How is the game about cheats?

i am thinking to be back to the game, but 1 years ago we had alot of cheats and macros, alot of wallhack, and now how is it?

AA2 (2003)SMA ~ AA3 (2009)SMA ~ AAPG (2013)E6
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010799956/

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,575Player
    Always been very few cheaters in this game. If you think there was many a year ago you would probably think the same today.
    Try i and see.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    There are enough servers for you to play on where you will fit in and not worry about accusing anyone, I could name some .. but Im sure some will find it offensive

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • dcG|KurosivedcG|Kurosive Posts: 3Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    There are enough servers for you to play on where you will fit in and not worry about accusing anyone, I could name some .. but Im sure some will find it offensive

LOOOL
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Agree with Doba especially if you think it were "alot of cheats and macros, alot of wallhack" a year ago.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
    You sensitive types do realize that certain things ARE being found on a regular basis, and sometimes there is a surge in "use" right? It's not just people thinking you gods are bad boys. They have reasons to be suspicious in this environment.

It is unfortunate that everyone gets painted with that brush.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited April 2016
    Have you ever played other FPS games Keebler? It's rather objective to state this game does not have many cheaters. If anything it probably increased but the state of a year ago? I'd love to have that in other games.

I won't speak for others but I was certainly not thinking about my godly self getting accused, just stating what I think of as facts.
    edited April 2016
    Yes. You're probably right the ratio is less, but the players that don't realize what is possible from a good player ARE also seeing the effects of assists out there. I guarantee it.

Being players that don't know what's possible, they can't tell the difference.

THAT is the problem here. When I play against good players I KNOW aren't assisted, I learn what's possible. When I improve my own skills, I learn what's possible.

When assists are discovered, it unfortunately muddies the water.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Sgt^SlaughterSgt^Slaughter Posts: 1Player
    I have played this game since its inception. There has always been some people who will exploit any advantage they can ( Hence, usually COD player types. Then you have the players who want head to head competition on a level playing field (Mil Sim enthusiasts) who favor being honorable and ethical, even if it means not winning or being on top of the scoreboard. The only aspect that set this game apart from the other shooters (COD, and the like) was the more cerebral, strategic execution of tactics. When the tactics of the COD ilk are presented into this game it becomes just another generic FPS shooter, but when kept in the initially created perspective it plays far superior and has great lasting potential in the FPS realm.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    You sensitive types do realize that certain things ARE being found on a regular basis.

I told him that I can give him a healthy list of servers that he will be safe in, because these servers Ban first, dont care to ask questions later... has nothing to do with a number of dirty players at all because dirty or clean youre gone if you can kill.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited April 2016
    Yes, Doba. I know exactly what you are talking about. I was running behind you, on your team one night and you suddenly disappeared.....

It's really tough to balance all this stuff I guess, and it always ends up being unfair to SOMEONE.

I wish we could figure it out. :(
    ______

It's not just people not knowing what's possible in-game, it's also people not being educated about cheats. It's still one of those taboo topics unfortunately, knowing a lot about cheats makes you suspicious really fast. It's actually a really interesting topic and there are a lot of great videos out there.

Out of the countless accusations I'm at the count of 1 solid accusation, solid meaning that it makes sense and is actually a possibility rather than the usual claims of "cheating" without naming the kind of cheat. It's funny how people go silent when being asked about the exact kind of cheat being used, just proves they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

It's also about the attitude of the player. If I'm bad at a game and get rekt 24/7 I'll better be looking at myself and try to improve first instead of calling cheats. Tbh I consider this kind of attitude as annoying as the arrogant behavior of some good players.

On a side note, how would you "KNOW" which good players aren't assisted. Unless you met them IRL there isn't really a way to know for sure. Improving yourself however is a great point, that certainly helps in understanding how some stuff is pulled off whether it's insane aim, predictions, wallbangs, nade spots, timing etc.
    edited April 2016
    Good post, Necabo.

Since I'm in the best clan there is................... :) ........ I get to see things...therefore I trust the good players who kick my butt. Ya, generally it's not easy to know for SURE.

Also, I know how bad Doba kicked my butt on Beta. :) Heh heh.
    ______

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited April 2016
    My thoughts with cheats are the following:
    1. Unless it's blatant then keep your mouth shut because you have no idea if they really are cheating.
    1a. Complain all you want to your friends (although they probably get tired of hearing you whine about it), but there's no reason to start crap in game or on these forums.
    1b. You can always report the person through the proper channels and they'll look into it.

2. There are people who play this game way more than you do.
    2a. There are people who play this game constantly and don't do anything else with their free time. Odds are, these people will probably be better than you.
    2b. Some people spend much of their free time practicing their aim, strategies, and other tricks to get better. Do you?

3. People who are younger than you probably have faster reflexes.
    3a. People who are younger than you probably spend more time playing.

4. People who are older than you have possibly been doing this for years.
    4b. Some of these people have probably been playing FPS games at a high level for many more years than you have even played any FPS games.

5. There are people who look legit and actually are cheaters.
    5a. There are people who cheat who allow themselves to only get respectable frag rates so that they don't stick out.
    5b. There are people who cheat who are highly respected members of the community.

6. People who call a player a cheater who isn't blatant are probably more annoying than the potential cheater themselves. I'd rather a non-obvious cheater who gets 2:1 or 3:1 KDR than someone else who calls out every guy who kills them and is having a good game.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    There is a facebook group dedicated to this kind of topic, and some also keep a YouTube playlist of people who has tried cheating (blatant ones). I dont think there's a major difference in comparison to the old beta...it must be said that punkbuster is effective in the same way it was before (therefore, not that much).
    Derob6.jpg
    I don't think the facebook group is a good place for everyone. After all I'm in it and there are no mild salsa warnings..
  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    What i heard of this fb group, the only thing what happens there is witchhunting
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    edited April 2016
    Admins just like new players, have their noobs status when they are new. With that being said I mean theres more experienced admins than others. In my eyes I see less injustice in global. Also at least on EU side some admins talk to eachother to review some players. Not counting the obvious hackers that join servers from very long time to time, admins have been more careful with their decisions. Thats my view of it, and myself have acquired a good amount of bans on EU over the past year.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
    Not sure if I agree, when I was new to being an admin I took it really seriously and didn't ban anyone without solid proof. It's about your attitude and clan rules towards it I guess.

The admin talking to each other thing can be as obnoxious as positive as well especially if it's befriended regional admins "sharing" their banlists. Same goes for the players going around "warning" admins about players, some even threatening to not play on the server anymore if player x doesn't get banned.

In my perfect world every ban should be documented with screenshots and/or videos etc. and visible online to everyone. The banned player has the opportunity to see what he did (or did not) do wrong and other players get some insight on how that clan is handling the server. Admins at the same time can refer to it rather easily, it's a win - win in my eyes.
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    Yes that "proof" that you're talking about would be a nice thing to have, but we all know that aint happen in every server you get banned.
    I'm just saying in general the badmin is a better admin nowadays then it used to be. Doesn't mean there aren't a handful amount of admins that shouldn't be allowed to administrate a server. However, ignoring the last patch (removing the option to votekick), the official servers have been my fav. home to play.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
    Yeah, official servers are the best but only with votekicks disabled :p
This discussion has been closed.