Join us @9pm for the iNv Podcast #4

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    See no real input that Tots could offer lel ..might as well have Bam come on too :open_mouth:

IDK, he's a Dev. Has to have something to say.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited February 2016
    The only time Id like to see Tots come onto a podcast is to announce the addition of Comp Mode woot !!

you can do it Tots.. be that hero

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    I enjoyed the equipment and settings segments (mouse and graphics). I always like to hear how and why others set ups are like they are.
  • =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    A comment on .inis: I don't know why some would care if their .inis are veiwed publicly. If you aren't using it for an unfair advantage and only for performance, where is the problem? Don't you want an even playing field? Surely you would want to know that you are truly better than than your opponent.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Would like to bring a different view of INI and Gameplay to the video... may get heated, but the ratings would SOAR!! may even go viral.

Would defiantly have to be live, no editing.. a true debate and no discussions about my beauty. :love:

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

66906426.jpg
  • Sorry I can't join you guys, the time of the podcast is too late for my Time Zone.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    Would defiantly have to be live, no editing.. a true debate and no discussions about my beauty. :love:

Our podcasts are all done live, and are then uploaded to YouTube without editing. If you can't catch it live, the link can always be found on our website.

Rokis plays with his ini to get max fps, I leave mine default and run the game at medium settings because I like some detail in my gameplay. It's all about personal preference. We found a potential sound exploit about a week ago and reported it to the devs. We discuss these things to bring light to important issues.

We do these podcasts because despite the occasional complaints, we like this game and want it to succeed. I appreciate the great feedback from you guys. We definitely intend to include updates and perhaps footage from our training with the open team, and we have some surprises in store for everyone.

The new two week format gives us enough time to adequately prepare for matches, and more time to bring out quality podcasts for you all.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    So that is a NO... got it. ;)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 92Player
    Tweaking ini should be seen by dev as a cheat and those accounts should be therefore banned! Admiting on the forum equals ban and should be seen as that. Unless the dev makes a readme for the new players what to change in the firts place!!! Learn to play! Theres no option in the game in the settings to go and change ini... And more ppl are complaining about these individuals recently..
    If someone is tweaking their ini to just get better FPS, I don't see the big deal.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Similarly, changing the in-game chat color is only possible through INI and that's just to better read what people are saying. There are a lot of changes that aren't malicious. Trust the developers to choose well what we are and aren't allowed to do through them :)
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Tweaking ini should be seen by dev as a cheat and those accounts should be therefore banned! Admiting on the forum equals ban and should be seen as that. Unless the dev makes a readme for the new players what to change in the firts place!!! Learn to play! Theres no option in the game in the settings to go and change ini... And more ppl are complaining about these individuals recently..

There's no problem with tweaking your ini for performance. From time to time people find ways to get an unfair advantage from the ini, but we quickly patch any of those holes as they come up.

Our Official stance on ini's is tweak away, and if you find something that gives an unfair play advantage, report it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    I've changed my teammates name from yellow to green, I should be banned.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
    Well tweaking ini for performance gives you the unfair adventage over those who dont know how to tweak ini and this is the official stance of the dev hats off
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Many people have gladly posted their ini changes in the past to try to help everyone get better performance. I'd bet rokis or others would gladly do so again on request.

For many users, in-game settings changes will offer more than enough customization to get above steady 60fps. At that point, further tweaks would just be losing graphics quality for no real benefit.

But seriously, there are lots of people here that know a lot about squeezing an extra few % out of the engine and are more than happy to share knowledge.
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    Well tweaking ini for performance gives you the unfair adventage over those who dont know how to tweak ini and this is the official stance of the dev hats off

So if you have a low performance PC and tweak the ini's get better FPS you should be banned?
    Will never happen.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
    pointless disuction You are just litening to the us kids and have no clue on the fair gameplay whatoever
    non of the top eu player would ever agree to your official stance You are ruining the game...
    edited February 2016
    How does tweaking an ini to get more fps provide an unfair advantage? May as well say that having the best hardware gives an unfair advantage. Someone with the best hardware doesn't need to tweak their ini files to get great fps. Why should someone who doesn't have great hardware be forced to play the game with less than ideal fps when the other guy can benefit from having higher fps? How is that a fair playing field? Guy who spends the most on his computer wins, I guess.
    having the best hardware and tweaking the ini for fps close the gap u think???