4-5s Fuse Nade

Comments

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Its hard to draw a line in the sand here. But the "lets get it as close to real as possible" path has already been tried before. I'm not trying to put vinegar and baking soda on this but I don't feel like going down that path again. By learning from the past we should know that we need to err on the side of LESS realism in exchange for MORE certainty.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 102Player
    It's really not a competitive change

It actually is... Cooking grenades should not be in any competitive match. There no way you can say that cooking grenades is better its just laughable.
    you're really the only advocate for this change.

There's a few that have agreed it would be better. I don't expect it to be a popular choice in a community so inbred over AA2.

I wish you would stop spearheading this change. I actually find it laughable that you think not being able to cook a grenade fits better in a competitive match. I believe that it takes more skill to precisely cook a grenade than it does to toss an uncooked one. I am so tired of seeing one person be the only one supporting uncooked grenades. We need someone with some authority to nip this nonsense of an idea, so we can move on from it.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player
    It's really not a competitive change

It actually is... Cooking grenades should not be in any competitive match. There no way you can say that cooking grenades is better its just laughable.
    you're really the only advocate for this change.

There's a few that have agreed it would be better. I don't expect it to be a popular choice in a community so inbred over AA2.

I wish you would stop spearheading this change. I actually find it laughable that you think not being able to cook a grenade fits better in a competitive match. I believe that it takes more skill to precisely cook a grenade than it does to toss an uncooked one. I am so tired of seeing one person be the only one supporting uncooked grenades. We need someone with some authority to nip this nonsense of an idea, so we can move on from it.

Don't matter if you allow the cooking of them or not, they still gonna taste like crap.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited May 2015
    Sounds good to me BC! Why can't we all discuss like this? :p (Bah, the post order got messed while I was typing...)

After all that though, we're still left with some of the glaring imbalances and HUGELY divergent opinions here. I hope we get past it and on to great gaming! :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =R*C=raVe=R*C=raVe Posts: 8Player
    I like to cook!
    I like the throw range currently in game.
    I think the kill range is ok.

I think only having ONE grenade is a good thing. Make sure it is used well, no second chances.

But what if we can pick up grenades from fallen soldiers :smile: flashes, smokes and grenades mmm could be interesting. And knives, one in each hand....

Basically I say leave it how it is.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Hyper -- while I don't expect it to happen, I agree with Bada that no-cook grenades with a shorter fuse would add depth.

Just pointing out it's not just him that likes the concept here ;)
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Hyper -- while I don't expect it to happen, I agree with Bada that no-cook grenades with a shorter fuse would add depth.

Just pointing out it's not just him that likes the concept here ;)

You can add me to that list. Would be a great change for competition at least.
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    I couldn't care less on the cooking feature tbh. Sure, its somewhat unique and obviously nostalgic since aa2 used it, but honestly I think I would be fine with the change either way. Removing cooking I think could possibly add depth, but due to much of the slow play this game inherently brings (pub and comp alike) doing so I believe would just significantly decrease the efficacy of grenades in a general sense. I think the bigger issue with grenades is the damage/damage radius they have (which I think should be reduced by a good amount). But I suppose that's for the other topic.
    I don't even see good reasons why you'd like to have that on public. Whenever you encounter an enemy and not instantly kill him because either you or he moved behind cover, you have to instantly cook your grenade and hope to be faster or get the [TOS Violation] away from where you are because he is cooking a grenade for sure.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I'm on the fence about cooking. But either way remove it or not that wont solve the nade issues we have
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • LeMaestroLeMaestro Posts: 26Player
    omerta`jee wrote: »
    *cough* AA2 had random fuse lengths *cough*

They never was random fuse nade on AA2,
    It was 7 seconds from the time you pulled the pin to until the nade exploded.
    And from my experience in AA:PG it seems the same.
    Just so you guys know im right.

Anyone that thinks grenade cooking is more skilled has played too much AA lol.

Exactly, This is one of the first thing that you learned in playing the original AA, cooking a nade to throw it at the right moment so that it explode in the air instead of the ground, doing way more damage this way.

Some of you peoples should adapt to the game, instead of always wanting the game to adapt to you.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,129Player
    I think that cooking worked in the AA2 because of the audio cues. From far range it doesn't work as well, but I think that from close range it eliminates a lot of the power that cooking gives the player. If you don't have the audio cues, then cooking is pretty OP.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    LeMaestro wrote: »
    omerta`jee wrote: »
    *cough* AA2 had random fuse lengths *cough*

The fuse in AAPG is four seconds. I'm as sure as I can be without double-checking that it was either four or five seconds in AA2.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    the best way to make nades feel skillful is to make map design to a point they don't feel like they're being used unskillfully.
    the best way to make nades feel skillful is to make map design to a point they don't feel like they're being used unskillfully.

Yes, a completely flat ground as a map would work for that.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    LeMaestro wrote: »

4 seconds in AAPG. 4-5 seconds in AA2 (not sure on variable timer for AA2, but definitely ~4.5 second fuse).

I'm not sure if you typo'd 7 vs 4 or what happened there.