iNvaders Podcast #3 Happening NOW!

ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Guys join Rokis, eKComm, and myself on the third podcast happening right now at 9pm EST.

Our special guest this week is the great map maker Wolverine.

We'll also be discussing how players can get into comp, and our scrub of the week as always.

www.twitch.tv/rokistv
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    GO GO GO
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited February 2016
    Visit Team-invaders.com for podcast #3 guys. It was a juicy one.
    tots message me. we wanna have you on the cast next week.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    That was fun. The chat was also pretty amusing, haha. Keep it up.

I like takedowns - a little too much, though fortunately I've gotten better with them - and I'm curious as to what you guys think of them. I'm guessing they're kind of pointless in comp because the player could just call it out via TeamSpeak.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,155Player
    I'm on board with being old school on the radar. Back in the old days we didn't use no stinkin radar. Use comms, eyes, and ears. :smiley:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I joined the stream, noticed the post here as I was going to bed.. you guys forced me to stay up! :lol:

I liked all the reasoning brought forward in regards to the whole comp mode thing, if I comp'ed I'd be advocating the same things.. especially the parts about slide and supported being inconsistent, I completely agree that in a comp environment its going to be better if they either don't exist as they are currently, or can be fixed somewhat into becoming an acceptable feature.

I also 100% agreed with Wolvie on the whole "how to get players play in in comps". I'm of course not looking to join clans.. them days are gone for me but from past experiences myself, its about attitude, presentation and reputation of your clan in the eyes of others, how you come across. If they are good.. your gonna get players actually wanting to play alongside you. It's why some public servers grow in popularity, people have a good time they tend to want more, and go back.
    On the flip side, be the opposite of all that and people wont even want to join the same server your playing in let alone join your team. They will also have gotten a pretty bleak picture of what it's like to be a comp player.

I believe that a clans entire roster of players have simply got to be mature and repectful of and to others, no matter how hard it may be to hold your tongues at times, treat people how you'd like to be treated yourselves, its that simple, if you don't.. it's costing you and your clan reputation. Wolvie also mentioned this and it still rings true today, use public servers to go fishing for potential.. not to go aimlessly scrub bashing for the lols.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I believe that a clans entire roster of players have simply got to be mature and repectful of and to others, no matter how hard it may be to hold your tongues at times, treat people how you'd like to be treated yourselves, its that simple, if you don't.. it's costing you and your clan reputation. Wolvie also mentioned this and it still rings true today, use public servers to go fishing for potential.. not to go aimlessly scrub bashing for the lols.

Sounds great in theory but doesn't work that way.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,155Player
    Only way I see it working in such a small community is if a few things happen.
    1. Non-Elite Clans start competing (in which an open division would need to be created for them).
    2. Elite teams create open level sub clans. They aren't the ones who compete at the highest levels, but they are the open squad who hopefully over time can, under their guidance, work their way into top end players. It helps build community with the average player and the top end players.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Could AA themselves not help by hosting their own official drafts? I wonder if they ever consider these kinds of things?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited February 2016
    I liked Ek's argument to continue running and reloading, Ohh those days where you'd dance side by side see who reloads sooner.. however we have the pistol now, so technically that wouldnt happen anymore..

no running would force people to use pistol more often i think.. and forces you to be smarter in your encounters.

.. as for slide, as colts said, it dumbs down 1v1 encounters.. so much truth there, and that single reason is enough for me anyway... but its about the comp community as a whole, and coming to a consensus

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I'm on board with being old school on the radar. Back in the old days we didn't use no stinkin radar. Use comms, eyes, and ears. :smiley:

:+1:

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    On the flip side, be the opposite of all that and people wont even want to join the same server your playing in let alone join your team. They will also have gotten a pretty bleak picture of what it's like to be a comp player.

i agree with this statement. 50 % of the comp players that actually post on these forum do the scene more harm then good , Invasion podcast does the scene some good , it does have good info and good guests , where it fails to me is the sometimes mocking of others that can not defend themselves , that is just cheap blows that is not helping your cause . I understand its probably not intended that way, but to a noobie looking to get into the scene , i dont think it goes well with what you are trying to achieve .But it is early days and i think the idea is great just needs tuning
    edited February 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

:-1: Boo.... it's a point & click adventure... just take it down a notch. People over Pixels.

********Bam4D********

• =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    What I learned is that there is some solidarity when it comes to comp mode, but there is also disagreement. Everyone agrees that supported has to go, but the red dot on mini map is under contention. Where is the organized discussion. Twitchr has tried to start an all encompassing thread. I think that there is too much info to discuss this subject as a single post and that there need to be "super threads" lol. Seriously. Also someone needs to take charge of the organization cough Doba Colts cough. The discussion, at least in the official forums, has stalled. If we ever want to get some results lets not let the momentum fade. Maybe the devs could appoint someone as a "comp chairman" (Tots) to work with us to keep it organized and keep the ball rolling?
    Bam4D wrote: »

:-1: Boo.... it's a point & click adventure... just take it down a notch. People over Pixels.

You should start with yourself on that one. Going around accusing people is exactly why I said it wouldn't work and it's not the comp players doing that.

You should start with yourself on that one. Going around accusing people is exactly why I said it wouldn't work and it's not the comp players doing that.

Huh? you baffle me. I'm not that good. Wish I had a notch to take down lol

********Bam4D********

Let's make it clear, people like you are the reason I don't see it working.
    -Flops- wrote: »

i agree with this statement. 50 % of the comp players that actually post on these forum do the scene more harm then good , Invasion podcast does the scene some good , it does have good info and good guests , where it fails to me is the sometimes mocking of others that can not defend themselves , that is just cheap blows that is not helping your cause . I understand its probably not intended that way, but to a noobie looking to get into the scene , i dont think it goes well with what you are trying to achieve .But it is early days and i think the idea is great just needs tuning

:+1: nailed it.

********Bam4D********

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited February 2016

.... nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Only way I see it working in such a small community is if a few things happen.
    1. Non-Elite Clans start competing (in which an open division would need to be created for them).
    2. Elite teams create open level sub clans. They aren't the ones who compete at the highest levels, but they are the open squad who hopefully over time can, under their guidance, work their way into top end players. It helps build community with the average player and the top end players.

That's a discussion in INV right now. Question is will these players show up to submit an application. We are open to new faces and providing them with the tools to grow. But are they willing to take it and be ok with failures over and over again before winning? I am pretty sure we are leaning to opening an open team, just gotta find the players.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

.... nailed it

to the cross.

********Bam4D********