Bringing in Female Characters.

Just suggesting the fact that they should bring in some female characters for those players who are actually girls. There aren't just Males in the army and well the game seems to cater for people of all ethnicity, so why not females too? Yes I am a female, but I'm not a feminist either.. I just think it'd be nice to have more variety. It's just an idea so please no hate..

Also just think if it was the other way around and it was set to a default of females... would you think of adding in male characters?

Comments

• -PillowPantz--PillowPantz- Posts: 18Beta Tester
    :o
  • preC.MuFFy-preC.MuFFy- Posts: 4Player
    Id play as a girl ^_^
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    :+1: don't think ladies go into intense combat.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    Now that the army has opened up even the roles portrayed in the game its a legit request.
    How do you suggest the game should implement the player model?
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Now that the army has opened up even the roles portrayed in the game its a legit request.
    How do you suggest the game should implement the player model?
    There are no women actually in those roles, though.
  • =R*C=RasGhuL=R*C=RasGhuL Posts: 5Player
    edited February 2016
    Its a great idea and female characters should be implemented in all roles. As of January 2016 all military roles including infantry combat and special forces roles have been opened up to qualified female US soldiers.

Defense Secretary Ash Carter's announcement in December 2015;

edition.cnn.com/2015/12/03/politics/u-s-military-women-combat-positions/

There are many awesome female AA players who have been already playing the game for years and also part of Clans who can mix it with the best players. It would also encourage more females and males to play the game.

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited February 2016
    Its a great idea and female characters should be implemented in all roles. As of January 2016 all military roles including infantry combat and special forces roles have been opened up to qualified female US soldiers.

Defense Secretary Ash Carter's announcement in December 2015;

edition.cnn.com/2015/12/03/politics/u-s-military-women-combat-positions/

There are many awesome female AA players who have been already playing the game for years and also part of Clans who can mix it with the best players. It would also encourage more females and males to play the game.

Yea, nicely put.
    Welcome to the forums!
  • wojhdfijbwwojhdfijbw Posts: 15Player
    tfw every male is going to play as a female and every female is going to play as a male.
    ss_LoveBot_4.png
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,154Player
    edited February 2016
    I'm personally not a fan of it. Either way, from a game perspective, if the only difference is the head model, then it shouldn't matter much. However, how many women want to play as a big dude looking girl.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Sure, but the body model would have to stay the same for hitbox size reasons. Otherwise everyone would choose a female model. I for one don't mind one bit, I can name some female players that would give many players here a lot of trouble.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Creating new character models takes a LONG time. Combat roles only recently opened up for women, so it's only recently been a relevant thing.

There are of course the concerns of balance with hitbox size, new animations, new voice work, etc etc etc. It's not at all a quick process, unless we just slap some female faces on the existing models.

Just a reminder to keep this discussion game based, we're not getting into gender politics here.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Here are my 2 cents on this, I don't care either way, go for it if it makes you happy. I can not see my character, the enemy sees my character as a generic dude with a ski mask, and I don't really care that much what the other players on my team look like, I don't look at their faces unless I intend to shot them.
    Yes there aren't that many women in combat roles IRL, but then again this isn't real life.
    This is a game after all, and it is supposed to fun, if it was real it would suck and you wouldn't want to play it.
    So yeah, go nuts.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    I think it would be fine to just put female faces on the existing model.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I'm all for extra content :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 172Beta Tester
    edited February 2016
    I don't care if you make them purple people eaters, as long as my shots land as expected.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    It would be cool to see, definitely, but only as long as they can implement it without giving one or the other an advantage/disadvantage.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Quick fix? Maybe just remove one of the already established solider characters and use a female face - everything else stays the same. Great idea!