WeaponsCache - fixed and polished up remake of LeQueb

ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
edited March 2016 in Mission Editor
Thx to LeQueb first for his really well done map remake.
I took his remake and fixed the loading lighting reverbvolumes spawns and so on
added some things...

AND HERE IT IS :awesome: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=645954545

Have Fun
Gz Modtools

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    Nicely done. Now there was some scale issues with that version. If you can get that taking care off, many more will love you.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Sweet, can't wait to play it!
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    Thank you :D Gotta try it.
    Oh well.
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
    wolverine what do you mean with scaling issue ?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited March 2016
    Modtools wrote: »

Character models are different in AAPG vs AA2 so a lot places need adjustments(or need to be made bigger) so the map layout will work for AAPG. Also because the models are different areas that might of been previously setup for sightlines or cover may not work. Also spawns will different. Vaulting is another issue. AA2 had no vaulting so for example windows on Insurgent Camp for example need to be raised and not allowed to vault over. If you just block the window from being vaultable you are left with a window that is way too far down when looking at it through AAPG perspective. If you look at it on AA2 perspective the window is not too low for the character model.

What one needs to do when coping an AA2 map is think of these issues. So instead of copy it exactly you want to replicate it and make sure it fits for AAPG's game mechanics and is properly intended to be an AAPG Map not an AA2 map forced with AAPG game mechanics.

Overall these a just a few of this issues that need to be dealt with there are many more you will encounter.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    edited March 2016
    All you should have to do is convert sizes in the new map by the scaling factor for the Unreal Units. This info is on this, or the old forum somewhere. If it's properly scaled for the new player size, everything should work....sightlines, door openings, hallways, windows etc. The only issue would be anchoring and vaulting, as Colts mentioned, but the scaling issue will go a long way towards solving issues.

I'd research anything Altan had to say about this, and Wolvy, among others.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

.dc-colts^ wrote: »

Character models are different in AAPG vs AA2 so a lot places need adjustments(or need to be made bigger) so the map layout will work for AAPG. Also because the models are different areas that might of been previously setup for sightlines or cover may not work. Also spawns will different. Vaulting is another issue. AA2 had no vaulting so for example windows on Insurgent Camp for example need to be raised and not allowed to vault over. If you just block the window from being vaultable you are left with a window that is way too far down when looking at it through AAPG perspective. If you look at it on AA2 perspective the window is not too low for the character model.

What one needs to do when coping an AA2 map is think of these issues. So instead of copy it exactly you want to replicate it and make sure it fits for AAPG's game mechanics and is properly intended to be an AAPG Map not an AA2 map forced with AAPG game mechanics.

Overall these a just a few of this issues that need to be dealt with there are many more you will encounter.

^^^^^^^^^^What he said. If you were to take Csar for example and just port it out, the map would feel and play much different from the version made for AAPG. It's not just scale, but like the guys said....vaulting would be another problem. Also jumping, the way you lean out of windows...etc. Lots of adjustments are need to make an old map play correctly in aapg. It has to feel right.

edited March 2016
    yep i know and i scaled it already up but if there is any problem pls say it then i will rework :-)
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    snif snif, best map ever!!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    edited March 2016
    I used to love Weapons Cache, but....I now realize how little I knew about map design or gaming back then. (and I admit I only know slightly more...)

The routes and choke points are pretty defense-sided compared to what we'd be willing to agree on now!

Honestly, CSAR is the same way!

That's how we used to roll! :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    edited March 2016
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I used to love Weapons Cache, but....I now realize how little I knew about map design or gaming back then. (and I admit I only know slightly more...)

The routes and choke points are pretty defense-sided compared to what we'd be willing to agree on now!

Honestly, CSAR is the same way!

That's how we used to roll! :p

Most AA2 maps were like this that's why it was so important to get at least one or two rounds on assault. It was fine and everyone had fun. Assaulting was intentionally harder. Nowadays many people I know prefer balanced (almost symmetrical) maps over extra difficulty. I like both.
    Oh well.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited March 2016
    Let's also not forget that public matches play out a whole lot different than comp matches. In pub matches, people roam around the whole map, so it plays more evenly. Matches typically played out with a team stacking the upstairs objective and usually sending out feelers at the beginning of the round. In this sense, it tends to be way more defensive oriented.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    :-D i see you all like the map :-P
    some problems found yet ?
  • -ew.raw!^-ew.raw!^ Posts: 175Player
    edited March 2016
    Aaarrgh...im dreaming that someday this map has like 3 full servers everyday non-stop...just like in AA2 long time ago before hospital noobs.

-ew. were one of the oldest WC clans in AA2 and currently we have a few original guys that liked WC so we will sure try to get players to our 2nd server which will be also in WC.

1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
    #BUGFIX:
    -Fixed opening directions of the doors
    -Fixed lighting of the doors (were displayed black -.-)
    -changed objective times to 15-20 sec
  • LeQuebLeQueb Posts: 7Player
    Hey,

Sorry i took a 2 years break of Online Gaming shortly after i'v done those maps. Now slowly returning to it.

Happy to see someone try to fix the map. My main concern was the elevator ladder, did you fix this ?

Also, when i made that map, i was fresh new at map design, i can safely say, that's was my first ever map done in a 3D Engine, my second one was Communication Tower. I fight so hard whit UDK to make that map alive, you could not imagine lol. Took me 3 weeks of hard learning curve, i took no course, only watched couple video's tutorial's and jump into it right away, cause WC was by far my prefered all time map, and wanted to play it in AA:PG.

Oh, and sorry my english may not be perfect, French Canadian here, Hooah !!!
    Welcome back LeQueb. Hopefully you're back to stay. No worries your map is in good hands. ModTools is a very good mapper. Also Keep in mind, there are 2 mapping contest that are about to get underway. Check those out, hopefully you can contribute to both contest. Hopefully you can republish your maps, many of us loved CT. Again, nice to see you back.
    edited March 2016
    Hey LeQueb :awesome:
    nice to see you back will add you as coauthor on steam.
    the ladder problem should be solved :-P

@-=}WoLverine{=-
    thank you that you name me a good mapper :awesome:
  • {RR}-Maclobster{RR}-Maclobster Posts: 218Beta Tester
    nice work :+1:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • LeQuebLeQueb Posts: 7Player
    Thanks for the warm welcome :)

As for the mapping, i cant figure how to update my maps, i had uninstall all that 2 years ago, now when i start the game, i saw my maps on the workshop, but whatever i do, i can get them downloaded to my HDD. I would like to get them back and maybe do some work on CT and republish it, i think CT could be a good contest map once reworked a bit.

Any idea's on how i can get them back to my HDD.

Same as ModTool, i cant get the map downloaded, nothing happens :(