Why is the M24 so easy?

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    iNv|roKis- wrote: »
    have you guys ever played csgo? the AWP is 100x easier to use than the m24. yall on crack lol.

Looking at COD, a game that is closer to AAPG it's even funnier.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    The real question should be why is the m14 so easy?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    come on we all know shotgun is the most OP weapon here lel
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    The real question should be why is the m14 so easy?

^^^^^^ This a billion times.
    Recently went through some old videos and found myself trolling around with the M14 in a match, looks kinda stupid tbh.
  • ^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced Posts: 66Player
    I think most people understand how ridiculous the M24 is and how you can use it to really take advantage of its power.

I propose to make it harder to flick shot so accurately around a corner. I never seen a real army guy do that anyway. Just add a little more sway or randomness.

I would also propose making just head shot at 100%. Maybe a body shot at 80%. A leg shot at 50%. Just something to stop the one shot one kill to the big toe.

Or how about just getting rid of it. It really has no business on most maps anyway. Would the army really give that gun to someone fighting in a hallway or in a mall?
    Randomness, realism, now this thread has it all O.o
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Sometimes I'm just... like... huh?!

What would be the point of using a sniper if it had the same bullet to kill number of the M14 but much slower rate of fire?

If a change to the M24 was needed, which it isn't, the only reasonable thing to do would be to increase the zoom of the scope at least to double. Much, much harder to use in CQB because of the reduced FOV without really compromising its long range effectiveness.

But hey, who cares about balance, just make it more random, like in real life!
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 596Beta Tester
    edited May 2016
    aloced wrote: »
    I think most people understand how ridiculous the M24 is and how you can use it to really take advantage of its power.

I propose to make it harder to flick shot so accurately around a corner. I never seen a real army guy do that anyway. Just add a little more sway or randomness.

I would also propose making just head shot at 100%. Maybe a body shot at 80%. A leg shot at 50%. Just something to stop the one shot one kill to the big toe.

Or how about just getting rid of it. It really has no business on most maps anyway. Would the army really give that gun to someone fighting in a hallway or in a mall?

The M24 is pretty darn powerful in the right hands and situation. But I'd not say it OP. It's a specialized tool for some situations and it is supposed to be good at given situations.
    If you can only deal 100% to the head, why would you ever use the gun? In this game any gun is a one hit headshot (there are a few exceptions), but they all fire faster that the M24.
    In my opinion the 'real army guy' would never move/shoot like we do with most weapons...

But we had this kind of threads countless times... I don't think they would make radical weapon changes at this stage of the game.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 797Player
    M24 is fine as it is, if you feel you get killed to fast.. Take more cover!..
    Lets change the grenade!, its only 3 seconds for your dead? US standard is 4-5.5 second.
    Lets change the grenade!, its only 3 seconds for your dead? US standard is 4-5.5 second.

Pretty sure it's actually 4-5 seconds.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    M14 with that other scope (Can't remember the name) is silly for some, I don't have the patience for that.

• [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 797Player
    edited May 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Pretty sure it's actually 4-5 seconds.

Or 6, 2, 8, all depends on how much dysnc there is..
    Sometimes you cook it and it explodes days later.
  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    Im voting for randomness
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2016
    aloced wrote: »

You would know with your 20 kills with it. It's probably the hardest gun in the game to use effectively atm.
    Sometimes I'm just... like... huh?!

What would be the point of using a sniper if it had the same bullet to kill number of the M14 but much slower rate of fire?

If a change to the M24 was needed, which it isn't, the only reasonable thing to do would be to increase the zoom of the scope at least to double. Much, much harder to use in CQB because of the reduced FOV without really compromising its long range effectiveness.

But hey, who cares about balance, just make it more random, like in real life!

I'll speak for the aloced just remove them both then what's weapon balance this is an army game mane and hey just because 0.0019% of kills are with m24 does not make it not OP I mean 0.06% of my deaths are from the fing m24! Get rid of this awfulness and hey I only got 0.00085% of my kills with m14. So these guns are truthfully not needed in this game as they are far too easy and over powered. I think overall m4 too hard to use must make that weapon easier for me.

FunFact: The only weapon I have more kills than deaths with is the m4.

Back on topic one should only comment on the weapon balance if one actually has A) mastered every weapon B) actually knows what weapon balance is or C) knows what the ha they are talking about... or even D) wait for it...D) Make a video proving it........
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited May 2016
    Oh, we're down to "you can't possibly know anything" insults, eh?

Standoff potential, camera position, leanpeek accuracy and one shot kill IN COMBINATION makes the M24 more formidable than it ought to be. It's not a fact, it's an opinion and I'm going to express it.

I have suggested that since we track head shots and upper/lower torso shots the M24/M14 should be one shot kills to the head/upper torso. All other weapons still retain one-to-the-head.

Added to the power of the weapon, we have zoomed optics which gives standoff potential, camera position which gives minimal exposure, corner geometry which benefits someone farther away from the corner, and lean mechanics which allows for retained point of aim and accuracy while woggling back and forth in lean. This is not just one step above an M4....It's WAY above.

You can be ANYWHERE...up close, far away, and if you make that shot...your opponent doesn't stand a chance.

The M24 has mitigation built in to a point. It has less ammo and is slow to use in every way. However, the FAIR QUESTION is whether it's enough. Anyone here think I don't know what I'm talking about merely because I don't use the **** gun?!!

I don't have a problem listening to other opinions. Who the heck do you guys think you are to try and stop discussion? If there is one thing I've learned in life it's that good ideas can come from anywhere. To think otherwise is unattractive arrogance.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    I'll speak for the aloced just remove them both then what's weapon balance this is an army game mane and hey just because 0.0019% of kills are with m24 does not make it not OP I mean 0.06% of my deaths are from the fing m24!
    PROTIP:
    587 / 9773 = 0.06 = 6%

The percent sign indicates hundredths. It doesn't just get added willy-nilly after numbers you want to make seem small.

It'll be much easier for you to say other people don't know what they're talking about if you can do the math.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Oh, we're down to "you can't possibly know anything" insults, eh?

Standoff potential, camera position, leanpeek accuracy and one shot kill IN COMBINATION makes the M24 more formidable than it ought to be. It's not a fact, it's an opinion and I'm going to express it.

I have suggested that since we track head shots and upper/lower torso shots the M24/M14 should be one shot kills to the head/upper torso. All other weapons still retain one-to-the-head.

Added to the power of the weapon, we have zoomed optics which gives standoff potential, camera position which gives minimal exposure, corner geometry which benefits someone farther away from the corner, and lean mechanics which allows for retained point of aim and accuracy while woggling back and forth in lean. This is not just one step above an M4....It's WAY above.

You can be ANYWHERE...up close, far away, and if you make that shot...your opponent doesn't stand a chance.

The M24 has mitigation built in to a point. It has less ammo and is slow to use in every way. However, the FAIR QUESTION is whether it's enough. Anyone here think I don't know what I'm talking about merely because I don't use the **** gun?!!

I don't have a problem listening to other opinions. Who the heck do you guys think you are to try and stop discussion? If there is one thing I've learned in life it's that good ideas can come from anywhere. To think otherwise is unattractive arrogance.

You gotta realize that a guy with 25% hirate (27% pre-release where the M24 actually was OP) is telling us that it is too EASY. These stats are clearly proving something else.

I'll give you the optics as an advantage but I think it's worse for other guns especially the M16 due to firerate paired with suppression. Since release maps got dark and dusty and optics basically got buffed with that, really disliked that change.

Should've capitalized the "if" here, your average player is gonna miss, it's not as easy as you think. Your opponent in fact stands a very good chance due to something referred to as "peaker's advantage" and that's huge in AAPG since we have aimpunch+supression.

So we aren't supposed to express our opinions now or what? Like you guys when we were bringing up supported being OP? What was it again, you gotta learn how to play against it, right? So how about you learn how to play against the M24?
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,156Player
    6% doesn't tell you a ton. M24 is used by one player per team. So that's around 8% of a team on 12v12.

In any sense, I've seen tons of terrible snipers and I've also seen guys who will completely dominate a server with it. I tend to think that anyone who is at least an above average player can beast with it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    To be fair, at the public level, anyone slightly above average dominates with any gun.
    The game could have only one gun, it would be overpowered to some people.
This discussion has been closed.