Agreed-on Competitive Features: Submission to Devs

Comments

• =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    I support this as well.
  • nB.UntitledPP.nB.UntitledPP. Posts: 1Player
    I support
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Looks like a pretty good list. Though sometimes annoying, I'm Ok with ambient sounds. Sometimes it is useful to use them to mask movement or pin pulls etc.
  • [kT]Texas[kT]Texas Posts: 8Player
    I fully support everything here! Great ideas to make a better and wider ranged comp scene!
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I think nade suppression effecting across different levels in buildings is a shortcoming of UE3 engine.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    You're an engine expert now? :p
  • =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    I believe that character shadows should also be able to be disabled server side. seeing them through walls and floors is just ridiculous.

everything else agreed.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I think nade suppression effecting across different levels in buildings is a shortcoming of UE3 engine.

Yes it is hench the plea to remove it completely...Stop settling for UE3 short comings. UE4 is not coming, even if it was is this stuff fixed? Shadows through walls etc.

Stop waiting for supported bug to be fixed. (Its already suppose to have been fixed yet it still happens.

Stop waiting for slide animation to not be broken. It's been reworked so many times. Atleast with slide solid opinions have been brought up where people do use it to escape cover. This is why my idea for slide should get put into the game asap: Player slides and is forced looking in the direction they slide in. Boom mechanic solved can still use it to escape death if you so choose.

The main thing is we are almost 3 years in lets stop waiting for stuff to get fixed...Lets stop accepting the short comings of Unreal Engine 3.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -Gz^Tango.911--Gz^Tango.911- Posts: 1Player
    i support it
    You're an engine expert now? :p

Not coder myself but we are going heavy on UE4 currently in my company for realtime rendered animations
  • =IK=Ragingevil=IK=Ragingevil Posts: 1Player
    Nice job Colts and all other who took the time to make this happen.....thank you guys. I do agree with the nade suppression which comes from other areas of the map or rooms above or below .....I would like to see that reduced or taken away.

RagingEvil...
  • Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    I agree on every single point here, and also feel as if many of these features should be in pub as well, especially no revive, and enemy spotted/ mini map callouts, and supported fire! - all complete game wreckers!

A proper cheat deterrent would be nice too, that's my biggest beef with scrimming/ league matches and tourneys.. there's at-least one "comp" player with a prior VAC ban that displays exceptional game play in pubs and scrims as well as defending ex-prior clanmates with gamehack violation bans from the early RFI's yet the comp scene still seems to accept and tolerate this behavior, just because there are no linked accounts or "proof" aside from a VAC ban for cheating in other games?. something that would've been ostracized, unacceptable, and ousted in the comp scene in AA1/2. Many players in the comp scene that ive spoke with even semi-openly-privately somewhat agree of suspicions surrounding this player(s) yet they still defend and allow him to play among them ( contradictory yes ).. I know i'm alleging something without proof, but when you've got some people who have been playing invite level comp since AA1/2 through the different leagues even CAL, etc saying that this guy is suspicious or has displayed some suspicious behavior on many occasions, one person telling me " he pretty much admitted to cheating " it's like really, why does the community support and allow this player to play with them knowingly?
    we aren't that hard up for comp players to tolerate that type of business..
    but again i guess im just some pub scrub in AAPG, even though I played many matches in TWL from AA 1.5 or 1.6 onward, i played in CAL too..
    That's my biggest issue with comp more than all the bugs and lack of features, and my 1.5 mbps d/l wireless and outdated rig combined

I do agree with all these options - and would love to get a new rig and some new internet, but whats the point when this is the only game i play, and the community is just as bad regarding cheating as punkbuster is at catching cheaters. Just my two cents though - and i know many people agree with me even if they wont back me here

sorry to digress, but this is a fundamental issue that this game lost a lot of ex AA1/2 comp players in the early Open Beta RFI's. and is keeping some of the ex AA1/2 comp players from returning to the comp scene in AAPG.

Good luck boys, this game needs a TON of work before i will ever take comp seriously again. I am willing to help and assist anyway i can so feel free to add me on steam!
    DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
    I agree on every single point here, and also feel as if many of these features should be in pub as well, especially no revive, and enemy spotted/ mini map callouts, and supported fire! - all complete game wreckers!

A proper cheat deterrent would be nice too, that's my biggest beef with scrimming/ league matches and tourneys.. there's at-least one "comp" player with a prior VAC ban that displays exceptional game play in pubs and scrims as well as defending ex-prior clanmates with gamehack violation bans from the early RFI's yet the comp scene still seems to accept and tolerate this behavior, just because there are no linked accounts or "proof" aside from a VAC ban for cheating in other games?. something that would've been ostracized, unacceptable, and ousted in the comp scene in AA1/2. Many players in the comp scene that ive spoke with even semi-openly-privately somewhat agree of suspicions surrounding this player(s) yet they still defend and allow him to play among them ( contradictory yes ).. I know i'm alleging something without proof, but when you've got some people who have been playing invite level comp since AA1/2 through the different leagues even CAL, etc saying that this guy is suspicious or has displayed some suspicious behavior on many occasions, one person telling me " he pretty much admitted to cheating " it's like really, why does the community support and allow this player to play with them knowingly?
    but again i guess im just some pub scrub in AAPG, even though I played many matches in TWL from AA 1.5 or 1.6 onward, i played in CAL too..
    That's my biggest issue with comp more than all the bugs and lack of features, and my 1.5 mbps d/l wireless and outdated rig combined

I do agree with all these options - and would love to get a new rig and some new internet, but whats the point when this is the only game i play, and the community is just as bad regarding cheating as punkbuster is at catching cheaters. Just my two cents though - and i know many people agree with me even if they wont back me here

sorry to digress, but this is a fundamental issue that this game lost a lot of ex AA1/2 comp players in the early Open Beta RFI's. and is keeping some of the ex AA1/2 comp players from returning to the comp scene in AAPG.

Good luck boys, this game needs a TON of work before i will ever take comp seriously again. I am willing to help and assist anyway i can so feel free to add me on steam!

Well said.. We wished it was only 1 player... There is so little communication between different leagues and cups. You see even banned players making new accounts and keep playing like nothing happened, its sad
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 768Player
    @status, I totally agree with you, there shouldn't be mercy for any type of hacker/cheater. Doesn't matter if its proven or not, if he/she is banned from something, that person shouldn't be able to compete - at least until proves us wrong. Also the team that person is in should be analysed closely as well. But since the game has few teams for comp. at the moment (excuses from the comp. admins) they don't want to ban teams or players. Sad? Very.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I approve this message.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
    =IK=Wonkss wrote: »
    I believe that character shadows should also be able to be disabled server side. seeing them through walls and floors is just ridiculous.

everything else agreed.

I have them disabled on my server. Fragged nation should have them disabled in the rules but we all know how long that will take. As soon as other leagues come out FN is going to go downhill fast if it continues down this path which I think it will because the admins seem to have no power for anything. It also seems like noobie is the only one with time out of the 3 admins to do anything for the league.

@wolverine Yeah enemy spotted still shows up in radar I thought it was fixed I guess its just harder now because you can't spam your Q button no more you got to wait 6 seconds. So that should of made it on the list as well.

edited February 2016

This behavour will not be tolerated at FGNLeague and we will be using an anti-cheetah client

Also sprint and reload/sprint-slide while reloading is being overlooked
    sprint and reload plays a serious role in gun fights that is getting over-looked right now. It's not just sprinting and reloading...You can also slide while reloading. People seem to think removing the ability to sprint and reload is going to slow the game down too much and make it a who reloads faster situation like AA2 was it was mention on the invaders podcast by someone and it is completely wrong. You not going to stand around looking/moving at your opponent waiting for who reloads faster your going to be switching to your pistol,

Here is what removing sprinting and reloading will do.

- If you get into a fire fight and run out of ammo you will switch to your pistol instead of reloading and sprinting away. (much better way IMO)
    - You will have to manage your reloads properly you won't be able to run out only have 4 bullets by mistake and run and slide back while reloading all at the same time.
    - It could slow down gun fights a little bit but would more likely speed them up by switching to pistol becoming the normal thing to do. It would not slow the game down overall at all because its just to do with when your reloading everything else would be the same.
    - At the very least I should not be able to slide and reload come on...

For these reasons at the very least we should have the ability to remove such nonsense server-side.

• =IK=[RIP]=IK=[RIP] Posts: 1Player
    edited February 2016
    These suggestions look good and if implemented with ini settings they can easily be used in pub servers if desired.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    Yes, shadows can be disabled. However, we can also go one step further and turn them off in all the comp maps. It's easy as unchecking few boxes in properties. Just like I did with the enemy spotted.
    Yes, shadows can be disabled. However, we can also go one step further and turn them off in all the comp maps. It's easy as unchecking few boxes in properties. Just like I did with the enemy spotted.

That would be nice.