Multi Objectives required to win - C4?

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
Can you have multiple bombs that the team has to work together to get multiple bombs sites for the win, instead of just one out of several possible sites? And if so, can it be less confusing so that any bomb can go to any site instead of a specific bomb going to a specific site due to the editor logic?

So, when you spawn, several of your team each pick up a bomb and run off to separate targets, and you have to get all of them to win.
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    Keebs, I'm not sure if it's been changed since I played with it,but.........

You can do most of what you're saying. however, once you plant one bomb the timer stops counting, and I haven't figured out a way to restart it. I didn't test too deep trying to figure it out, but might be through code.

Otherwise you can set as many bomb sites as you want.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
    Not being able to test objectives in the editor is a real drag!!! How do you run a local (LAN) file test with the latest way of doing things?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    A few days ago I tried the 'test gameplay' function in the editor and to my surprise.. it worked! (on the play tab in the menu bar) give that a whirl :)

If not, you can always run it from your client, put a copy of the map you want to test into your maps folder, open up the console ingame and type the map..

open bdx_yourmapname_c4.umap

Don't forget to remove the map though when your done otherwise the editor will moan about finding an 'ambiguous package' :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited April 2016
    Your undocumented feature got me all excited, but that just caused a crash in AAGame.exe and returned me to the editor! :(
    ______

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Must be one of them YMMV kinda things then :lol:

There are a few options and ways, theres the good old tried and tested putting a copy in your map folder and running from the client as I said earlier, or you can get all fancy shmancy and do something like this..
    This will work, and I quote myself...lol

"You can test some gameplay features by creating a batch file, with the following code. Just create a new notepad file, change the code below, to your game directory, and the directory and name of your map, then save as a .bat to your desktop.

Objectives, spawn points, e.t.c. will work, and can be tested. I use this all the time after making an objective change, e.t.c., to test before publishing:)"

{"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe" "C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\MissionEditor\Saves\flo_Milehigh?listen?lan?MissionEdTestGame=1"}

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

That's useful! (if it works...) :p

I want to take it a step further to verify from a network connection, ie LAN. Last time, I tried the map folder route and had an issue with the UGC system. Used to be able to use the UserMadeMaps folder to good effect.

?
    ______