Ranking system should involve promotion and demotion of ranks!

FrediWestFrediWest Posts: 18Player
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
As of right now the ranking system is in an ascending order; no mater what or how a player plays they rank up based on a point or accumulation of total score. If the dev's would include a system that would penalize players like de-ranking or demotion for failing matches constantly, killing friendly, leaving in-between a game or match (etc) it would give player's a reason to rank up instead of an assured thing. It's should be something players should strive for.

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited April 2016
    In the past, ROE would decrease your point totals. When people were at lower levels, it would be easy to be ranked down due to ROE. Of course as you got further up in honor, the amount of ROE points needed to drop you down a level was astronomical. Although it was funny to see a 9 honor player roll into a server.

Penalizing players for leaving during a game would be terrible. Some maps can take a long time, sometimes things just come up and you have to go. If a single player leaves during the middle of a game, it's way different than someone leaving a game of Madden or something. Everyone keeps playing like nothing happened.

Losing score for losing rounds or matches would certainly be interesting.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • FrediWestFrediWest Posts: 18Player
    Well I guess we could rule out the leaving the game part then; but I remember playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms and getting de-ranked did motivate me to play better. Well a similar implementations might spice up the game especially in regard to friendly fire.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited April 2016
    If we had ranked matches like CSGO or whatever, then I could get on board with the leaving the game thing. CS pretty much warns you that a game could take up to 90 minutes, so if you're logging on for a competitive game you better be prepared to stay the whole time.

I wouldn't mind more ways to lose points/rank though. I'm just not sure how harsh you can make it in casual games.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Still waiting to play that awesome 90 minute game of CSGO :D
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    Because the rank system has no value in game, there's really no incentive to rank up anyway. Getting demoted would be equally meh.
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    Oh no. Please don't penalize players for losses. The ranks are based on points. Points are based on experience doing things, ie: kills, assists, revives, etc. Even if you lose, you gain experience for the actions you took during gameplay. Don't penalize us for joining a match that was already 1-7 and we don't have a chance to help the team to a victory.

However, please please please give negative points for ROE. Currently, ROE is a separate number that we can't see. Giving negative points for ROE violations would make people be sooooo much more careful with grenades, spam firing, etc. Of course keep the setting to kick after # of ROE, but also turn that into negative points for the player.
    Steam: usdod14
  • WILD-BLACK.(DK)WILD-BLACK.(DK) Posts: 1Player
    the game can not read all score,after new opdat ,all my weapons update standstill
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Deranking would make no difference. Unlike CSGO aapg doesnt use ranking system to match you up. It's pointless.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • PauloCostaPauloCosta Posts: 37Player
    Just as it was in aa2!
    AA2 (2003)SMA ~ AA3 (2009)SMA ~ AAPG (2013)E6
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010799956/
  • =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    In the original AA there were servers wher you couldn't join if you were above a certain honor level and servers for high honor only. I loved this, good way to address skill gap and keep players interested longer instead of playing a few rounds getting wrecked and uninstalling. Not sure why this went away.
    Too bad there is a bug in order to fool the server you're a E1
  • =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    Ya but who cares. How fun is it really to play with all new players? Wouldn't you rather play the challenging and more coordinated experienced players?
    iNv|roKis wrote: »

The name-thingy still or is there something new?
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Less-than/greater-than breaks ranks.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    M5.El.Jefe wrote: »
    Ya but who cares. How fun is it really to play with all new players? Wouldn't you rather play the challenging and more coordinated experienced players?

When you're the best everyone is not challanging enough. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just kidding <3
    edited April 2016
    i saw my video in close beta, I liked the rank numbers and to see the points too

SSKnecabo wrote: »

Less-than/greater-than breaks ranks.

I found out about it using a semicolon in my name so I guess there is some more even.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Some characters just don't play well with Unreal. We fix them as we can, but some of it just can't be helped short of just banning the symbol.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    PauloCosta wrote: »
    i saw my video in close beta, I liked the rank numbers and to see the points too

I think you broke the NDA by publishing this video back then.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited April 2016
    i played the beta, but the video i did after! lol ago 2013 in open beta i did this video!