What Would You Do?

So I was in a private server last night,

A few people I have played with in the past were also there, Boom! one person shows up and the other team, who has losing slightly , suddenly started winning.

One of what i consider a very good player on my team, leaves, suspects the new person who joins to be a "cheater".... at first i doubt him.... the person who is accused has been playing less than 2-3 rounds and already is like 20-5, now..... as I myself have done this before, I dont pay much attention to it. I think to myself "hes having a good game" and im having a bad night, which to be honest I was playing like [TOS Violation].

My friend or associate rages, and leaves, due to the fact that he thinks the other team has a cheater, again I ignore it. The person who leaves is a decent player I would say as good as me or better, and was at the top or the leader board, with a decent score as well.

I keep playing, although at first I didn't have too much suspicion of the other player, I challenge him in Global and start talking smack. The first thing i notice is his confidence, "you wont kill me" he says. I realize later that this was not confidence but indeed arrogance.

To test my theory of his shots "feeling weird" or "fishy" I decide to hide in a corner. Being the "last man standing" I "hear" a few players run right by me, looking for the enemy, but this person stops. He waits, and indeed as soon as I walk out of my hidden spot, he pistol head shots me in the FACE. I call him names and such and rage from the server.

Now as I have no real proof, I am at a lost on what to do.

What should I do?

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    You should not talk before being sure. Being sure in that case means having solid proof. Next time don't say a word and spectate the player in question. Calling someone names certainly doesn't help anyone.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,462Player
    edited March 2016
    "He waits, and indeed as soon as I walk out of my hidden spot, he pistol head shots me in the FACE".
    Maybe he had looked everywhere and decided to just stop where you was hiding pure luck.
    Then you moved so you give your position away and he shot you.

gKQ6BB2.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I just say lol in the chat box. I never call anyone out.

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Just add that bad managed server to your personal server black list.
    "bad managed server" rofl..
  • GunR|DrerexGunR|Drerex Posts: 65Player
    This type of thing happens. I know that I can have a few bad rounds and the following round kill 10 players. If I see someone like that on my server, I just spectate them to see if there is anything fishy or not. Since I am a ACI streaming admin, I am also able to do a background check on that player. If he has a linked banned account with fishy game play, that is enough reason to remove him. If you are not a ACI member, let an admin know. They usually are able to check that. I normally don't remove people until it is very obvious that they are cheating/hacking. If you are able to, check screenshots or record his game play. If you see that demorec is running (When looking at the players stats in game, you will see a record button lit up in red on the bottom right), get a hold of one of the admins and let them know and have them look at the demorec of that match. Be sure to write down the time/date/map and players name. This is useful information to have.

Other than that, without any proof, you don't have much to stand on. If you were to play on our server (Gun Runner =GunR=), we have demorec on at all times and we can go back and look at any player that has played on our server.
    Untitled_zpsqiypm7mn.png

This type of thing happens. I know that I can have a few bad rounds and the following round kill 10 players. If I see someone like that on my server, I just spectate them to see if there is anything fishy or not. Since I am a ACI streaming admin, I am also able to do a background check on that player. If he has a linked banned account with fishy game play, that is enough reason to remove him. If you are not a ACI member, let an admin know. They usually are able to check that. I normally don't remove people until it is very obvious that they are cheating/hacking. If you are able to, check screenshots or record his game play. If you see that demorec is running (When looking at the players stats in game, you will see a record button lit up in red on the bottom right), get a hold of one of the admins and let them know and have them look at the demorec of that match. Be sure to write down the time/date/map and players name. This is useful information to have.

Other than that, without any proof, you don't have much to stand on. If you were to play on our server (Gun Runner =GunR=), we have demorec on at all times and we can go back and look at any player that has played on our server.

Not trying to discredit you or anything, in fact I don't even know you but this is pretty much what every server admin will say. It really depends on what each individual considers "very obvious". I've seen and experienced a lot of unjustified bans on many servers run by well respected server admins.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    If I were you I'd write a in depth letter to the head Dev escribing exactly how you were violated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    If I were you I'd write a in depth letter to the head Dev describing exactly how you were violated

And show me on this doll where he shot you.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • thank you for your opinions , and doba, i wana call you names but i shall restrict myself.

I know i have nothing to stand on, so I shall shallow my pride and let it go i guess.

I guess some players are that much better than me.

it was really eating me inside, i RAGED so hard, but i guess thats what people feel when i pistol headshot them or 180 slide headshot lol

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you" thx for this :D

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited March 2016
    Well...who knows?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    What you should do? Spectate, record and report him to admin or server owner if he's a cheater.
    If it isn't very obvious, it's difficult to determine if a player on the opposite team is cheating or not, you have to spectate him.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Sometimes in online games you always have that legitimate option to take the steps of bringing up good old esc menu and choosing exit to main menu.

It's just the best, for stress relief and a return to calm.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Even if you have definitive proof, it is against the rules to call someone out on this forum. As for calling someone out in the game, (on private servers), it may be against their rules. Your best bet is to contact an Admin with the exact time and date so they can check it out. On Public servers, send in an abuse report with info and server name.
    googley avatar aapg

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    The method I use if I suspect someone (but don't know) is to spectate them and try and get a couple of guys I know are good to also spectate them. These are guys who I know won't jump to conclusions or talk about it publicly.
  • SG1][Teal'cSG1][Teal'c Posts: 76Player
    edited March 2016
    @ =GunR=Drerex
    Though it's very, very appreciable how much effort guys like you do to keep a clean game, I also have to agree with SSKnecabo.
    As a former hardcore-gamer, I experienced unjustified bans far too much myself because "obvious reasons" that are non existent. I got banned on multiple thousands of servers in css. I used to play cs 1.5 on professional niveau (sadly I was too young to sign a contract) and..ye, I think you see where I'm going.
    I got banned because "I'm using aimbot" as I was purely running around with pumpgun (to anyone who has just a little bit of a brain, it should be more than obvious so an aimbot with a pumpgun would be a huge disadvantage because you have to aim on his upper chest...not on his head), just to mention one example, and there are plenty..sadly.
    I really do appreciate anyone who does his best to keep a clean game! But "obvious reasons" are subjective and not objective, and it get's even worse if admins can't handle their own emotions/ego's (I'm not talking about you, I don't know you, it's just a statement, please don't take it personal :-) ).

@ ^Bunny_Hopper^
    I do understand your frustration, no one likes to loose because of cheaters (if it's true or not doesn't matter in this point). I could say "keep calm" or "don't give up" or what ever..but that should be obvious IMHO.
    Just one thing: If you think someone is cheating, go spectate mode. Don't write anything because bots/hacks can be turned off on the fly. If possible record the game (and if you have to use Fraps or similar tools, that's fine! Better than doing nothing.) and send a copy to the clan who's running the server + post it in the official forum. Best thing to get rid of a cheater is by letting multiple people judge it (though it won't help always as my example clearly states out). Worst thing that can happen is so you make some people upset, who cares unless you repetitively claim people to be cheating while they're not. I think, most of the worthy players will be happy to have every cheater as possible banned, so one or two guys being upset is not fortunate, but it's no world collapse either. And maybe you do learn something while doing so because you get explanations how it's possible to do what you've recorded without cheating. In this sense: Please, be 100% sure he's cheating before you post any videos or similar somewhere ;-)
    -SD-Delton I appreciate your explanation :-)

Sincerely

Edit: Just noticed so there are people in this forum with "Beta-Tester" tag...why do I not have one I was playing this game in Beta too haha, I must be looking like a newbird here :D
    ^
    Good post. Here's the few things you got wrong :p

Posting videos of suspicious people in here is not allowed regardless of how objective you approach it. Not sure if it was allowed if you removed all the names etc. but noone wants to put that much effort into it. What you can do is report those people here: https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse
    Adding a recording if it's super obvious won't hurt as well I guess.

The Beta-Tester tag is for people actively testing the closed beta, what you played back then was the open beta. If you want that tag and want to help improving the game you'll have to do a lot of good bug reports and you might get approached by them.
  • SG1][Teal'cSG1][Teal'c Posts: 76Player
    Oh okay :open_mouth:
    That's..kinda weird? But no problem ofc. Thx for telling me SSKnecabo.
    I guess I'm too old, used to old stuff :-)
    Ah ye closed beta, I see. Well it's not really important to have that tag, I was curious and it more was like a joke. And I hope there aren't that many bugs left (or upcoming) to report to have "a lot of good bug reports" ;-)
  • PapaBear=VX9=PapaBear=VX9= Posts: 2Player
    I played with a guy for several years who, when he was younger, spent a very large part of his day playing FPSes. Several of them. And at the end of the day, most of the skills are very transferable. I've seen him come into games, having only played them a few times, and get accused of running some sort of aimbot within the first 10 minutes. Fact is, some people are just _that_ good because they practice practice practice. They likely already know where all the good hiding spots are on the map. They likely already know where they can hear the best on the map. They likely already know more about playing the map than the person who built it. They know how to eek every advantage out of the game that they can. And their reflexes are very good, because, again, they practice practice practice. I'm not saying he wasn't cheating; just that I've seen legit people play like they _MUST_ have been running something to cheat.

If someone is smoking you and they make you rage, the best solution is to just go play elsewhere. It's just a game, after all. I play games to relax, not to raise the blood pressure.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    I played with a guy for several years who, when he was younger, spent a very large part of his day playing FPSes. Several of them. And at the end of the day, most of the skills are very transferable. I've seen him come into games, having only played them a few times, and get accused of running some sort of aimbot within the first 10 minutes. Fact is, some people are just _that_ good because they practice practice practice. They likely already know where all the good hiding spots are on the map. They likely already know where they can hear the best on the map. They likely already know more about playing the map than the person who built it. They know how to eek every advantage out of the game that they can. And their reflexes are very good, because, again, they practice practice practice. I'm not saying he wasn't cheating; just that I've seen legit people play like they _MUST_ have been running something to cheat.

If someone is smoking you and they make you rage, the best solution is to just go play elsewhere. It's just a game, after all. I play games to relax, not to raise the blood pressure.

QFT
    AAPG is good!