Cancel Revive.

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    We've suggested a cooperative medic system before, the best method that I see would be the player comes over to revive someone and that someone has a second to respond by pressing a button otherwise the revive is cancelled. Instant team work, and problem solved.
    If you feel its dangerous to be revived at the moment simply don't press that accept button.
    This but put a message like mine on it when you say deny revive, to help the new players understand why!

I would think a message pops up for revive,(once initiated) and when accepted the revive starts, and if denied it just goes away and player is free to move.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    edited May 2015
    Ok, I'll try to put aside that the whole incapacitated system in this versions is very silly and present a constructive alternative:

[game reality]
    Player A revives Player B.
    From player A's perspective his job is done.
    Player B has a prompt from the start of the revive animation, asking him if he accepts the revive. If he doesn't answer he will stay in the ground, if yes, then gets revived, if no, he gets signaled again as incapacitated and needing medic and the player that revived him is notified he denied it.
    [/game reality]

The incap system is quite silly nowdays with people asking "frag my body" and medical attention taking 1 second.

I would much rather have a way to drag people like you would do if someone you wanted to revive was in a fireline. But I know that's unlikely and prone to bugs.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    We've suggested a cooperative medic system before, the best method that I see would be the player comes over to revive someone and that someone has a second to respond by pressing a button otherwise the revive is cancelled. Instant team work, and problem solved.
    If you feel its dangerous to be revived at the moment simply dont press that accept button.
    Doba is right here, the opposite makes more sense. Even if it would take some more time, because many actions in AA:PG should take more time anyways, so this is an additional reason for that.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
    If you feel its dangerous to be revived at the moment simply dont press that accept button.
    Doba is right here, the opposite makes more sense. Even if it would take some more time, because many actions in AA:PG should take more time anyways, so this is an additional reason for that.

If both parties are working as a team and with coms, the transaction should be very quick... could take longer or multiple times if the incapacitated player is not paying attention. Hence the addition of team work

In theory I think this method works well... its also unique from other games I think.. so thats a plus.

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    I agree, good post colts. Too many times I am yelling through my mic only to get revived and killed instantly. You should have a button you can hold down that disables the ability for anyone to revive you temporarily and gives the person trying to pick you up a message such as the ones that were in AA2, IE- 'CEASE FIRE CEASE FIRE' but instead have a drill sergeant yelling 'CLEAR YOUR CORNERS SOLDIER!' or something along those lines

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,156Player
    I'd prefer it to be
    M = Medic button

Die = Accept Revives
    Press M = Decline All Revives - Your countdown timer shows some sort of circle with a slash through it to signify that you will not accept revives. If a player tries to press the action button on you, nothing happens.
    Press M again = Accept Revives - The circle with slash disappears and you can accept revives again.

Simple enough.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    Clearing the area is something they should be doing, including a feature where you basically play for them from the grave is a sin. Nobody likes a backseatgamer.
  • omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    edited May 2015
    Please don't add this feature!!! I always revive my teammates under fire so that I can take their gun off their dead bodies. How else am I supposed to get the sniper from some nub thats going negative? It disappears if I team kill them.

Also how would I level up if my teammates never let me revive them? I can't actually play the game so I always just revive.. Please don't take the last thing I love about this game away from me!!
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player

I like this as well. It would also make it so players that leave there desk to go to the bathroom or do whatever that they are not picked up and sitting idle in a corner as the last person alive at the end of the round. or get picked up and are idle for a minute and someone comes along and kills you again before you return.
  • PhilliePhillie Posts: 3Player
    edited May 2015
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    We've all seen this and I TOTALLY understand the points being made but....

I'd rather see a way to educate players and reward teammates for successfully getting you back into action than a system that basically says, "I'd rather die than be helped."

That ain't the Army way!

Let's face it. Most players that revive you into the path of a bullet, also die in the encounter. Let's make it better!
    I'd like to see the last stage of training changed to tell the player to cover the teammate with a fog after ID-ing where the enemy is, and the drill Sargeant dude talking the guy through it....then....make training mandatory!

I like both of your posts because the first is the natural and following effect of the second. A proper and [mod edit - TOS violation] mandatory training that's gonna teach people the basics of what they should be doing (let's face it, we had that back in America's Army 2!).
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    I'd like to see the last stage of training changed to tell the player to cover the teammate with a fog after ID-ing where the enemy is, and the drill Sargeant dude talking the guy through it....then....make training mandatory!
    This.
    And then to stop people who just zip through the training and don't really pay attention, do this:
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I'd prefer it to be
    M = Medic button

Die = Accept Revives
    Press M = Decline All Revives - Your countdown timer shows some sort of circle with a slash through it to signify that you will not accept revives. If a player tries to press the action button on you, nothing happens.
    Press M again = Accept Revives - The circle with slash disappears and you can accept revives again.

Simple enough.

TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015

I like this as well. It would also make it so players that leave there desk to go to the bathroom or do whatever that they are not picked up and sitting idle in a corner as the last person alive at the end of the round. or get picked up and are idle for a minute and someone comes along and kills you again before you return.
    -
    Yes, although it should not happen on a regular basis, it does unfortunately. This should be an opt-in instead of opt-out.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player

Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I'd prefer it to be
    M = Medic button

Die = Accept Revives

Simple enough.

TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    If you feel its dangerous to be revived at the moment simply don't press that accept button.
    the problem with deciding to accept or deny AFTER the medic touches you seems pretty obvious... that is, you can abuse the camera as the intended patient. the moment a medic touches you to revive you as the patient you regain your first person camera and can scout the surroundings before the revive actually completes. it's basically a 360 degree view for free. currently in game this is an exploit that isn't used very often, but an exploit nonetheless. all the medic has to do is cancel after touching, and ask if you the patient saw any enemies around the corner. yes. no. retry. repeat til enemy shows up so you know... its a form of ghosting to find that last enemy without exposing yourself as the medic to a corridor.
    -
    if we were to allow this exploit to go one step further and give the patient the option to look around before accepting the revive, it would make that exploit even more well known and commonly used.
    -
    basically if this feature request gets fulfilled it should happen without the medic even touching you. as i said, disallow the medic to interact with the patient, and a "no" sign (circle with cross through it) should display in the mini map.

I get what you're saying.. I guess the simple solution to that is not giving the patient his eyes until revive has been accepted or even later

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited May 2015
    No offence, but if the so called COMP PRO's spend more time playing instead of POSTing, maybe they could overcome their shortcomings and not bother the rest of us trying to change the game to fit their needs.

The key to a revive under fire is M.Y.A works 70% of the time... and maybe thank the guy who had the rugsack to dive in the open and save you as he is under the same fire as you.

COMP = Concerns Only My Player

PUB = People Understand BattleBuddies

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

edited May 2015
    I don't think comp players need your advice.. I've seen you play ..if that's what you call it

• -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    No offence, but if the so called COMP PRO's spend more time playing instead of POSTing, maybe they could overcome their shortcomings and not bother the rest of us trying to change the game to fit their needs.

The key to a revive under fire is M.Y.A works 70% of the time... and maybe thank the guy who had the rugsack to dive in the open and save you as he is under the same fire as you.

COMP = Concerns Only My Player

PUB = People Understand BattleBuddies

cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c97972667f576b79a1b2874a6.jpg

• SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    Battlefield. Cross fire. A lot of mess around, death is everywhere. Fallen soldier, dying:

- Excuse me, Sir. Do not revive me, please, or they will kill me once again. I'm not easy frag...

ROTFL

No revives, no problem.
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    Great suggestions but, being able to toggle who can revive you and who can't or if decline revive then your body goes back to incap is a bit unfair of a system.

A more balanced revive system would be after a player revives you, you have the option to accept for a set time. If no accept then your body dissapears.

Thoughts?