The Bridge spam shot problem

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Blind fire 'spam' shots are called area suppression. A soldier doesn't want to go to that AREA because of what might happen.

The only issue is whether having it be possible AT THAT POINT in a map doesn't make sense. By itself, shooting blindly is done for a lot of reasons that are perfectly legit.

One of the criteria has to be.....Is it possible to avoid being killed?

If is isn't, then ya...that's a problem.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • (NoX).Robertu$(NoX).Robertu$ Posts: 13Player
    edited January 2016
    My clan is mostly only playing Bridge, I'm nearly only playing Bridge, and we don't really like the Spam Shoots between the Concrete Walls actually, also because it's much easier from Attack side. Because of this I wanted to create a modified version of the map, also with moved Concrete Walls so that that spam shoot isn't working anymore. But I got a little problem with the saving of the modified map.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4277/saving-a-modified-official-map-as-an-own-map

So if you have a useful hint for me pls post it to that threat.

The only effective hint to avoid getting spammed is not to run in the Spamline (so not right to the Concrete Walls, also if it is the shortest way), and to cross the Spam line as fast as you can (o_O).
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited January 2016
    My clan is mostly only playing Bridge, I'm nearly only playing Bridge, and we don't really like the Spam Shoots between the Concrete Walls actually, also because it's much easier from Attack side. Because of this I wanted to create a modified version of the map, also with moved Concrete Walls so that that spam shoot isn't working anymore. But I got a little problem with the saving of the modified map.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4277/saving-a-modified-official-map-as-an-own-map

So if you have a useful hint for me pls post it to that threat.

The only effective hint to avoid getting spammed is not to run in the Spamline (so not right to the Concrete Walls, also if it is the shortest way), and to cross the Spam line as fast as you can (o_O).

I think I spent most of my time in your server and pain`s server.
    Just wanted to say thanks randomly!
  • Pvt.Phushi wrote: »
    Bridge looks like its in the top 3 of most played FLOs. It has amazing background art and everything but has one serious problem -
    You can actually shoot a person from spawn to spawn! So sometimes, in the first 1-2 sec of a round, someone gets a kill.
    Second, you can go up and spam the NME pathways(things on the left and right side of the bridge) to get kills in the first 15 sec of the round.
    Its a well loved map by those who play it, but such shots are unacceptable and something must be done to stop it.

I just like it when people start crying about this.

Its not shooting someone from my spawn to theirs. in matter affect I dodge the spawn shot all the time if I'm on defence and I want to move to tower stairs at round start.
    Back in the days when we had 203 grenade launchers you would be naded when still standing at spawn.
    if the devs didn't intended the spam shot on bridge the would have closed the gap between the two concrete walls.
    So if you use your brain and don't walk to the left at start singing your mary go round song maybe your head doesn't get ripped off.

just learn the game!!

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    I concur. Too many people want game design changes based on their inability to learn.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Pvt.Phushi wrote: »
    Bridge looks like its in the top 3 of most played FLOs. It has amazing background art and everything but has one serious problem -
    You can actually shoot a person from spawn to spawn! So sometimes, in the first 1-2 sec of a round, someone gets a kill.
    Second, you can go up and spam the NME pathways(things on the left and right side of the bridge) to get kills in the first 15 sec of the round.
    Its a well loved map by those who play it, but such shots are unacceptable and something must be done to stop it.

I just like it when people start crying about this.

Its not shooting someone from my spawn to theirs. in matter affect I dodge the spawn shot all the time if I'm on defence and I want to move to tower stairs at round start.
    Back in the days when we had 203 grenade launchers you would be naded when still standing at spawn.
    if the devs didn't intended the spam shot on bridge the would have closed the gap between the two concrete walls.
    So if you use your brain and don't walk to the left at start singing your mary go round song maybe your head doesn't get ripped off.

just learn the game!!

Alright then!

How do I delete thread?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Heh :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • type delete treath in console or press ctrl+Alt+f4
  • Actually this can be fixed. by moving the outer concrete wall a singe to the left, or the inner one slightly to the right (or just slightly wider). It is from the weird diagonal between the 2 concrete walls that the shot comes from. You can see it on bridge night. I fell for that a couple of times, -{x.X.x}-Him.Self! is to blame! SPAMMER!! But once you learn it, you can manage to avoid it very consistently.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited January 2016
    Getting shot at spawn on a map that can take the whole round time.. its a pure win for player retention.

100% Would much prefer to be blown up by M320 on bridge, a pipe dream maybe, but can you imagine how many people might convert to bridge if they made a grenade launcher attachment exclusive to the bridge map? the death of inner?

darn.. pipe dreams :cry:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Pvt.Phushi wrote: »

You're welcome, happy you like it on our servers. The only problem I see with spamshots on Bridge is that it makes beginners leave the game way too early because they don't know what happened and how to avoid getting shot like that. Bridge is hard to learn and master because you are forced to work as a team within narrow bounds. No squads, no other paths, just one direction for 12 players to work through. Removing spamshots won't change the game experience for beginners much.

Btw, I'm not a fan of spamming either, I prefer to shoot what I can see. Sitting in the back shooting at a coordinated point over and over again seems silly and boring to me. Although I can see it's purpose to win.

You can snipe me from afar. You can shoot me in the back with a pistol. You can fire a whole SAW magazine into my chest. Heck, you can even choke me if you have to. Just don't nade me please. Youtube / Twitch
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I think the problem with Bridge is that it is basically the "Hot Gates" where few stood against many. Bridge is just a long funnel to guide the enemy into a killzone. Leonidas would be proud.

800x600.jpg
    googley avatar aapg

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited March 2016
    Pvt.Phushi wrote: »

You're welcome, happy you like it on our servers. The only problem I see with spamshots on Bridge is that it makes beginners leave the game way too early because they don't know what happened and how to avoid getting shot like that. Bridge is hard to learn and master because you are forced to work as a team within narrow bounds. No squads, no other paths, just one direction for 12 players to work through. Removing spamshots won't change the game experience for beginners much.

Btw, I'm not a fan of spamming either, I prefer to shoot what I can see. Sitting in the back shooting at a coordinated point over and over again seems silly and boring to me. Although I can see it's purpose to win.

Bridge is heavily defensive sided and needs the least teamwork out of any of the maps to win the match. I could see Assault needed the teamwork to win rounds but lets be honest if teams alpha and bravo have players of equal skill defense is going to win every time. Let also be honest reviving your sniper after he gets shot from making a mistake to kill the guy who just killed him is not teamwork.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• (NoX).FriendlyKiller(NoX).FriendlyKiller Posts: 7Player
    edited March 2016
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    Bridge is heavily defensive sided and needs the least teamwork out of any of the maps to win the match. I could see Assault needed the teamwork to win rounds but lets be honest if teams alpha and bravo have players of equal skill defense is going to win every time. Let also be honest reviving your sniper after he gets shot from making a mistake to kill the guy who just killed him is not teamwork.

I agree with you on almost everything. With the full release it got even harder to win on attack since the mist got denser for the attacker side. Defense side on bridge needs the least amount of teamwork in the whole game. Attack however requires immense effort and communication. As said in the previous post Bridge is one long funnel and a team is only effective when every player contributes something, obviously. Now, the hardest part is to make the team efficient, to make everyone do something useful in the smallest spaces available without obstructing his team mates. This needs both teamwork and experience. It is possible to play this map on attack properly so it doesn't end in a slaughter feast for the defender team.

I personally don't mind to be in the disadvantage of attack, I join alpha team almost exclusively. After all that's a great way to improve your skills. But it's true, this map hardly will ever be a competition map.
    You can snipe me from afar. You can shoot me in the back with a pistol. You can fire a whole SAW magazine into my chest. Heck, you can even choke me if you have to. Just don't nade me please. Youtube / Twitch
  • -{x.X.x}-Him.Self!-{x.X.x}-Him.Self! Posts: 23Player
    edited March 2016
    its not spamming. its suppressive sniper fire.
    if your dumb enough not to learn from previouse deaths you deserve being shot like that.

Its also not that I'm sitting there the whole round. its just the first 6 sec's of the round.

btw you don't need a sniper to do it. it just makes it easier.

spam is random fire without even having a known location. you just fire. for some reason
  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    Its called spam if u dont know if an enemy is there and u shoot, supressive fire is if u shoot at an enemy position so he wont go out of his cover when a friendly is moving to the next cover
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I never spam fire :trollface:
  • (NoX).FriendlyKiller(NoX).FriendlyKiller Posts: 7Player
    edited March 2016
    its not spamming. its suppressive sniper fire.
    NO

Its called spam if u dont know if an enemy is there and u shoot, supressive fire is if u shoot at an enemy position so he wont go out of his cover when a friendly is moving to the next cover
    YES

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    its still rather stupid to be caught by it over and over
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • -{x.X.x}-Him.Self!-{x.X.x}-Him.Self! Posts: 23Player
    its a know enemy location. its their spawn point. I know where they start and I shoot there. so that makes it suppressive. if i'm just shooting in smoke and I don't know if there is someone there. then its spam.