Join us @9pm for the iNv Podcast #4

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited February 2016
    Something as innocent as making a change to something in the ingame setting goes right ahead and changes your various configuration (ini files), your just sparing yourself the bother of going to the file itself and changing any values. So going to the ini file offers a person more customization options than the games UI displays.

Touchy subject this ini stuff, always has been.. I personally play vanilla, make any changes to ingame settings and don't bother tweaking any configs. I am generally of the opinion that whatever settings are put ingame by the developers will/should be enough (if my PC meets the reqs to run the game of course) to allow me to enjoy the game. Admittedly, if there was a known change/setting in any of the configs that got rid of the slight stutter that has plagued me since beta.. I'd be all over it like a dog on a bone :lol:

So, whens the next Scrub Podcast?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited February 2016
    Stupid dupe quote fail again! arggghhhhh these forums :angry:

Sorry.

• SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited February 2016
    I don't use any tweaks since my pc can handle the game at stable 150 fps and I don't see nothing strange if someone wants to play with my same fps, but has a worse pc than me.

EDIT: better if I remove that, but one question, are you in the same team as celi77? it's the same fox clan?
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 92Player
    same clan but i speak for myself
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    So...is it fair for someone with too much money to have a better computer?

Where do you draw the line?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    We should all play within the designed BOX and it's settings, period. There is no i in team, but 2 in ini which is a selfish way to play with others.

Do not support the people who change game files always looking for an edge on others, they will never stop once they start.

Install, settings, play ARMY!! simple. The weak, tweak.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    There is no i in team, but 2 in ini which is a selfish way to play with others.

That's it folks. Pack it up. No one is going to top that one.

Bam wins.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I personally play vanilla as well, but a Dev in this very thread said they don't care because anything that can actually be exploited to gain an advantage is locked down.

If ini editing was an issue, the devs could easily implement checks to make sure the ini files aren't altered outside of what's possible in game. That's obviously but the case.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited February 2016
    FunPolice wrote: »
    There is no i in team, but 2 in ini which is a selfish way to play with others.

That's it folks. Pack it up. No one is going to top that one.

Bam wins.

:+1: excellent, so putting this soapbox away, finally. :blush:

********Bam4D********

Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I personally play vanilla as well, but a Dev in this very thread said they don't care because anything that can actually be exploited to gain an advantage is locked down.

If ini editing was an issue, the devs could easily implement checks to make sure the ini files aren't altered outside of what's possible in game. That's obviously but the case.

I agree, the rest of us are all ARMCHAIR devyz thinking we know best. :hushed:

********Bam4D********

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Personally play without ini tweaks and was warned about others doing it several times when I was joining competition. Anyway, have never felt in a disadvantage and blamed it on others ini tuning. Whenever it's brought up it sounds like an excuse and there is so much misinformation about it as well.

What I don't like is people buying mices that comes with pre-installed macros and then argue how it's perfectly fine to use because it's hardware. Should think about that for a while.
    Don't you own one? o.0

********Bam4D********

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Don't you own one? o.0

There's a particular brand of mice that have macros to fake their own movement. This has very cheese-eater implications. Most other gaming mice don't have that 'feature'. Just as with ini edits, not all macros are created equal.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Don't you own one? o.0

No, I can probably program macros somewhere in the software but never felt the need to do so. I can unlock my mouse wheel and that's a thing not even limited to gaming mice, it's meant as a feature to scroll through long websites or documents faster.

As Saccho already mentioned there is a brand (or probably even more that I don't know of) that come with pre-installed macros allowing you things I should probably not mention here. If you're interested I can provide you that information via PM (including a fool I caught using it).
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Don't you own one? o.0

No, I can probably program macros somewhere in the software but never felt the need to do so. I can unlock my mouse wheel and that's a thing not even limited to gaming mice, it's meant as a feature to scroll through long websites or documents faster.

As Saccho already mentioned there is a brand (or probably even more that I don't know of) that come with pre-installed macros allowing you things I should probably not mention here. If you're interested I can provide you that information via PM (including a fool I caught using it).

Actually its been mentioned on the forums before with a name. And some clans have promoted that mouse among their members, which should be reason enough to exclude them from any competition out there.

As for the ini tweaks. I play vanilla in the current version but used to change smoothed framerate option in open beta, as the cap was limited to 90fps from the in-game settings. It all depends what you can do with it. I see that certain tricks are kept a secret for while until it gets reported as exploits to Devs. And there are examples of comp teams as individual pub players using such exploits to gain advantage.

Best solution would be to have a locked ini coupled with extensive in-game settings menu, so ppl with low end hardware can produce acceptable frame-rates.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Wonder if a locked ini file would prevent any use of scripts .. locked would mean can't write to so just maybe.. that would be great

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I would make the most sense if there were just more in game video options... Even if you need to make an advanced tab so new people don't get as confused.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    I'll be cool with that, only if they give the opportunity to remove the loading videos from the settings :smile:
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    I'll be cool with that, only if they give the opportunity to remove the loading videos from the settings :smile:

I'd be happy if they just changed them up once in a while, they dont half start to get old, I've seen some of those loading videos more often than Inner Hospital :lol:

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    Locked with extensive settings sounds good to me.

And, yes, the loading videos do get old...Though I have music turned off, hence they're silent. :D