VIP can fix that for us when he is added in!! :-)
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

I have noticed people saying this on my server ever since the last patch.. But I was not experiencing it myself, everything was fine.. Then, I got a bug, a big bug lol, so I had to reformat my pc and reinstall windows 10..

I re downloaded steam and AAPG and now I have to log in each time I launch the game, my steam remembers me but AAPG wont save log in info anymore!! It always worked for me so it has something to do with the last patch!

Maybe the new VIP can fix that for us when he is added in!! :-)

Happened to me after the last patch. I have to write password every time after a computer restart. Before the last patch my log in info was saved forever.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,454Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I don't know too many people that the password is saving. Most aren't.

My password saves i am on win7 however when i get launcher up to use editor it never saves there i have to put it in every time i use it.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • BlobiTroNBlobiTroN Posts: 5Player

regards, peace!

Jeff
    This did the trick for me! (on Windows 7)
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 758Player
    As long as i play this game it never saved for me, and for those with little brothers and sisters that's a good thing :expressionless: