UMM maps issue?

[aWb]RAL^US[aWb]RAL^US Posts: 10Player
edited January 2016 in Server Support
Hey guys,

Loaded some UMM maps (AA2 ones) to the server. they seem to run just fine, but some of them send you to the AA menu when loading.

After that you search for the server again and it is there empty on the map you switched to.

Not sure if the above is clear lol... but is annoying, only happens with the UMM's.

Any suggestions? Any map developers on? ;)

Comments

• =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 172Player
    Likely because the server is compiling shaders for the maps, it will do this the first time you rotate to the map after restart. Give it a few seconds (depending on processor power) and reconnect.
  • [aWb]RAL^US[aWb]RAL^US Posts: 10Player
    Thanks.
    it will do this the first time you rotate to the map after restart.

-After restart of server that is...
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 172Player
    hi all
    i need a bit help. i did search the forum but without success.
    i can not load user made maps - the folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\CookedPC) where they are is almost empty. only the metadata files are there. when i start a server with this command, it will crash:

start /MIN "[SWISS]AAPG_ClanServer 10" AAGame.exe server FLO_InterdictionAI$76561198001698073_ex /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=xxxxxx /AuthServerPassword=xxxx /AuthServerIP=92.105.10.38 /STEAMSERVERIP=192.168.1.61 MULTIHOME=192.168.1.61 /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR /CONFIGSUBDIR=AAHostAServerConfig9 /SAP=7771 /SGSP=7769 /SQP=27019 /INST=10

any help?
    thanks
  • Gindungo_ANGGindungo_ANG Posts: 70Player
    Now the user made maps are here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\203290
    edited February 2016
    It is crashing because of your command line. Use a stock map as the startup map. You dont have to have it in rotation, just start the server with it and rotate to your umm.
    edited February 2016
    You can use a umm as a startup map via command line, but you have to put the .umap file for it in the cookedpc\usermademaps file. DOING THIS WILL PREVENT THAT MAP FROM BEING UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY.
    thanks a lot for the help !
    My pleasure, let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue.
    thank you very much, it is working by starting a stock map without having it in rotation selection. i did startup with command line, then i connected to the server and did change the map to umm.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    thank you very much, it is working by starting a stock map without having it in rotation selection. i did startup with command line, then i connected to the server and did change the map to umm.

I do the same, it is the safest way to use UMMs