Who is buying nvidia 10 series?

245678

Comments

  • =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    yeah but whats the benchmarks on the 1070 and the 1070 overclocked? that's what I cant wait to see.
    $750.00- $800.00 with taxes is a lot for a gfx card in canada
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2016
    Probably see benchmarks for 1070 around the time 1080 releases. May 30th - June 3rd is the week we likely see 1070 benchmarks. The 1080 benchmarks/reviews for games suppose to come on May 17th.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I am also more interested in the 1070's performance. I hope it is pretty mind blowing.

    ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -=312th=-Atrophied-=312th=-Atrophied Posts: 67Player
    Having a price point makes it easier to upgrade. The prices for previous generation cards will drop, but not drastically. You can expect around a 20-25% price drop overall. The good news is: If you currently have a 9 series card you can always offset the cost of upgrade by selling your old card for what will still be a decent chunk of what you paid for it. Not everyone is willing or able to afford the 10 series pricetag so you will see 7 series users looking for a good deal on 9 series cards and 9 series users offsetting their upgrade costs by selling their old hardware. My upgrade from GTX 760 to GTX 970 cost around $150. I expect my upgrade to either of these cards would be around $200 to $300 with the price fluctuation but for the performance it still isn't too bad for an upgrade.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    looks like 1080 would be a nice upgrade from GTX 780, but i'll sit on the fence a while and wait for the third party versions.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    frankof wrote: »
    looks like 1080 would be a nice upgrade from GTX 780, but i'll sit on the fence a while and wait for the third party versions.

    depends what games you playing I suppose because imo a 780 should still be strong enough. If your only playing AAPG atm and other low requirement games or waiting for new games than I would suggest waiting for HBM2 instead of DDR5/X
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    They are selling the 1070 for $150 more than what the 980 was sold for at launch. Not only that but Founders Edition is (supposedly) already at MAX OC capabilities, meaning even if you get brand versions later the performance you will get is stuck and any further attempt to OC is just going to very likely be regression in performance and stability.

    I doubt anyone will consider getting the 1070 over the 1080 at all now or even 980/Ti. I hope these leaks/rumors aren't real, because why should anyone pay $499 for this? Maybe Polaris arriving will cut the prices down...

    ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • |-OSG-|Eladd|-OSG-|Eladd Posts: 34Player
    Went from a 660 to a 980. No need to upgrade just yet. Anyway, nothing wrong with alittle screen tearing ;-)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I've decided I'm grabbing a 1080 for slither.io :mrgreen:

    Representin'

    xxa2q.jpg
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    frankof wrote: »
    looks like 1080 would be a nice upgrade from GTX 780, but i'll sit on the fence a while and wait for the third party versions.

    depends what games you playing I suppose because imo a 780 should still be strong enough. If your only playing AAPG atm and other low requirement games or waiting for new games than I would suggest waiting for HBM2 instead of DDR5/X
    In the computer world its futile to "wait for the next big thing", unless the wait is less than two weeks.
    But true, the 780 is still decent, but i could upgrade just for [TOS Violation] and giggles, theres no such thing as to much power :D
    (im still sitting on a 2600k@4.2, theres more to pull from that one for games, if i want.)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

    Definitely a card to consider if you looking to max games out at 1080p and play 120hz-144hz...Still waiting to see 1070 benchmarks that could be the best money.

    Umm I do that now with a 970... 10 series cards are for 2K at min.. if these cards don't max out 2556x1440 @120 min.. id be dissapointed and not looking to purchase.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Umm I do that now with a 970... 10 series cards are for 2K at min.. if these cards don't max out 2556x1440 @120 min.. id be dissapointed and not looking to purchase.
    Your target are unrealistic, i.e. with max settings(+ 4x msaa) @ 2560x1440 a game like gta v runs at min. 70 fps, avg, 83, to reach 120fps, you will have to drop some settings, even with GTX 1080.
    (cpu at that test: Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4,4 GHz)

    ss_4_frankof.png
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Your example is with which card exactly?

    So these new cards cant drive 2K, let alone 4K.. sad if that's the case..
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    [Gen]Adzic wrote: »
    I've decided I'm grabbing a 1080 for slither.io :mrgreen:

    Representin'

    xxa2q.jpg

    This game has been stealing my AAPG time. Best score: ~50k ;)
    image
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Your example is with which card exactly?

    So these new cards cant drive 2K, let alone 4K.. sad if that's the case..
    GTX 1080, and not sad, it will run both 2k and 4k better than any card out there at similar settings, but reaching 120FPS at max settings at those resolutions is just not possible with today's cards and connections.
    (DP 1.3 barely have the bandwidth for 4k 120hz)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    My "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card" still kicks like crazy!!
  • |-OSG-|Eladd|-OSG-|Eladd Posts: 34Player
    Ever wonder what the 1080 Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor Edition could do?
    You know it'd be amazing for like 30 seconds before it blewup or melted!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    They are selling the 1070 for $150 more than what the 980 was sold for at launch. Not only that but Founders Edition is (supposedly) already at MAX OC capabilities, meaning even if you get brand versions later the performance you will get is stuck and any further attempt to OC is just going to very likely be regression in performance and stability.

    I doubt anyone will consider getting the 1070 over the 1080 at all now or even 980/Ti. I hope these leaks/rumors aren't real, because why should anyone pay $499 for this? Maybe Polaris arriving will cut the prices down...

    1070 starts @ 379$ the founders edition the reference designs are the more exp ones available @ day one.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2016
    frankof wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Umm I do that now with a 970... 10 series cards are for 2K at min.. if these cards don't max out 2556x1440 @120 min.. id be dissapointed and not looking to purchase.
    Your target are unrealistic, i.e. with max settings(+ 4x msaa) @ 2560x1440 a game like gta v runs at min. 70 fps, avg, 83, to reach 120fps, you will have to drop some settings, even with GTX 1080.
    (cpu at that test: Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4,4 GHz)

    The 1080 averages 114fps at 1440p gtx 970 avgs 55fps gtx980 61 fps. and gtx 1080 avg 159fps @ 1080p in GTA V max settings. gtx 980 gets 88fps avg 159-88= lololol And these are all reference designs... Wait till the custom cards come out giving even better performance. (The custom cards will have more than one 8pin for power right now the 1080 Founder Editions are stuck at max power usage due to only one 8pin. Some of the custom cards going to have more than just one 8pin. Gigabyte has already teased a 1080 running at 2.5ghz the default is 1.6ghz.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



Sign In or Register to comment.