New Comp Format idea's

13»

Comments

  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

    Hes got to be talking about the shotgun necabo definitely has to be. Just mistaking the shotgun for a sniper its ok many people make the same assumption about the shotgun. Happy sniping.

    Don't misquote Mr KnowItAll or try to interject what you don't know but try so hard to convince otherwise.

    Good Competition should be that all teammates have the same weapon. NOT that they can pick and choose the one they spent a 1,000 hours trying to master. Then each succeeding round would be different weapons. So round 1 starts with the M4, then round 2 the M29, 3 M16, 4 EBR, etc. This way we will really know who the better team is.

    If you are going to have a Competition game and play it just like a normal game then it really isn't Competition.





    I have to disagree with this statement. In football you have players that play the same position all of the time because that is the position they are good at. Same in other sports as well. Would that not be competitive then? IMHO, from what you are saying, it looks like you want a handicap. To equal the playing field if you will. That would be like having a great kicker in football to play defensive end for a row of downs. It would be interesting but more funny/sad than competitive.

    If the leagues decide to go this route, then you mine as well hand out trophies to everyone for participation. Again, this is my opinion.

    I can relate to the football analogy but each of those players have specific roles and specific rules which is not the case for this game where players can follow the same rules and roles.

    That's not really true. There are specific "roles" for comp players based on their playstyle. There are defensive and agressive roles, entry fraggers, support players, cover players or whatever you wanna call them. Utilizing players and placing them on positions evolving around their playstyle is a fairly big step towards success and often underestimated. It's the same as in football, you don't want 5 allrounders if you can have 5 players with individual strengths that you can utilize.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    edited March 2016
    I don't want to escalate the whole divide crap.. been there done that too many times and cannot for the life of me grasp why in the heck people aint just learned to deal with it yet (even myself by the looks of it) :lol: and I'm sorry to be the bearer of true news, but everyone looks like they be trolling in a forum with 20 active posters :lol:

    Lets face it some of you guys discount peoples entire opinions on anything, no matter what it is, you fail to see that its discriminatory to not only one person.. but the majority of this games playerbase (pubbers) and people who have to read it. What's more.. you tend to do it to anyone with a conflicting opinion that don't play in a competitive team, so please, I implore you guys.. do the forum a favor and respect a bit of difference of opinion and keep the bad attitudes and one sided natures, to the game.
    You wonder why people don't want to play comp? or don't join teams, it's not because they suck (as you'd 100% place the blame on) its more likely because the people who represent comp teams on this forum and ingame can be real jerks at times, truth be told.

    If you don't agree with someone just say so.. you really don't gotta call people out for having an opinion. Posting here is becoming like a game of Russian Roulette, post if you dare, or posting infront of a firing squad.

    I ask one thing.. If IO_i_OI was himself in a comp team and posted with the very same opinion, I wonder would you hear him out? maybe even respect his view on the subject?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    You wonder why people don't want to play comp? or don't join teams, it's not because they suck (as you'd 100% place the blame on) its more likely because the people who represent comp teams on this forum and ingame can be real jerks at times, truth be told.

    It's why I stopped playing in the scene, acting as an admin for a league, lobbying for changes with the Devs, and streaming games. I got tired of the crap I was getting from members of the so-called comp 'community' that was absolutely unwilling to police its own behavior.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited March 2016
    I don't want to escalate the whole divide crap.. been there done that too many times and cannot for the life of me grasp why in the heck people aint just learned to deal with it yet (even myself by the looks of it) :lol: and I'm sorry to be the bearer of true news, but everyone looks like they be trolling in a forum with 20 active posters :lol:

    Lets face it some of you guys discount peoples entire opinions on anything, no matter what it is, you fail to see that its discriminatory to not only one person.. but the majority of this games playerbase (pubbers) and people who have to read it. What's more.. you tend to do it to anyone with a conflicting opinion that don't play in a competitive team, so please, I implore you guys.. do the forum a favor and respect a bit of difference of opinion and keep the bad attitudes and one sided natures, to the game.
    You wonder why people don't want to play comp? or don't join teams, it's not because they suck (as you'd 100% place the blame on) its more likely because the people who represent comp teams on this forum and ingame can be real jerks at times, truth be told.

    If you don't agree with someone just say so.. you really don't gotta call people out for having an opinion. Posting here is becoming like a game of Russian Roulette, post if you dare, or posting infront of a firing squad.

    I ask one thing.. If IO_i_OI was himself in a comp team and posted with the very same opinion, I wonder would you hear him out? maybe even respect his view on the subject?

    This is the competitive forum, do any of you play competitive?

    Whether IO_i_OI is on a comp team or not doesn't matter his opinion is wrong. Fact is I can tell hes never played competitively seriously just by what he say's in his posts. I can also tell you have never played a game at a serious level of competition with what you say uni-sol.

    IO_i_OI doesn't understand how to play a game from a competitive mindset but he feels the need to post his public opinion from not playing the game competitively. It would be like me telling the NFL they are playing football wrong. You need to switch every players positition every down!!! Otherwise you don't see who are the truly skilled football players! Never mind a playbook who needs to run plays in football just play!

    There is no divided community here, there is just players with different amounts of experience:
    There is people that know what they are talking about from experience.
    There is people that want the game to stay a certain way or change a certain way so they can be better at the game (these are your badE's)
    There is people that think they know what a game needs when they have not been able to even master the game themselves (Almost all of them sit @ kdr below 1 and talk about whether a weapon is op or not clearly they are not qualified to judge. Would be like me telling an athlete say an NBA player how to train for NBA season or me judging whether a book is written well or not when I don't read books and look at them that way.)
    Then there is people that think they know what they are talking about from just thinking about it in their heads and posting it. (They actually don't know if their suggestion will improve the game or not - it sounded good in their heads but they have no idea if it will work)



    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    edited March 2016
    Yeah well thanks for proving my whole post there. Furthermore, you know jack about me and quite frankly I'm glad of it.

    [quote]Then there is people that think they know what they are talking about from just thinking about it in their heads and posting it. [/quote]

    I might be wrong but I think 'every single person' here including yourself does this very thing.. no? :lol:

    I don't care to get personal or derail this thread, so I'll take my public opinion to somewhere thats not discriminatory :wink:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    I think its high time to order up some thicker skin if words from the internet effect people in such a way..
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    i9.revert- wrote: »
    I think its high time to order up some thicker skin if words from the internet effect people in such a way..

    ^^^ This right here is the problem -- the people defending trolling, abusive language, and more. It's victim-blaming and it's everything wrong with way too many people in the competitive community. Speaking from personal experience.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Revert, you're the problem. Obviously.....

    Can't be the league admin that kinda-of-sort-of-not-really knows what hes doing and it can't be the plethora of pub jones that know nothing about anything competition.

    Everyone is wrong... Also, I suck at the pistol.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited March 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    i9.revert- wrote: »
    I think its high time to order up some thicker skin if words from the internet effect people in such a way..

    ^^^ This right here is the problem -- the people defending trolling, abusive language, and more. It's victim-blaming and it's everything wrong with way too many people in the competitive community. Speaking from personal experience.

    ..... Did I just read that correctly?

    Just an FYI I was in no way defending trolling.. lol
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    edited March 2016
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »
    Revert, you're the problem. Obviously.....

    Can't be the league admin that kinda-of-sort-of-not-really knows what hes doing and it can't be the plethora of pub jones that know nothing about anything competition.

    Everyone is wrong... Also, I suck at the pistol.

    It's nothing to do with anyone being right or wrong about anything, or having (or needing) thick skin.. being experienced or pro at the game does not award anyone a free licence to make someone else feel they shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion in the eyes of anyone. Simple as that really.

    As I've said before, I could go join a clan probably right now, god knows I have had enough people ask me over the years.. start to play this game competitively, smack bang in line with your ideas of that word, ESL, Versus etc.. so then and only then I'm allowed to have a say in these kinds of discussions? I'm then magically qualified? some of you guys make me laugh, honestly.. your so far up your own rears you've lost sight of real rights and wrongs.

    Truthfully I see that as the problem, you guys just cant (or wont) see it, I guess you really must be just too good. You got people thinking they know other people personally when they really don't but mentally believe they do, like for real, then there are people presuming presumptuous presumptions left right and center and then go all out and use the only way to try and backup anything they say by pulling out the old 'pub' card, HA.. and we who play in such a way out of personal chioce are the inexperienced? really? :lol:

    Where I come from if you give respect, you get respect.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,102Player
    edited March 2016
    To be fair, not everyone is qualified to give their opinion on a topic. We have this democratic fallacy that everyone's opinion is equal. The internet with social media, comm boxes, and message boards tend to exacerbate that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it doesn't mean that they should necessarily share it with others. Some people's opinions are more well formed than others whether it be by education or experience. It would be like if I walked over to a bunch of scientists and started sharing my thoughts on some subject they were debating. They'd look at me like I was a moron. It'd be like a "move aside little boy and let the grown ups talk" kind of situation.

    That being said, it's also no reason why people should disrespect others. We're on a message board for a video game. No one knows for sure who the other person is. If someone's arguments are just plain stupid either ignore them or tell them in a respectful manner why their ideas cannot work. There's no reason to attack people. People tend to lack humility on the Internet (and in general). However, I tend to agree with what some are saying. If the competitive community wishes to grow it needs to act in a mature and humble manner. Acting elitist or attacking people is definitely not the way to do it. This game is too small to even consider acting in such a way.

    We're also talking about a video game. It's not some subject that has any real meaning on any of our lives.

    I personally try to stay out of most of the more in depth competitive discussions. I've played comp in the past and fairly extensively, but never at an invite/main level and I haven't even touched it in this particular iteration in AAPG. I'll talk about it and maybe share some ideas, but I also see no reason to push my opinions onto the competitive community. I have no right to do so.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    To be fair, not everyone is qualified to give their opinion on a topic. .

    this is something those two just dont understand, They want to get involved and post something like "M24 has no place in competition" .. then spend the rest of their time arguing that their opinions should matter

    meme-face-2.jpg
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    Yeah well, another person comes along highlighting one of the reasons I even bothered posting in this thread.. Everyones opinion matters, it matters to them or they wouldn't have one in the first place.

    I think it's pointless me saying anything else here.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    I still beleive that if you haven't played at the highest level of competition, you do not have the experience to know exactly what influence some changes might have.

    But many people like to have their opinion being said, just like in a football game, where everybody knows it better as the coach of the losing team.

    These people just do not think about all the possibilities of some small changes. even a small extra crack in some wall can make a huge difference in terms of gameplay, competitive wise.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,102Player
    Everyones opinion matters, it matters to them or they wouldn't have one in the first place.

    My opinion on certain topics matters a lot to me too. In the real world, certain opinions are valued highly and others are not even considered. If you were developing something, would weigh the opinions of experts on the same level as someone with little to no experience in the field?
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    Of course not.. but I dont feel that using that as an excuse to excuse downright ignorant behaviour towards others near covers the situation we have here. Even them football analogies people are throwing around, whilst 100% correct.. are missing what I've tried to say.

    Listen, I'm tired of this now and I know for a fact others reading this are too, so to end.. the devs have always asked for feedback from 'everyone' and anyone, in doing that they opened the door for all players to weigh in and have a say, including the player who installed the game 10 minutes ago, got shot up 3 times in a row whilst being called a camper by a guy with the very same attitude a lot of people who have posted in this thread also have.. who will now uninstal the game.. leave a nasty review on steam and thinks the game sucks.

    That for me, is worse for the game than someone disagreeing with someone elses post.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I think what's causing it is that it's the same people over and over again with the "not so well thought out" comments on comp related topics. Sure you can explain why suggestions/comments don't make sense over and over again and there have been constructive comments doing so but it's faster to just tell the person to stay out of that topic I guess. A lot of people in here also already have everyone labeled which is a fairly fast process with the activity we have. You see that name and halfway through the comment you are already annoyed, I'm sure most can relate. That being said it's of course always your choice on how to reply.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    This discussion is for a new COMP format though, not generic AA stuff... why would this even interest anyone that doesn't par take in comp? .. well it doesn't.. except though who feel they need to post in every [TOS Violation] topic.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I've got to side with doba on this one a bit. The reason I made a comp sub forums is so they could have these discussions with the people they actually involve. Naturally anyone is welcome to post anywhere so long as they follow the rules, but common sense should be used as well.

    That said, as long as everyone just treats everyone with respect, there wouldn't ever be an issue. If you see a comment you feel has no merit, skip it and keep going. By engaging in the sub debates in every thread it's just making the actual topic impossible to discuss.

    Someone posts their say, you say roger that and keep on going.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    I've got to side with doba on this one a bit. The reason I made a comp sub forums is so they could have these discussions with the people they actually involve. Naturally anyone is welcome to post anywhere so long as they follow the rules, but common sense should be used as well.

    That said, as long as everyone just treats everyone with respect, there wouldn't ever be an issue. If you see a comment you feel has no merit, skip it and keep going. By engaging in the sub debates in every thread it's just making the actual topic impossible to discuss.

    Someone posts their say, you say roger that and keep on going.

    Tots speaks truth.

Sign In or Register to comment.