Sound Thread for Opt-In 2

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Soundy is not going to be available to discuss this live with you guys like last time, but please post all sound related bugs and feedback here!

I'll make sure he gets it all!
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    M4 & M249 sound like toy guns.
  • [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    M4 & M249 sound like toy guns.

Still.... i said this on the first opt in
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    Horrible. Sounds not a bit real.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    I'd like to put in a request here for players to take note of something we saw in testing with Soundy:

Please watch for all areas that have objects, spaces or angles that affect sound muffling (especially gunfire and grenades) on a PER LOCATION basis!

Apparently, the new WWise sound engine has the ability to modify sound that are not line-of-sight (behind objects/walls) and also add sound reflections. This will be awesome once it's dialed in!

For now at least, it's a very labour-intensive manual process to get this dialed in, so I think any "Where and What" database might be helpful.

Please note WHERE you see (hear?) any issues.

(please DEV-gods don't kill me for this borderline NDA post! :p)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    It also might be a good idea to differentiate between "dont like" and "dont works as expected/at all".

"Sounds horrible" is not that good, it could mean its broken or you dont like it.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 365Moderator
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    . . .
    (please DEV-gods don't kill me for this borderline NDA post! )

you're fine
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • -=]WM[=-Akuma-=]WM[=-Akuma Posts: 8Player
    Can any dev "merge" my post with this one?

forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/3893#Comment_3893

467.png
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    We found and fixed an issue on Inner Hospital this morning where some areas exhibit full audio occlusion.

Put another way, sometimes you will not hear gunfire right around the corner. The issue was unique to that map.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    I don't mean to pry on the inner workings or anything, but is it going to be more complicated making UMM's in the future with the new sound engine? or will it just work as it does now?

For example, will we need to make use of reverb volumes etc.. to get the best out of the sounds?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    edited May 2015
    The new system is a bit more complicated (or at least a bit different) and you probably won't be able to get custom sounds in the new format, BUT we are leaving all the old audio content in as well. So, you can choose which way you want to do it. You will want to use the new system to get the most out of your map though.

As for Reverb volumes, you should already be using those anyway! :)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    Cool, thanks.. I aint got to the Reverb Volume for dummies book just yet :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    well, i can't say its any better tbh.
    -
    the objective related sounds are still tied to the UI sounds instead of normal game audio setting...
    -
    the weapon sounds coming from other players sound really fake.
    -
    the walking on floor types sounds still make all those click sounds and suction cup sounds.
    -
    the surround sound is still very inaccurate. my first though is that the reflection/occlusion is preventing 'directional sound through objects' to be accurate at all. like throwing your voice.

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    edited May 2015
    Dragging volume sliders all the way to the left still isn't zero. At least music one isn't.
    -
    Pistols are still the loudest guns in the game.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    the weapon sounds coming from other players sound really fake.

They all still sound fake tbh. I don't understand, can't they just use the raw recording? There's no way the recordings sound that way unless they've been recorded badly.
  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    I think the footsteps could be louder atm. It would be nice for competition :smile:
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    enemy version of m14 sounds like an m9 pistol.
    -
    friendly version of 1911 sounds like a breach gun.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2015
    Sound was way better in first opt-in. Now everything is high pitch and guns are real low. Barely hear anyone unless they are in the same room as me.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    edited May 2015
    I strongly recommend to keep the current beta(non-optin) soundsystem to be used in the next release. And if possible implementing aa2 sound(or new realistic recorded audio) will make this game alot better imo.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    current beta sound system is awful...Using AA2 Audio is impossible it no longer exist. The wwise engine is much much better they just need to get rid of this awful occlusion/hdr nonsense.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Hc|CAPTAIN(HUN)Hc|CAPTAIN(HUN) Posts: 110Player
    The new sounds are so much worse then it was in the first opt1. The new pistol was soooooo amazing. and now ? like a bucket... please do it back

Hc|Captain(HUN) -