Game Update Notes (31 MAR 2016)

13»

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,146Player
    edited April 2016
    I can easily hear where players are when it comes to left and right. Up and down can be a bit of an issue for me and same goes with behind. Also, the sound volume between close steps and far away steps tends to not change terribly much. However, those same problems existed in the prior sound engine (and were probably worse). The sound isn't perfect, but if you configure your sound right it's way better than it was in beta.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • PhilBaxPhilBax Posts: 43Developer
    edited April 2016
    Wait, why is the Snakeskin skin for the M24 no longer rewarded for M24 Elite? It shows it as under Arctic, in fact. Is this the new default? Snakeskin > Arctic > Jungle?

We fixed an issue where the Challenge Progress widget was showing incorrect skin names in the awards section. Looks like, in the process, skin progression got reversed for the M24 and M1911 . It'll get fixed next update. In the meantime, enjoy trying out the higher-rank skins. :)
  • Funny guys really funny =)
    ================================================================================================
    b_560_95_1.png
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,457Player
    The (UMM) Changes are excellent well done dev's
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    I like the Homestead map and have almost only played this map since it's release and I would very much like to see a Homestead Only Permanent Server!!
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • SL_vilsmindSL_vilsmind Posts: 4Player
    I hoped that the server browser show me all available servers after the update, but it's still horrable. BTW, all filters are at any and no IP is entered.

I can only find 0 or max 5 available servers but all empty. The only way th connect to server is via the console "open *serverip*".

I can remember that in AA2 you could see all servers and it was pretty easy to select the filter in a better way which servers are shown or not.

A fix would be great.

Hooah!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Can you see all the servers if you use the Steam server browser outside of the game?
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    |PhilBax| wrote: »
    Wait, why is the Snakeskin skin for the M24 no longer rewarded for M24 Elite? It shows it as under Arctic, in fact. Is this the new default? Snakeskin > Arctic > Jungle?

We fixed an issue where the Challenge Progress widget was showing incorrect skin names in the awards section. Looks like, in the process, skin progression got reversed for the M24 and M1911 . It'll get fixed next update. In the meantime, enjoy trying out the higher-rank skins. :)
    Roger, thanks.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 648Player
    its fun pulling the pistol out, and there's nothing there ,shooting with your fingers
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 172Beta Tester
    vilsmind wrote: »
    I hoped that the server browser show me all available servers after the update, but it's still horrable. BTW, all filters are at any and no IP is entered.

I can only find 0 or max 5 available servers but all empty. The only way th connect to server is via the console "open *serverip*".

I can remember that in AA2 you could see all servers and it was pretty easy to select the filter in a better way which servers are shown or not.

A fix would be great.

Hooah!

Make sure windows firewall and defender are disabled.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 338Beta Tester
    edited April 2016
    (Beer_me)lobo wrote:
    its fun pulling the pistol out, and there's nothing there ,shooting with your fingers

Did you know that if you set your computer's date back to April 1 you can still use the finger pistol and confetti grenades?

I tried to use the "quote" function to post this but it won't work for me. I click it but nothing happens. What's up with that?
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Duke, ya need to learn BBcode and HTML... :p

The word "quote" in square brackets starts a quote, and "/quote" in square brackets ends a quote, so...if necessary you can cut and paste your way to success. My quotes don't work either on Win7/IE11.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

The word "quote" in square brackets starts a quote, and "/quote" in square brackets ends a quote, so...if necessary you can cut and paste your way to success. My quotes don't work either on Win7/IE11.

Yes, I did know that, (which is what I just did here). However, my point was, it was working and now it's not. And why Win7/ie11??? I would think that is one of the most common pairings.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2016
    Duke_Audi wrote: »

Yes, I did know that, (which is what I just did here). However, my point was, it was working and now it's not. And why Win7/ie11??? I would think that is one of the most common pairings.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Chrome, distantly followed by Firefox, are far and away the most popular (by the w3schools numbers at least). I don't know how mobile factors in to that picture. IE has historically had poorer conformance to web standards than Chrome and Firefox, though MS has said they want to change that reputation going forward.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
    Steam hardware survey shows Win10x64 barely ahead of Win7x64. Between the two, they're 69% of Steam users. If you fold in the more generic "Windows 7" (x32?), it pulls slightly ahead.

It's interesting to compare those numbers to the w3schools OS report which does show Win7 as significantly more common than Win10. Difference between gaming/home setups and the corporate world?
    Wow, I had no idea; I’m so out of touch. Who know IE has been under 10% for over 2 years. (Well obviously you)
    I suspect large corporations who lease their computers are driving the operating system numbers and not gamers or small companies. Heck, the company I work for still have two ‘puters running Win95. The rest are running XP or XP Pro and a couple of us are on Windows7 (32 bit).