Agreed-on Competitive Features: Submission to Devs

ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
After discussing suggested comp features this thread(as well as many other threads) in our latest podcast, as well as extensively discussing them on TeamSpeak with other teams, and also while testing comp maps on a weekly basis, I believe we have reached an agreement on a certain number of features that we would like brought forward to improve competitive play.

While the competitive community is much larger than just the ~20 or so members that have mostly agreed on these features, it's important to remember that we are not asking to permanently remove major features, just give admins the ability to further customize their servers in a manner that's conducive to competitive play.

If you have no stake in competitive play, I ask that you please refrain from posting here and share your thoughts in another thread. If you agree with these terms, please post so below.

Mostly Agreed-on features:

1. Ability to disable supported fire. Ex SupportedPosition=False

2. Ability to reduce ambient sound server side. Ex ReducedAmbientSounds=True(Remove additional sounds such as helicopters, jets, random gunfire)

3. Ability to remove automatic weapon reloads. Ex AutoReload=False

4. Ability to disable certain guns and sights and grenades/flashes/smokes. Ex IronsightsOnly=True, etc...(this would likely need more lines to set true/false to different parameters)

5. Ability to remove red dot from showing in the minimap when the enemy fires. Ex MinimapAlerts=False. Along with the the ability to disable enemy spotted by pressing a key. Ex. EnemySpotted= False

7. Update demorec to include features such as pause, slow remind, fast rewing, slow forward, fast forward

7. Additional admin commands for matches such as ability to pause a match, switch sides automatically, set to warmup mode mid match(in case of a dead round.)

8. Ability to set desired parameters in warm up mode. Really handy for teams practicing. Ex. Number of available grenades, respawn delay, etc.

Note:

Items such as sliding are not completely agreed on as some believe a longer delay could be added to dissuade players from using sliding so aggressively instead of outright disabling it from comp. Removing the accuracy cone could not be agreed on as it would create an incredibly large divide in gameplay between pub and comp players (we also don't think the devs would have gone along with this one.) Sprinting and reloading was also not included as some believe the slow down in gameplay was not warranted. Aimpunch was also not included as is actively being discussed and there's many opposing opinions.

I'd also like to thank Colts from iog, as well as Doba from IK, SSKWanted from SSK, revert and vortex from i9, rokis and eKcomm from iNv, as well as others i'm forgetting for all the time they've put in helping make the comp community stronger. While somemtimes we may falter and succumb to insults, the majority of time we're just trying to improve this little game called America's Army Proving Grounds.

Devs - If you could acknowledge to consider these requests it would be greatly appreciated. In a previous thread a dev posted that they were hesitant to move forward with any "comp features" because we could not agree. The above list has gone through exhaustive discussion and is our submission for desired features, at least for now. You'll find none of these are game breaking and simply allow server admins to have a bit more control over their servers.
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Thanks for putting all of this into one place. Outside of the demorec items we will see what we can do in the short term.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,165Beta Tester
    What about turning off enemy spotted? Wasn't this agreed upon?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    For the slide: Force it so you are facing the direction you slide in.
    What about turning off enemy spotted? Wasn't this agreed upon?

These all server setting requests we already have enemy spotted off option in server settings.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    You can turn off the callouts?
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    I like it. On as side note, I remember hearing that the admin panel in game would be able to change server settings like in AA2 is that still being looked at because that would make setting up the server with all of these features much easier.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,165Beta Tester
    @ Colts - but it still shows up in the radar, no? It's not completely removed.
  • Thanks for compiling this list. I think these would all be great features for the competitive part of this community.
    PLevlex.jpg
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    All points sound good so far

Only point 2 is questionable for our team about reducing ambient sounds.

Too bad demorec wont get an UI soon, how about reducing bugs like crashes and names not changing if you switch via mouse click instead of over F4 with numbers
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    Agree with all the points.
    Oh well.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    These are all good. I agree with some of the other suggestions as well. Turn off Enemy Spotted on Radar and Call Outs.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SL_zOmbiSL_zOmbi Posts: 116Player
    sounds good :)
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    I agree also. (Wouldn't enemyspotted on radar be turned off if "red dot on radar" was off)?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I like it! Would be a great improvement and much appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    I agree
  • agreeeeeeee
    @ Colts - but it still shows up in the radar, no? It's not completely removed.

pretty sure thats been fixed. I'll have to test and see.

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 330Player
    Concur
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    One thing missed I believe is nade suppression, I wont care too much if Aim punch was to stay, and gun suppression for that matter, but having my screen shake that long because a nade blew up in the next room or in the room underneath me is an issue most comp players would agree on.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited February 2016
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    One thing missed I believe is nade suppression, I wont care too much if Aim punch was to stay, and gun suppression for that matter, but having my screen shake that long because a nade blew up in the next room or in the room underneath me is an issue most comp players would agree on.

Yah I agree that should be gone. Nade suppression from nades blowing up above you is ridiculous it's almost like it blew up close to you and gave you 50% or more dmg.

• From a competitive standpoint, FGNL supports this.