Regarding character movement (Sliding and Leaning)

"Fix for movement stuttering during posture changes and at the end of sliding when playing online" - Patch Notes.

IMO this "fix" seems to have made the character movement way more unnatural as there seems to be a delay when entering/exiting animations for: Sliding, Leaning, Standing, Crouching and Going Prone. Before the patch it felt fine as it all felt responsive and quick but now it seems to be slowing down all movement, the patch seems to be encouraging more defensive plays as you can no longer attack with speed.

What does everyone else think about this change?

P.S: Before anyone asks I was playing on a 20-40 Ping Official server with over 90+ FPS when I tried the latest patch so I don't think it was lag.

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Have not played with other players but alone in a server everything seems fine sliding still has a little bit of a warp feel to it but its fluid not laggy.

If these changes fix the lag players get sometimes when being shot at while doing other actions like sliding or whatever causes it then good.

Overall all the actions feel much more fluid than previous patch/build.

Alone in my server getting 150fps constant on watchdog.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It just removed some rubberbanding and camera jerk, the speed, distance, time, etc are all unchanged.

The visual change just seems to be messing with folks perception. Throughout the day I've heard it's faster, slower, smoother, rougher, nerfed, and OP. All from different high tier players.

It's just perception, you'll get used to it!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited May 2016
    nop.. still got railed by sliding. IT does feel like you turned on SMOOTHING to 500% and unresponsive.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    feels buggy/laggy to me when I slide.. mind you I had no issues with the way sliding was before the patch..
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    feels buggy/laggy to me when I slide.. mind you I had no issues with the way sliding was before the patch..

The sliding previous patch had a huge lag warp to it. It's much better now in current build.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I kind of felt like this build has smoothed some things up. I always hated that hitch at the end of the slide that you had to account for if you didn't want to overshoot the corner! :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I kind of felt like this build has smoothed some things up. I always hated that hitch at the end of the slide that you had to account for if you didn't want to overshoot the corner! :)

I never over shot a corner....I never "lagged " either.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    neither did I.. i didnt feel any difference in the change

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    So either it is worse, better or the same as always. Got it!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    CaterP wrote: »
    So either it is worse, better or the same as always. Got it!

Next update just put it in the patchnotes again, watch and laugh.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Fun facts.
    Devs can easily put something in the patch notes that hasn't changed and people will say the change stinks.
    Devs can not change things and people will say that they changed
    Devs can leave stuff out of the patch notes and no one will notice that they changed.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    sure because they are minor things.. but make the change that while sliding you cant snap 180* and shoot.. and people will notice .. still waiting for that one

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    edited May 2016
    Hey Doba I don't know what you're using but many of us can only spin 120 deg before a limiter kicks in and we finish the rest of the 180 under our own power. There's a prone limiter too if you spin too fast. Why doesn't yours work that way?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    mines tweaked in the ini .. its highly shush shush though

• [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    So, I tried the new update after a long time away from the game and I guess this is a new feature where the character randomly decides to slide in the same spot.
    It happened in all servers I played (about 6 or so) and in all maps.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Soooo maybe there's a problem with slide.... Just passed this on to a programmer to look at.

If you need me I'll be over here in this corner eating my words.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 221Player
    looks legit to me. Nothing wrong with slid in that video :anguished:
  • dT.NontydT.Nonty Posts: 7Player
    So, I tried the new update after a long time away from the game and I guess this is a new feature where the character randomly decides to slide in the same spot.
    It happened in all servers I played (about 6 or so) and in all maps.

This is what happens with me, I've seem to have gotten used to it though.
    Trying not to slide as much.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    There is something def. wonky with the slides. Sometimes it appears as if I'm stuck in the animation and rubber banding ... almost like I'm being affected by bullet punch or something.
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    I keep pausing and rubber banding back. Meanwhile I lose every cqb now due to some lag. I tried trashing the config folder and repairing cache in steam. Any suggestions?