Why is the M24 so easy?

13

Comments

  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2016
    To be fair, at the public level, anyone slightly above average dominates with any gun.
    The game could have only one gun, it would be overpowered to some people.

    Inb4 someone claims M24 is the easiest weapon to carry pubs with.
  • ^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced Posts: 66Player
    SSKnecabo,

    I stated my opinion about the gun; as well as many other have done. I also added some suggestions I feel would be int he best interest of the game.

    But you just are hung up on insulting people or have this distorted notion that you have more credentials. Its very easy to do when you have nothing constructive to add. You should ignore me and just add your own thoughts about the gun.

    As an example - What is your thought on the flick shot around a corner. I feel it is completely ridiculous because it take 1/8 sec and you can shot at the exact same spot 100 feet away. I offered a solution of 'randomness', meaning.... come up with some solution that isn't like a robot is making that shot. I know you like being able to do the flick shot, but why? Add to the conversation and don't worry about me.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    To be fair, at the public level, anyone slightly above average dominates with any gun.
    The game could have only one gun, it would be overpowered to some people.

    Bingo :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    aloced wrote: »
    SSKnecabo,

    I stated my opinion about the gun; as well as many other have done. I also added some suggestions I feel would be int he best interest of the game.

    But you just are hung up on insulting people or have this distorted notion that you have more credentials. Its very easy to do when you have nothing constructive to add. You should ignore me and just add your own thoughts about the gun.

    As an example - What is your thought on the flick shot around a corner. I feel it is completely ridiculous because it take 1/8 sec and you can shot at the exact same spot 100 feet away. I offered a solution of 'randomness', meaning.... come up with some solution that isn't like a robot is making that shot. I know you like being able to do the flick shot, but why? Add to the conversation and don't worry about me.

    I didn't insult anyone, stop being so sensitive. It's weird however how talking a game is so different from real life for you guys. You all would have the same thoughts if it was about a job for example, a guy who never did the job isn't as credible as a guy who did it for years, easy as that. I'm not a believer of judging after only seeing one side of it, in this case it's being killed by an M24. You claiming the M24 being oh so easy and yet having terrible stats on it is kinda conflicting, no? It's frustrating to die by one shot, I get that, I'm not denying it but that doesn't make the gun OP.

    Not sure what you mean by flickshotting but what you describe sounds like the beloved quickleaning? That's a whole different issue that is not limited to the M24.
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    edited May 2016
    M24 is in fact to easy to use. Anyone who spends a day playing sniper only on inner will know how to use it to aproach corners and hallways. Something that doesnt happen so easily with other gun. Dont use noobs as an example cause thats a fake argument. Like everything else theres good and bad. Ccx has good hands to it, but when we talk in average numbers it only requires few hours to do decently well with it. Imo it should be nerfed. I Love using it because how easy it is to rush with it. Any map.

    Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    M24 is in fact to easy to use. Anyone who spends a day playing sniper only on inner will know how to use it to aproach corners and hallways. Something that doesnt happen so easily with other gun. Dont use noobs as an example cause thats a fake argument. Like everything else theres good and bad. Ccx has good hands to it, but when we talk in average numbers it only requires few hours to do decently well with it. Imo it should be nerfed. I Love using it because how easy it is to rush with it. Any map.

    You're a good player though so of course it doesn't take you much time to play any weapon at an above average level, shouldn't a game be balanced for the average player? Also didn't you get your best results on the M249 trashing enemy teams the same way? Does that mean it would need a nerf as well?
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    M24 is in fact to easy to use. Anyone who spends a day playing sniper only on inner will know how to use it to aproach corners and hallways. Something that doesnt happen so easily with other gun. Dont use noobs as an example cause thats a fake argument. Like everything else theres good and bad. Ccx has good hands to it, but when we talk in average numbers it only requires few hours to do decently well with it. Imo it should be nerfed. I Love using it because how easy it is to rush with it. Any map.

    You're a good player though so of course it doesn't take you much time to play any weapon at an above average level, shouldn't a game be balanced for the average player? Also didn't you get your best results on the M249 trashing enemy teams the same way? Does that mean it would need a nerf as well?

    If people knew how good m14 and m249 are they would use them more often. Most players don't even try all the weapons, just because it takes to much work or they're already occupied by the usual users.
    But I understand your point here. however I still believe m24 isn't hard to master. But its questionable.

    Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    M24 is in fact to easy to use. Anyone who spends a day playing sniper only on inner will know how to use it to aproach corners and hallways. Something that doesnt happen so easily with other gun. Dont use noobs as an example cause thats a fake argument. Like everything else theres good and bad. Ccx has good hands to it, but when we talk in average numbers it only requires few hours to do decently well with it. Imo it should be nerfed. I Love using it because how easy it is to rush with it. Any map.

    You're a good player though so of course it doesn't take you much time to play any weapon at an above average level, shouldn't a game be balanced for the average player? Also didn't you get your best results on the M249 trashing enemy teams the same way? Does that mean it would need a nerf as well?

    If people knew how good m14 and m249 are they would use them more often. Most players don't even try all the weapons, just because it takes to much work or they're already occupied by the usual users.
    But I understand your point here. however I still believe m24 isn't hard to master. But its questionable.

    Maybe it's just me being bad at adapting then but I didn't have that with any other weapon. At the risk of people calling me arrogant I'm gonna say I was at least top 5 EU on the M24 pre-release, however since release it was really hard for me to play it to the level I wanted to. Of course I can still stomp pubs with it but it wouldn't be my tryhard choice anymore like it used to be but rather an M4 or M16 with ACOG (which in my opinion is the weapon closest to being OP).
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Its not you, its a lot worse and not fun to use, its more random because of sway penalties, aimpunch etc. and its so slow that limits a lot of what was possible before, especially in terms of aggressiveness, which is a key component in what separates your average sniper from the great ones.

    For how OP it was in the beta, at least was fun to use and allowed for exciting shots and clutches, for both playing and spectating.

    I really don't get this m24 being broke discussion when the m14 and m16 acog are in the game.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    I'll speak for the aloced just remove them both then what's weapon balance this is an army game mane and hey just because 0.0019% of kills are with m24 does not make it not OP I mean 0.06% of my deaths are from the fing m24!
    PROTIP:
    587 / 9773 = 0.06 = 6%

    The percent sign indicates hundredths. It doesn't just get added willy-nilly after numbers you want to make seem small.

    It'll be much easier for you to say other people don't know what they're talking about if you can do the math.

    Protip people understand exactly what I am saying. Now please make yourself useful and convert 0.00085 into % for me thanks oh wait its 0.085% Whoa them numbers are so much better... Thanks BCTroll...but you fail numbers are still ultra low. Because the reality is it doesn't matter which way I put it I'm not caculating money, or doing something important. 6% vs 0.06% it is still low and still proves the point....If you have 0.19%(So much higher BCTroll definitely changes a bunch of things now) of your kills with a gun don't comment on whether it is OP or not because you have no idea.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    Here's some commas and dots free to use ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ........................................................
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    You've missed the underlying point so I'll make it a bit more directly. If you have troubles with Canada's grade 5 math curriculum, perhaps you shouldn't attack others for "has [...] C) knows what the ha they are talking about".
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Hey, Saccho, my good friend...if I call these guys out, I'm gonna have to call you out too. Ixnay on the low blows and back on track please, everyone...?

    Would ANYONE like to see the M24 one shot kills only on upper torso and head?
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,076Moderator
    we got to many OP players, it think they should be removed from some maps...
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    Already done I guess :awesome:
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Would ANYONE like to see the M24 one shot kills only on upper torso and head?

    Looking at a few players stats I don't think it would change anything significantly, only add more inconsistencies, especially at long range shots because gravity might make the bullet hit lower than expected.

    The problem is not weapon balance, is player balance, people should stop trying to look for excuses, look at themselves and understand why certain things happen, its the only way to level up. Was I too thirsty going around corners? Did I re-peak a sniper like a n00blet? Was I holding the angle wrong? That sort of thing.

    Nerfing guns means that players that want to win and dominate will move to other guns, they don't become bad all of a sudden. The results are the same and the game has less variety.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    edited May 2016
    Well, a guy that drops a bullet into lower torso on a long range shot SHOULD be penalized for making a poor shot! My suggestion would promote skill while addressing an over-powered feature of the weapon.

    I don't quite agree with your logic.

    'Make the gun a one shot kill anywhere on the body, but players should learn to get better?'

    With one shot kill....the only players that need to get better are the targets!
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced Posts: 66Player
    SSKnecabo,

    You really don't add anything to this conversation.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    aloced wrote: »
    SSKnecabo,

    I stated my opinion about the gun; as well as many other have done. I also added some suggestions I feel would be int he best interest of the game.

    But you just are hung up on insulting people or have this distorted notion that you have more credentials. Its very easy to do when you have nothing constructive to add. You should ignore me and just add your own thoughts about the gun.

    As an example - What is your thought on the flick shot around a corner. I feel it is completely ridiculous because it take 1/8 sec and you can shot at the exact same spot 100 feet away. I offered a solution of 'randomness', meaning.... come up with some solution that isn't like a robot is making that shot. I know you like being able to do the flick shot, but why? Add to the conversation and don't worry about me.

    I didn't insult anyone, stop being so sensitive. It's weird however how talking a game is so different from real life for you guys. You all would have the same thoughts if it was about a job for example, a guy who never did the job isn't as credible as a guy who did it for years, easy as that. I'm not a believer of judging after only seeing one side of it, in this case it's being killed by an M24. You claiming the M24 being oh so easy and yet having terrible stats on it is kinda conflicting, no? It's frustrating to die by one shot, I get that, I'm not denying it but that doesn't make the gun OP.

    Not sure what you mean by flickshotting but what you describe sounds like the beloved quickleaning? That's a whole different issue that is not limited to the M24.

    Case and point. There is no substance to your posts.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    aloced wrote: »
    SSKnecabo,

    You really don't add anything to this conversation.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    aloced wrote: »
    SSKnecabo,

    I stated my opinion about the gun; as well as many other have done. I also added some suggestions I feel would be int he best interest of the game.

    But you just are hung up on insulting people or have this distorted notion that you have more credentials. Its very easy to do when you have nothing constructive to add. You should ignore me and just add your own thoughts about the gun.

    As an example - What is your thought on the flick shot around a corner. I feel it is completely ridiculous because it take 1/8 sec and you can shot at the exact same spot 100 feet away. I offered a solution of 'randomness', meaning.... come up with some solution that isn't like a robot is making that shot. I know you like being able to do the flick shot, but why? Add to the conversation and don't worry about me.

    I didn't insult anyone, stop being so sensitive. It's weird however how talking a game is so different from real life for you guys. You all would have the same thoughts if it was about a job for example, a guy who never did the job isn't as credible as a guy who did it for years, easy as that. I'm not a believer of judging after only seeing one side of it, in this case it's being killed by an M24. You claiming the M24 being oh so easy and yet having terrible stats on it is kinda conflicting, no? It's frustrating to die by one shot, I get that, I'm not denying it but that doesn't make the gun OP.

    Not sure what you mean by flickshotting but what you describe sounds like the beloved quickleaning? That's a whole different issue that is not limited to the M24.

    Case and point. There is no substance to your posts.

    Your best argument is realism and you propose randomness as a solution but my posts have no substance, alrighty then.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    I could of swore the sniper was only one shot kill to the torso or head already. i thought that came out in one of the opt ins. You're assuming everyone you shoot at with the sniper is at 100% health. the way the game is if someone is at 25% you can shoot them in the hand, foot, leg, arm, whatever and it will kill them at that point.
This discussion has been closed.