Downed Teammate Nameplates

If a teammate is down i should not see his nameplate when i zoom in. Its pretty obnoxious.
2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    I think there is something in the settings called 'vanishing nameplates'. I don't use it, so I don't know how it exactly works, but it might be good for you.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    It will be gone after 40 seconds.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »
    If a teammate is down i should not see his nameplate when i zoom in. Its pretty obnoxious.

I feel ya bigtime on this one.

That Vanishing nameplates thing, last time I tried it anyway it seemed broken to me.. most of the time I'd simply get no nameplates coming up at all.. zoomed or not, dead or alive.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Ahh PRO's should play No HUD... to MIN.... come on... challenge yourself.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I think there is something in the settings called 'vanishing nameplates'. I don't use it, so I don't know how it exactly works, but it might be good for you.

Last time I used that it only showed name plates when you were directly on someone. Not a solid solution by any means.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »

+1
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    I agree, this can be a bit annoying at times. It can really block your line of sight.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Funny thing this was done a while ago perfectly in Beta.. then it was changed for god knows what reason.. last time I asked about it I got the same response as the vanishing nameplates.. not a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I use the vanishing nameplates option. Sometimes you may FF a guy if they're in a weird position or if fog makes them a bit obscure, but it's much nicer not seeing nameplates once I scope up.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Yes this was never a problem before release Doba.

Why must we break good things??

I'll try the vanishing nameplates and see for myself if it fixes my situation.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I think it should be a simple option in settings. If you wanna see it or not. It certainly blocks a big area of vision
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    i have vanishing nameplates on. it only vanishes when you scope up and someone is in your scope. so a downed enemy that i am scoped up on his nameplate goes away but i can still see others.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I have a better fix guys, turn off revives.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I have a better fix guys, turn off revives.

mah man!
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    I agree that the nameplates are far too intrusive. Even when you're not scoped in. Nothing like standing there and seeing a cloud of nameplates.
    Steam: usdod14
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I've definitely had multiple times where I've scoped up, saw a guy just sitting there, but ignored him since I saw a nameplate over his head. Suddenly, the guy kills me. I then realized that the nameplate was a downed teammate.

I still would prefer everything to be like AA2. Nameplates only show when you point at a teammate (or at very least crosshair is within a certain distance) and enemies are more differentiated (although they're much moreso now than they were when the game first came out). Other than that, no nameplates, no nonsense. We already have too much nonsense on the HUD as it is. Maybe it's also because I've played so many old school shooters where there were no radars, no nameplates, no floating objectives indicators. You just figured out the map on your own, used your brain to figure out friend or foe, and dealt with the rest.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!