Game Update Notes (28 Jan 2016)

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Changelog: THE UNAUTHORIZED EDITION

Added: new callout types for VIP, new AkEvent code to support VIP sounds, new valid map suffix
    CALL_VIP_Killed,   CALL_VIP_Revived,   CALL_VIP_Reloading,   CALL_VIP_GrenadeDanger,   CALL_VIP_EnemySpotted,   CALL_VIP_TakeDamage,   CALL_VIP_Hooah,   CALL_VIP_GruntHealth

var AkEvent VIPKilledSound; var AkEvent VIPRevivedSound; var AkEvent VIPReloadingSound; var AkEvent VIPGrenadeDangerSound; var AkEvent VIPEnemySpottedSound; var AkEvent VIPTakeDamageSound; var AkEvent VIPHooahSound; var AkEvent VIPGruntHealthSound;

ValidMapSuffixes(6)="VIP"

Removed: the AAGameHVT class from AA3 days
    Added: the AAGameVIP class

Removed: AAPawn_HVT
    Added: AAPawn_VIP

Interesting... VIP stats right now are for higher-than-normal health. It also looks like anchoring might be disabled for the VIP?

I encourage everyone to speculate wildly.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Gatilho, bravo... now lets wait on yet another post from Keebler saying how randomness is good..lel

But it's not random sway they added.. it's random cross hair positioning when scoping up..

Ah, I see. You WERE talking to me.

Tell you what. I'll go get the popcorn and you can be the rockstar and tell us why making it MORE difficult to retain accuracy between Crosshair and ADS makes it EASIER for beginners.

Looks to me that YOU are the one who wants it easy.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • HesedielHesediel Posts: 17Player
    after this update i cant modify video setting, this causes game freeze
  • Sierra_WhiskeySierra_Whiskey Posts: 1Player
    Speaking as a one who has fallen victim to the quick scope technique far too many times I applaud any move that curtails such tactics.
    (Not that my input will sway those whose minds a firmly set.)
  • Sr.GatilhoSr.Gatilho Posts: 51Player
    I guess some people never will understand the difference between random and harder...
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    who uses scope? LOL!!!!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    You got that right Gatilho...we've been dealing with this newb mentality in here for quite some time

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Sr.Gatilho wrote: »
    I guess some people never will understand the difference between random and harder...

On that there is very wide agreement o:)
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The fact that this was in for months and no one picked up on it before shows what a small thing this is. It's a very, very minor thing that just helps combat an exploit. It would only ever be noticeable if you either were doing the exploit we were fixing, or if you used an external program to make a crosshair on those weapons where they shouldn't have one.

The gameplay impact is almost nonexistent.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    And others wont understand to accept it just the way it is. Accept it and go on, always crying... " :'( "

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Actually it was quite noticeable back when we had it on the M4

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Sure, but as Cat said, this was on the m14/m24 for months after release and no one ever mentioned it. It was only not like that for a short time when we broke it by accident.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    edited January 2016
    FunPolice wrote: »
    Sure, but as Cat said, this was on the m14/m24 for months after release and no one ever mentioned it. It was only not like that for a short time when we broke it by accident.

Now makes sense, while it was broken my gameplay was just way better, please break it again so I can beat the noobs as I used too. PLEASE!

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • wojhdfijbwwojhdfijbw Posts: 15Player
    I get what you're trying to do.. possibly eliminate a quick scope.. and I'm sure it will work to an extent, we just think there are other ways aside from adding randomness

This wasnt the only problem with this sway. I posted a video to the devs showing how whenever sway would reset, there would be a small period of time when ads would have 0 sway like on a hack. This 0 sway could then be manipulated to be semi-permanent each time you strafe, thus allowing you to have 0 sway while ads.
    ss_LoveBot_4.png
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Well I for one picked up on the difference in the M24. I just don't care enough about the game anymore to say anything and I don't use it as much as a result.
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Koden wrote: »
    Not a word about securing? You can actually drag enemy bodies around...isn't that an issue?

This is something we will likely address, however it isn't a real concern as it is not something
    omni.Love wrote: »
    I get what you're trying to do.. possibly eliminate a quick scope.. and I'm sure it will work to an extent, we just think there are other ways aside from adding randomness

This wasnt the only problem with this sway. I posted a video to the devs showing how whenever sway would reset, there would be a small period of time when ads would have 0 sway like on a hack. This 0 sway could then be manipulated to be semi-permanent each time you strafe, thus allowing you to have 0 sway while ads.

That bug is where we noticed the issue, so thanks for the bug report!
  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    Were getting closer to roll the dice, nice
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Alright, an update! I didn't know no-scoping was such a large issue though. I rarely saw it.

Anyways, a few players have been experiencing issues with the M16 not recording challenge progression properly, if at all. Has that been looked into or fixed?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    • When sighting up with the M14 and M24 the sway no longer starts at the same point each time

Should do this with every weapon so you can't zoom in and zoom out repeatedly to keep steady aim.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    • When sighting up with the M14 and M24 the sway no longer starts at the same point each time

Should do this with every weapon so you can't zoom in and zoom out repeatedly to keep steady aim.

Isn't this kind of it was back a few versions ago and everyone revolted?
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!