Footstep Issues

2»

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    I agree. When your doing something loud like firing your weapon off, you shouldnt be able to hear footsteps clearly as you would when your not firing.. no disputing from me on that one :)

However I have a feeling this feature has more far reaching effects and likely does effect more than just weapon fire.. remember when Colts posted a video of him arming a bomb, and that it nulled his footsteps volume for a few seconds as he ran away from it? looked as if his ears were affected by the plant sound in a similar if not the same effect we see here from firing the weapon. Should that plant sound have that effect on the audio? yes maybe at the initial plant (upon the bleep) but not after surely?

What I'm saying is certain sounds tailing in and out can be cool no doubt and I do like the effect.. but what about the negatives that can make things seem unnatural and bizzare when it occurs?
    It was less than one second.
    The difference between less than one second and a few (2-3?) seconds is huge.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,152Player
    edited February 2016
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »
    Whip, I dont understand what your video is showing. If you were playing music and shooting lowered the music volume then its like a SVM effect. It wouldn't be in the game. Unless we think there is some feature of the sound engine that is applying some type of SVM effect in game?

Unfortunately, Shadowplay didn't record it right with music. My video was focusing on the buzzing sound. I shoot, and you hear the buzz fade for a few seconds before coming back.

I'd be a bit interested to see whether shooting sounds from other people affects it and if yes, how much distance it requires before the effect no longer impacts your hearing.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    Sooo..

1215o55.jpg

Meh. Gunshots are loud, don't expect to shoot and hear perfectly at the same time. It's a good feature.

Nobody is its the fact when no shooting is go on those footsteps are not always a normal volume or giving sound. As well as many other sounds.

I can do a test to see if its SVM but I know its not.
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    It was less than one second.
    The difference between less than one second and a few (2-3?) seconds is huge.

What don't you get that this is a problem the C4 was the example proving sounds are canceling out other sounds even after they are done - "a delay". There is way more sounds in the game doing this. This is a problem. It's also around 2 seconds. Now you take all the sounds in the game that have potential to do this and you get this effect. This is why it is sometimes harder to hear people in 12v12 and why I have no problems in scrims or matches and rarely have a problem in a 6v6 pub.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    Now I've just tested C4 in Intercept, sorry, but I see (hear) no issues.
    That's true I sometimes don't hear an enemy behind me, the reason for that I don't know.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    Now I've just tested C4 in Intercept, sorry, but I see (hear) no issues.
    That's true I sometimes don't hear an enemy behind me, the reason for that I don't know.

Lovely video of you having no issues.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    This is why it is sometimes harder to hear people in 12v12 and why I have no problems in scrims or matches and rarely have a problem in a 6v6 pub.

Because I assume it's a problem to do with the number of concurrent sounds.
    There is a limit to how many sounds can be going on at once, and a priority system slightly based on the db of each sound occurring.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......