Game Update Notes (5 May 2016)

Comments

• -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    Played quite a bit today, so have to agree about the kill feed padding, it just bothers eyes because of no gap at the feed background :)
    Second thing guy from our clan found or got told by someone else:
    Cabin Fever, one of the side (not sure witch) has a possibility to get out of the bordered area before round starts. On the left side there is gap, that you can jump from the hill to. so basically few guys can rush that side few seconds earlier. Would be nice to have hot-fix of this issue before more guys notice that.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,169Player
    Guys, My suggestion would be to those having issues.,Delete you whole config folder in " your path/Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config" and allow the game to generate new ones. Sometimes wonky things happen updating.

Keep in mind, you'll need to do your setting if you do delete them, but at least you'll have fresh ini files.
  • [PiS]speedydust[PiS]speedydust Posts: 17Player
    What are the names of those official new maps?
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    edited May 2016
    What are the names of those official new maps?
    Cabin fever
    Stone ruins
    Rocky road
    Just as the first post states.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    We had a 5v5 pug on each of the new maps.. don't worry about making them bdx available
  • |FOX|Pitpav|FOX|Pitpav Posts: 41Player
    edited May 2016
    New maps are great, something different from old ones. Stone ruins could be a BDX too.

GJ Devs and map makers
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    edited May 2016
    Wow great new maps! Someone was talking about eh.. some recoil "issues". When is an hotfix expected?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    That hotfix already went out yesterday shortly after the patch.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Smelly_CatSmelly_Cat Posts: 13Player
    edited May 2016
    this update changed the game play, when you slide its like you have lags. i dont like it :(
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    FunPolice wrote: »
    You are still moving the same distance. The stutter would cause you to rubberband slightly, but that's it.

Sliding is definitely different. I don't remember experiencing the stutter. It feels like we're sliding on ice.

What are your PC specs? The sliding before this patch had a pretty big rubberband to it. But if your used to lagging then it probably won't be too noticeable. Sliding in this patch is much better not perfect but a huge step forward from previous slide.

Definitely not used to lagging, getting a solid 90fps constantly.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    you can get out of spawn in cabin fever run up the hill escape spawn barrier
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    Sliding feels buggy/laggy now, not smooth at all
    You are still moving the same distance. The stutter would cause you to rubberband slightly, but that's it.

Sliding is definitely different. I don't remember experiencing the stutter. It feels like we're sliding on ice.

.Sliding in this patch is much better not perfect but a huge step forward from previous slide.

I feel the opposite, to me sliding now feels buggy or laggy, like I'm being pulled back, or trying to slide in quick sand, before the patch I found it smooth and fluent, but its clear not everyone felt the way I did before the change :'(

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2016
    Sliding feels buggy/laggy now, not smooth at all

.Sliding in this patch is much better not perfect but a huge step forward from previous slide.

I feel the opposite, to me sliding now feels buggy or laggy, like I'm being pulled back, or trying to slide in quick sand, before the patch I found it smooth and fluent, but its clear not everyone felt the way I did before the change :'(

Quite disturbing you never notice the warp before. But then again you did buy a gtx 960 so...hahha I kid i kid but for real if only you could load up the previous build and see how broken slide was. The warp messed with hit detection, making a player sliding eat bullets. It's weird with this new slide I can all the sudden kill players sliding mid slide again.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4282/why-are-players-not-playing-this-game/p2
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhhhh doba hold me back am about to ham,

Funny thing about slide gents! At the end of the slide you warp. (Broken animation fellas) Maybe you never notice this so go explore a map offline and go slide you will see your screen warp back and then forward if you pay attention.

Now if you all are so keen on keeping slide I will say it again. Make it so you are stuck looking in the direction you chose to slide in, then at the end of the slide you can aim. (Oh wow did we just fix a broken core game mechanic with one simple suggestion?)

So much going on I missed this.

I really agree with Colts on what's going on here and that it needs some attention. That animation stutter drives me nuts, and the not looking where you're aiming (and don't forget possible hit detection issues!) is a real problem that the Devs have said requires some resources to tackle properly.
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    From Philbax: As many people like to save and reuse their old inis, I highly recommend diffing your saved ini against the new one to see the changes. Here are some of the bigger ini changes you'll need to be aware of:

AAGame.ini: •Added AAMaxPlayersAllowed (defaults to 32) to AAGameInfo block.
    •Added new maps to MapVoteList and MapRotationList

Does this mean that the game will soon support mare than 24 players in a game??

Can you tell us why this change was made and what it means in terms of gameplay??
  • =[101st]=groundHog==[101st]=groundHog= Posts: 43Player
    Thanks, Devs, for making an outstanding update to Cabin Fever. It's looks great!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Thanks, Devs, for making an outstanding update to Cabin Fever. It's looks great!

It was a great map before we ever got to it!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    BDX_Stoneruins_C4 thanks.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Seems like running nade bug is back again.
  • The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.