How to increase fps by editing ini

aqii.2piceaqii.2pice Posts: 51Player
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
In the beta i knew you could edit your ini files to get better fps, I would like to know if thats still possible and what files/settings your supposed to edit and if your supposed to make it read only!

Comments

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    IN game I just put in FPS in settings and turn Frame smoothing on..

Folders are for Coders.. no touchy.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• In game settings are really good. Yes sometimes there are some hidden settings, but most of them are not really worthy to bother with.
    What is your average FPS count anyway?
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    set your max fps higher then 90 in game, and lower settings in game ;)
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    Google, tweak UE3 games.
    Files you look for are stored in "C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config"

Using the ingame settings will get you far tho.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    IN game I just put in FPS in settings and turn Frame smoothing on..

Folders are for Coders.. no touchy.

Geez. You can do several things by modifying the .ini. You can even toggle off the army videos in the .ini .
    Derob6.jpg
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,154Player
    edited February 2016
    I just put frameratesmoothing as on and then set max FPS to 200. Sometimes I hit 200, but not for terribly long. I try to get above 144, but it's not too easy.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    DynamicLights=False
    Bloom=False

That should increase your fps quite a bit.
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    Don't listen to most of these people, just set your framesmoothing to the highest framerate you can keep consistently. So really, put it at your lowest. If you ever dip below 40, have it at 40. if it never goes below 60, set it to 60. You dont want to have a sometimes high FPS, you want a consistent FPS. If it fluctuates it's bad and you need to go lower.

If you're now having issues keeping even 30 FPS at all times, lower your resolution you play with.

Dynamic lights should be off, goes without saying.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,154Player
    You want to get to a point where your FPS is at or above your monitor's refresh rate. If you have a standard 60 hz monitor than you need to maintain at least 60. If you have a 144 hz, you need at least 144.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    You want to get to a point where your FPS is at or above your monitor's refresh rate. If you have a standard 60 hz monitor than you need to maintain at least 60. If you have a 144 hz, you need at least 144.

Getting to the refresh rate of your monitor and staying there at all times isn't feasible for everyone, so if you can't stay there dont tell your computer to push it there. Sure it's nice being at 60 but it's better to be at 50 or even 30 if you frequently dip down to that.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

Getting to the refresh rate of your monitor and staying there at all times isn't feasible for everyone, so if you can't stay there dont tell your computer to push it there. Sure it's nice being at 60 but it's better to be at 50 or even 30 if you frequently dip down to that.

Are you actually saying that playing with 30-60 fps is acceptable and you would have an enjoyable gaming experience? lol
  • ^]-[ammer_T!me!^]-[ammer_T!me! Posts: 91Player
    DynamicLights=False
    Bloom=False

That should increase your fps quite a bit.

I cannot seem to find those two lines in AAEngine.ini. I haven't messed around the ini after I upgraded my PC(no need, everything runs good now), could these two have been removed since the last patch?

i5 4690K/970GTX/16GB/XL2411/Win10

aastats.com
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,574Player
    edited February 2016
    I found them in AASystemSettings
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    I cannot seem to find those two lines in AAEngine.ini. I haven't messed around the ini after I upgraded my PC(no need, everything runs good now), could these two have been removed since the last patch?
    I think those were moved to AASystemSettings.ini with a bunch of other things.

i9.revert- wrote: »
    Are you actually saying that playing with 30-60 fps is acceptable and you would have an enjoyable gaming experience? lol
    with the risk of putting words in someone else mouth, hes saying that its better with a stable 40 fps than a erratic 40-60 fps, and i tend to agree.

ss_4_frankof.png
    Thanks guys, yep I have found them in that other file. Dunno if it will make any difference to my fps tho, I have a 144Hz monitor with GTX 960 card, cannot quite get 144fps on my system. Will try it out, just a bit weary of getting kicked by some ini check scripts on private servers.

aastats.com
    "^ wrote:
    -[ammer_T!me!;33927"]Thanks guys, yep I have found them in that other file. Dunno if it will make any difference to my fps tho, I have a 144Hz monitor with GTX 960 card, cannot quite get 144fps on my system. Will try it out, just a bit weary of getting kicked by some ini check scripts on private servers.
    At least dynamic light is a ingame setting, not sure about bloom tho, but if someone is checking for it, i wouldn't bother with playing there anyway.

ss_4_frankof.png
    frankof wrote: »
    "^ wrote:
    -[ammer_T!me!;33927"]Thanks guys, yep I have found them in that other file. Dunno if it will make any difference to my fps tho, I have a 144Hz monitor with GTX 960 card, cannot quite get 144fps on my system. Will try it out, just a bit weary of getting kicked by some ini check scripts on private servers.
    At least dynamic light is a ingame setting, not sure about bloom tho, but if someone is checking for it, i wouldn't bother with playing there anyway.

Yep you are quite correct frankof :).

aastats.com
  • Master_Ghost_KnightMaster_Ghost_Knight Posts: 20Player
    edited February 2016
    "^ wrote:

There is nothing wrong with changing the .ini files. Everyone does it. If changing something so easy was considered cheating, they would not add those options to the .ini file to begin with. If any server would ban you for that you would not be at a loss, because the sort of people that frequent it are probably stupid.