Windows 10 and AA:PG

[DFekt].Killinzero[DFekt].Killinzero Posts: 81Player
edited March 2016 in Game Support
Well, i recently upgraded to Windows 10. i started to play on my clan server and i noticed that my game isnt smooth and im getting no more then 30fps in the game. before windows 10 i was getting 90FPS (i capped it at that) and it was perfect. Ive tried reinstalling the drivers and i also reinstalled the game. and nothing seems to work. here are my specs

CPU: Intel I7-4940MX 3.10 (OC to 4.0 factory setting
RAM: 16GB
Graphics card: nivdia 980M
HD: 256SSD 1tb hybrid
J.Rizzo.jpg

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Make sure you have your graphic card selected and it's not using the on board graohics.
  • [DFekt].Killinzero[DFekt].Killinzero Posts: 81Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Make sure you have your graphic card selected and it's not using the on board graohics.

i made sure of that. still no cigar
    J.Rizzo.jpg

Did you upgrade or re-do your pc completely? I heard there have been several issues with just upgrading it from previous versions.
    It auto update and i dont have recovery disk for 8.1 nor 10
    J.Rizzo.jpg

As long as you have the key that shouldn't be an issue. I think Microsoft actually provides iso files on their website now. Maybe someone else has a better idea on how to fix your issue though.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I looked up the 960m on the innerweb an most state that is is an entry level card for laptops. I saw stats at 30 FPS with low to medium settings on most popular game titles. Someone else posted about the 960m in this forum.
    googley avatar aapg

• ^]-[ammer_T!me!^]-[ammer_T!me! Posts: 91Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I looked up the 960m on the innerweb an most state that is is an entry level card for laptops. I saw stats at 30 FPS with low to medium settings on most popular game titles. Someone else posted about the 960m in this forum.

OP has 980m, not 960m.

@ CPL-J.Rizzo[3rdID]

I would uninstall GFX driver via device manager and use geforce experience to DL the newest one. Make sure in GF CP to set the GPU to maximum performance mode under aapg (create a profile for it).

i5 4690K/970GTX/16GB/XL2411/Win10

aastats.com
    That doesn't explain dropping from 90 FPS to 30 FPS from just updating to Windows 10. From my experience the game rather tends to be heavy on the CPU anyway, used to play on a GTX660Ti which was perfectly fine for 120 FPS.
    "^ wrote:
    -[ammer_T!me!;36444"]
    IO_i_OI wrote: »

OP has 980m, not 960m.

@ CPL-J.Rizzo[3rdID]

I would uninstall GFX driver via device manager and use geforce experience to DL the newest one. Make sure in GF CP to set the GPU to maximum performance mode under aapg (create a profile for it).

Ive already reinstalled the drivers and the problem still present.
    J.Rizzo.jpg

RESOLVED: game profile was corrupt. Thank you guys, have 200fps again
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    What did you do?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Restored the game profile in the nivdia CP and then set the video processor to that again.
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    edited March 2016
    I glad you got it resolved but as mentioned before I always advise people after upgrading to do a complete reinstall as there has been reported lots of driver and other problems after upgrade. I personally had some driver issues and windows store would not work.
    You don't need a key to activate as Windows 10 is now activated on your laptop and Microsoft have the hardware ID of your laptop and it will reactivate automatically. I post the link below to the Windows 10 iso. For anyone yet to upgrade then upgrade and activate first before doing a clean install other wise you wont get auto activation and will need your Windows 7 or 8.1 key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    when asked for key just skip as it will auto activate once installed if you have already upgraded.

ps. best installed from a USB stick
    yeah the problem is i dont have a windows 10 recovery disk.
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 144Player
    How to create Windows 10 DVD Recovery Disk

https://microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    ^would love to "Thumbs Up or Give Rep" weakness.....not too many people know about that :)
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • [Nomad][Nomad] Posts: 15Player
    Restored the game profile in the nivdia CP and then set the video processor to that again.
    I was gonna say disable all the unnecessary processes in the background, but you solved it!
    Didn't quite understand what you meant, but can you please share more details on how you did it with the Nvidia CP thing, just in case if I have the same issue in the future? Thank you!
    [Nomad] wrote: »
    I was gonna say disable all the unnecessary processes in the background, but you solved it!
    Didn't quite understand what you meant, but can you please share more details on how you did it with the Nvidia CP thing, just in case if I have the same issue in the future? Thank you!

Open nvidia CP> Manage 3D settings >Select AA:PG Then Hit Restore.
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    It auto update and i dont have recovery disk for 8.1 nor 10

You don't need a disk you just go to Reset PC option.

I use option 2. It works just like reformatting with a disk did on previous versions of windows.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html#option2

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html#option1
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 144Player
    Everyone who uses Windows 10 should take the time and download and create the Windows 10 Restore Media. You never know when the system will refuse to boot and you never know when a hard disk will fail.