m24 accuracy cone

Comments

• -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    Ye gonna go now also on a server, play with m4 will do insane scores and explain then how uve to play it and how op it is rofl
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    its about how fast can u find a target and move on his body

What you are talking about is called hard-scoping and its the easiest way to use the weapon in all video games that have snipers.

Quick scoping on the other hand is clicking the zoom in button to gain the effects of shooting ADS but shooting before it gets a chance to come up.

what was suggested by the OP wouldn't be quick scoping by definition... its just allowing the player to shoot as soon as the target is acquired which for me doesn't take me till the scope is completely up. I realize this might be a difficult thing for people to understand, but just because others can acquire targets faster than you doesn't mean the sniper should be nerfed so you have a chance against them. That's basically what this is.

What is considered unfair needs to be decided objectively. For example, I think a better point the switch from cone to no-cone is when the edge of the scope reaches the middle of the players screen. This way there is clearly no way to quick-scope but a player could make a shot that they are aiming for without penalty if they properly acquire their target.

At any rate. The main problem is that if i reach the 98% mark on the animation and make my shot should i really be penalized? Thats a bit silly if you ask me. Other games certainly don't think so.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • (NoX).FriendlyKiller(NoX).FriendlyKiller Posts: 7Player
    edited March 2016

I agree :P Although it's pretty easy when you play on a beginner server where the enemy team doesn't know how to rush a good sniper. That's why I think that Bridge is the only map where it's reasonable to have more than just one sniper per team.

Regarding the quickscope issue: It's good that they made the M24 weaker since the release. It's still a powerful weapon in the right hands though.

373AD5C89BF8B37AECA9A19D1582A1C0FDDD6850
    You can snipe me from afar. You can shoot me in the back with a pistol. You can fire a whole SAW magazine into my chest. Heck, you can even choke me if you have to. Just don't nade me please. Youtube / Twitch
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »

What you are talking about is called hard-scoping and its the easiest way to use the weapon in all video games that have snipers.

Quick scoping on the other hand is clicking the zoom in button to gain the effects of shooting ADS but shooting before it gets a chance to come up.

what was suggested by the OP wouldn't be quick scoping by definition... its just allowing the player to shoot as soon as the target is acquired which for me doesn't take me till the scope is completely up. I realize this might be a difficult thing for people to understand, but just because others can acquire targets faster than you doesn't mean the sniper should be nerfed so you have a chance against them. That's basically what this is.

What is considered unfair needs to be decided objectively. For example, I think a better point the switch from cone to no-cone is when the edge of the scope reaches the middle of the players screen. This way there is clearly no way to quick-scope but a player could make a shot that they are aiming for without penalty if they properly acquire their target.

At any rate. The main problem is that if i reach the 98% mark on the animation and make my shot should i really be penalized? Thats a bit silly if you ask me. Other games certainly don't think so.

preach bro.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    edited March 2016
    Here's a quick video comparing AAPG and Rainbow 6 Siege in slow motion (0.25 speed).

For me the main thing about the two is that in AAPG, the sight up animation comes in straight in front of you. As a result, you can see the sight kind of dead on to where it should be before you're fully scoped up. It's worth noting that the sight only gets to its full size once completely scoped up.

In Rainbow 6 Siege, the sight comes up from an angle rather than straight on. It makes it a bit easier to determine when scope up is completed. Although to be fair, even here you can easily aim slightly before you're fully scoped up as well.

I'm not sure if adopting something like this would be the best way of going about it, maybe some sort of combination, not sure.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    It really doesn't require that much work. Some people have an inability to understand that you could successfully acquire a target before your scope in animation reaches 100% . Your ability to acquire the target earlier is a testament to how skillful you are with the weapon. But we penalize skill in AAPG instead of doing things to make novice players better. It makes no sense.

You should be able to fire without penalty somewhere around the 80% mark in the animation. That number is arbitrary and off the top of my head. But it would prevent alleged quick scoping while still allowing people to be good at the weapon.

I'd love to hear arguments against that logic.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited March 2016
    I'd love to hear arguments against that logic.

I disagree, it will suck. Maybe we really don't understand :lol:

As an example, Could you be stable and skillful enough to fire accurately with only one leg of a bipod deployed? More to the point.. "I think" you should have to see your target in the sight at the very least and the scope be fully zoomed in.. before any shots taken are accurate, otherwise it's no different than firing partially unsighted, with any weapon.
    Maybe, MAYBE.. if they removed the outside of the scope from zooming in.. (other than using dual render) ala AA2 opting for a black outside.. then to have the ability to fire accurately before fully scoped 'might' then be somewhat justified.

The we have the good old saying "If it aint broke.." unless you feel it is broken?

Will that do? :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Easy kills with the M24. Why am I not surprised. Click... Kill... Repeat. You can't make it any easier.

Remember to aim too.

LOL. I don't have to, The enemy just walks through my crosshairs. :p
    googley avatar aapg

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We're happy with where it's at.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    "Acquire" does not mean "See." Aiming a firearm is about alignment of the bore axis onto target, not about whether you can SEE the target in the scope.

In order to put an effective shot onto target, various sighting errors must be accounted for.

Stop making up fantasy guns that magically work they way you wish they did. That's pretty random.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I can only say what makes logical sense for a video game. Other very large franchise games disagree with you Keebler.. but hey... you're smarter than them I guess.

Also, allowing the user to shoot without penalty after around 80% of the animation wouldn't make the gun any more imaginary than it already is.

A game shouldn't discourage skillful play. People should have to rise to the abilities of others. I was never thrown any bones. I learned to be as good as I am from grinding and practicing. Something that the old forget and the young aren't taught anymore.

Thats all i'll say about it.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Quick reaction shots are primarily a CQB phenomenon. The gun is intended to be weak at CQB (have disadvantages). Waiting under half a second to scope up and have an accurate shot is a very small penalty for a weapon that one-shots at any range.
    How is it arrogant to be factual?

Anyone who thinks a gun works accurately just because you can "see" a target is playing a game with talking rabbits and teacups.

...and then they put ME down.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    Quick reaction shots are primarily a CQB phenomenon. The gun is intended to be weak at CQB (have disadvantages). Waiting under half a second to scope up and have an accurate shot is a very small penalty for a weapon that one-shots at any range.

It already has its disadvantages. Why are the devs making up these [TOS Violation] rules for how certain weapons are allowed to use instead of leaving it to the players ability? Devs have been far too active in this game when it comes to deciding how we play the game. Thats not how you do it, they're supposed to give us the tools and we figure out how to use them in the most efficient way. Now, if the players come up with something that is completely broken and takes 0 skill to execute, something needs to change. You dont remove the option for it, but you make it less effective. So far, devs have been adamant in their decision making of that makes ZERO sense when you ask them about the reasoning behind it effectively turning the game into glorified garbage.

All EkComm asked for was to let his own playerskills to overcome the hardships for quickscoping, But it's hard coded into the game to make sure people don't do it.
    When non-ADS, you aren't aiming. When you pull up the sights, you need to take the necessary time to align the weapon and sights before you shoot. It's straightforward.

"Skill" isn't about finding and exploiting little loopholes in the code, and the Devs have every right to design a game that requires you to out-think your opponent instead of out-macro-ing him.

I've often considered going out and designing my own game if I don't like this one.
    ______

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited March 2016
    Devs have been far too active in this game when it comes to deciding how we play the game. Thats not how you do it, they're supposed to give us the tools and we figure out how to use them in the most efficient way.

Well to be fair, it is their toy, one that they made from the ground up.. we just get to play with it :lol:

Always makes me laugh when someone calls out the devs for anything, like they owe us something. I think they give us a pretty good deal, how about you look at the whole situation from a neutral perch, instead of that pedestal some people like to put themselves on? You might just (with a little luck) find a slither of new found appreciation for the devs and what we do have.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    edited March 2016
    The game is dying because of people always crying, complaining about it. "Change this and that". These complains are destroying in a way the dev plans. Now theres few active servers, most of them inner, and theres no competition. I understand we want the best for the game, and it has not enough advertisement especially when theres new games coming out and being succesful.
    I, myself unistalled the game yesterday**. Planning to make a break of aapg for a couple of weeks. Maybe it's a way to grab extra motivation next time I touch it. However I'm one of those who played lot of hours in this version and its probably a sign how game is dying. I just hope the best for the game, but always complaining won't get us anywhere.
    Also Uni-Sol has a point. Devs most of the times are trying to deliver what we ask, once again thats why I think we destroying the game!

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    So far, devs have been adamant in their decision making of that makes ZERO sense when you ask them about the reasoning behind it effectively turning the game into glorified garbage.
    lol?

Heaven forbid the Devs engineer short-range weaknesses into a long-range, one-hit-kill weapon. Yes, they provide the tools. That doesn't mean screwdrivers get to be effective hammers, too.

As for this quoted sentence -- giving weapons pros and cons makes a game garbage? It's ... bad that the devs are adamant about decision-making because you disagree? You're not really making much sense here (zero, perhaps?).
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    "Skill" isn't about finding and exploiting little loopholes in the code, and the Devs have every right to design a game that requires you to out-think your opponent instead of out-macro-ing him.

lmao do you even know what an exploit or macro is? This comment above suggests you do not...

Keebler750 wrote: »

lmao do you even know what an exploit or macro is? This comment above suggests you do not...
    The beta M24 could be hipfired with no accuracy penalty with a very simple key rebind or with a macro. It was exploiting unintended behavior with a macro and the M24 changes the Devs made addressed that. He knows more about this than you're giving credit for.