Wolvy's AAPG Advanced Mission Editor Tutorials

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    Since this is sticky right now, I cleaned and updated the 1st post to make it easier for you guys to find the tutorials.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015
    Wolvy, got anything on Optimization? I have an area in my map that's sitting around 100-110 fps, I want to get at least 120-150
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    This is what I do and works great for me. Very time consuming, but if you do it right, you can get to 200 fps. If you fly around around csar, you'll notice chunks of the map disappearing as you get further from that area. There are many methods to optimizing, but this is one the biggest. The other is LOD's. But read through that slowly and follow it, you'll get your results.
    Updated, New Tutorial....
    [Tutorial] Setting up Alternate Bomb Site For C4 Game-type

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited October 2015
    Quick question.
    How to change light in game?
    Like opfor destroys a generator and the lights inside a building go off?
    Also how did you do your zip line?
    It's all done with kismet and movers aka interp actors. Youtube has many good tutorials for doing this. Just do a search for UDK tutorials for movers and lights.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    It's all done with kismet and movers aka interp actors. Youtube has many good tutorials for doing this. Just do a search for UDK tutorials for movers and lights.

Alright thanks.
    Tutorial update: New!
    This tutorial shows you how to set different elevations of fog in your map for AAPG using Fog actor volumes. Enjoy!

<div class="AlignCenter"><b class="Bold">[Tutorial] How to set Multiple Fog Volumes in your map for AAPG </b>

<b class="Bold">
    </b>
    <div class="AlignCenter"><b class="Bold">[Tutorial] AAPG Custom Weapons Load-out </b>

<b class="Bold"></b>

Enjoy!
    BSP Tutorial inbound in few.
    Updated, New Tutorial....
    [Tutorial] How to use create BSP using the builder brush - AAPG
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    You da man ! i thought you fell off your chair or something , havent seen you in a while
    Yeah, the wife is got me busy remodeling the master bathroom. I've been at it for about a month now. Pretty much took it back to the studs and plywood floor. Almost done. [TOS Violation] lady had me put crown molding too...grrrrrrr, Anyways few days from completion. I taking hour here and there to take my mind of it. so i made this tutorial last night. Hopefully be back in the mix stating next week. I can't wait, miss working out too. Time to get back pumping that iron. ;)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    Wolvy, I wanted to make some nice old stone buildings a la Urban Assault out of bsp/csg....is that a bad idea?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • EJtheKEJtheK Posts: 105Player
    Yeah, the wife is got me busy remodeling the master bathroom.

I'm guessing you designed the remodel with BSP brushes and showed your wife a UDK walkthrough? ;)

Keebler750 wrote: »
    Wolvy, I wanted to make some nice old stone buildings a la Urban Assault out of bsp/csg....is that a bad idea?

Won't look as good as using SM. Have at it! Enjoy the longer building times.
    p.s. if you mix some SM along with your bsp, it can look just as good. use SM as trims, corners, dividers between buildings/floors...etc.

EJtheK wrote: »
    Yeah, the wife is got me busy remodeling the master bathroom.

I'm guessing you designed the remodel with BSP brushes and showed your wife a UDK walkthrough? ;)

LOL. :+1:
    Well...I don't want to do ALL of it in bsp, but I want it to be unique. The only other option is learn how to create assets, and I ain't got forever......

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    Gj as usual =)
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Well...I don't want to do ALL of it in bsp, but I want it to be unique. The only other option is learn how to create assets, and I ain't got forever......

:p

You're fine, Keebs. The hardest part will be getting proper scaling.

Thx, Red!
    I'm planning on using the mock up meshes and drawing bsp right over top of them once I get the layout. That's possible, isn't it?
    ______