suggestion: config for leaning

as it says, i 'd like to see a mapable key for toogle leaning where i can use my keys for the direction (maybe even up/down like wolfenstein n.o.) where i want to lean.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    You mean like....Lean Left; Lean Right?

'Cause that's already in there! :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    yeah not sure what hes asking for here.. people have Lean binded to their mouse, so if thats what youre referring to, then it can already be done

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • omerta`jeeomerta`jee Posts: 54Player
    I think he means you hit a button to go to 'lean mode' then you can use your A and D keys to lean out as far as you want and then hit the button to exit 'lean mode' to make your AD keys work with your feet again.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    adjustment leaning.. + for further lean - for less lean on the fly? .. meh

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =LEGION=CanJ=LEGION=CanJ Posts: 23Player
    no... i meant a toogle function where i can use "my" "direction-keys" for leaning in that direction
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited May 2015
    [GL]_canj wrote: »
    no... i meant a toogle function where i can use "my" "direction-keys" for leaning in that direction

You can't lean forward or backward, so you only need to lean in two directions, left and right. You can do this with a keybind as long as it is not binded to GBA_ fire ....right?
    googley avatar aapg

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2015
    Hoo boy. Don't know if it's still possible, but you could try something like ...
    % Enter LEAN MODE
    setbind j "setbind a GBA_LeanLeft | setbind d GBA_LeanRight"
    % Exit LEAN MODE
    setbind k "setbind a GBA_StrafeLeft | setbind d GBA_StrafeRight"

A more advanced version that might be broken now and requires adding commands directly to AAInput:
    Bindings=(Name="leanToggleOn","setbind a GBA_LeanLeft | setbind d GBA_LeanRight")
    Bindings=(Name="leanToggleOff",Command="setbind a GBA_StrafeLeft | setbind d GBA_StrafeRight")

setbind k "leanToggleOn | onRelease leanToggleOff"

So, in "lean mode", your A+D keys work the same as lean left and lean right. Outside lean mode, A+D work for movement. To enter or exit "lean mode", you have to press some other key.

Is that what you're going for? What do you dislike with the current Q+E keys for leaning, or, what is the improvement you're trying to make?
  • =LEGION=CanJ=LEGION=CanJ Posts: 23Player
    Hoo boy. Don't know if it's still possible, but you could try something like ...
    % Enter LEAN MODE
    setbind j "setbind a GBA_LeanLeft | setbind d GBA_LeanRight"
    % Exit LEAN MODE
    setbind k "setbind a GBA_StrafeLeft | setbind d GBA_StrafeRight"

A more advanced version that might be broken now and requires adding commands directly to AAInput:
    Bindings=(Name="leanToggleOn","setbind a GBA_LeanLeft | setbind d GBA_LeanRight")
    Bindings=(Name="leanToggleOff",Command="setbind a GBA_StrafeLeft | setbind d GBA_StrafeRight")

setbind k "leanToggleOn | onRelease leanToggleOff"

So, in "lean mode", your A+D keys work the same as lean left and lean right. Outside lean mode, A+D work for movement. To enter or exit "lean mode", you have to press some other key.

Is that what you're going for? What do you dislike with the current Q+E keys for leaning, or, what is the improvement you're trying to make?

jepp this i was searching for...leaning while holding a button/key
    with the fwd/bkg directions i thought of "peaking" up and down (above a crate or below .
  • =R*C=raVe=R*C=raVe Posts: 8Player
    Use N
  • -[U|S|A]-Bunny_Hopper{MEGA}-[U|S|A]-Bunny_Hopper{MEGA} Posts: 87Player
    edited May 2015
    no disrespect but, man you guys make playing this game way 2 complicated.
    so many bindings ...whats wrong with a single key 2 lean?, i use all my default keys expect for Nades and Choke, and i do just fine lol

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    how about keybinds to change my camo skins on demand? :p i want to use woodland camo when i find a nice bush spot. and i want switch to black camo when i hide in a dark corner with a dark backdrop with low gamma... and i want to switch to enemy camo to blend in and make them think i am a friendly, like a spy in TF2...

no disrespect but, man you guys make playing this game way 2 complicated.
    so many bindings ...whats wrong with a single key 2 lean?, i use all my default keys expect for Nades and Choke, and i do just fine lol
    For the record, I don't think setting a bind to replace your movement keys with lean is a GOOD idea, I'm just offering the bind to do so if that's really what somebody wants...
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    yes! make dead enemies drop their camo so i can wear it and fool the enemy team by changing my nameplate to friendly hud color when i put on their blouse...

how about keybinds to change my camo skins on demand? :p i want to use woodland camo when i find a nice bush spot. and i want switch to black camo when i hide in a dark corner with a dark backdrop with low gamma... and i want to switch to enemy camo to blend in and make them think i am a friendly, like a spy in TF2...
    yes! make dead enemies drop their camo so i can wear it and fool the enemy team by changing my nameplate to friendly hud color when i put on their blouse...

lol did you just reply to yourself shhfifty? :lol:

New meta: shout "Hooah!" at all friendlies. If they "Hooah!" back in dirty Czervo-speak, shoot 'em in the face.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    LOL. Say.....wouldn't that be worse than bushes.....? :*
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    LOL. Say.....wouldn't that be worse than bushes.....? :*

If it means I get a flamethrower a la TF2 counter-spy tactics, I'm okay with it. In the interest of realism, flamethrowers also get to torch bushes. Bush char levels persist from one round to the next, rather like clearing forests in the BF:BC2 era.

I think this is a win-win-win all around. I nominate shhfifty for "Best Suggestion 2015" !
  • Not sure if its in this version or not, but there already is a built in Toggle command in UE3.

Not sure if it would work, but any try:
    setbind j "Toggle GBA_LeanLeft"

or
    setbind j "GBA_LeanLeft | setbind d GBA_LeanRight"

Dont forget in the user ini its:
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_LeanLeft",Command="LeanLeft | OnRelease ReleaseLean")

So maybe even:
    setbind j "LeanLeft"
    setbind j "Toggle LeanLeft"

Ill mess around with it, still missing my muteall 0 and 1 though :-(
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    You would be forced to disengage lean every time you wanted to shift a tiny bit. That's a lot of buttons for adjusting your position when you are under/over exposing a corner. But to each his own, if it works for him so be it.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I wouldn't recommend that and I don't see how that would be an improvement but as Sauce said, to each his own preferences.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I have a weak left pinky from old bone fractures . So, in some cases, binds are useful for those keys I can't physically push down.
    googley avatar aapg