Game Update Notes (28 Jan 2016)

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Our January update is focused on fixing known bugs and preparing for our content update next month. We've fixed some ADS issues with the weapons, made quality of life improvements to the server browser, and fixed many small bugs with our new UI. On top of that we were able to fix quite a few environment issues, audio issues, and some of the community's top reported bugs. The deadline for our Map Contest is just around the corner and we're extremely excited to start judging all of the entries. Submit your map before Feb 1 if you haven't, and take a look at the maps already submitted on the forums!

Weapons
  • When sighting up with the M14 and M24 the sway no longer starts at the same point each time
  • Fixed a problem which caused some true scopes to become blurry when firing

Server Browser
  • Servers in the browser now sort by official servers by default with ping the secondary sort
  • A "Last Played" column added to the History and Favorites tab in the server browser

UI
  • Fixed an issue where a player's inventory would occasionally reset without them doing so
  • Fixed an issue where the main menu would vanish upon some disconnect scenarios
  • Tweaked the bleeding bar animation to be more readable at long distance
  • Fix for spectate UI vanishing after an interrupted revive attempt
  • The "Last Man Standing" message should no longer occasionally appear when spawning

Environments
  • Fixed a Z-fighting issue on the missile launcher prop used on Outer Hospital as well as other maps
  • Fix for players being able to anchor while standing on some objects
  • Closed off a spot on Watchdog where players could leave the play space
  • Fixed a collision issue on Bridge where players would float above one particular car
  • Fixed a small collision issue on Checkout where players could walk along an invisible ledge
  • Fixed an issue where shader settings had unintended effects on fog visibility on Bridge and Bridge Night
  • Dynamic lights are now forced on when a shoot house is played, which fixes the long-standing issue of blacked out targets on the range; be aware dynamic lights will remain on upon the conclusion of a shoot house

Audio
  • Tweaked audio settings within Redline and Harbor Assault for better results with some ambient sounds
  • A particular sparking lamp in Redline is no longer excessively loud

Miscellaneous
  • Admin map changes now overrule all other map votes
  • Closed a possible console command exploit
  • Fixed a rare server crash
  • Grenades, bleedouts and takedown will no longer count toward Hawkeyes and do not interrupt a Hawkeye streak
  • Fixed a rare client crash upon reviving or securing just as a round ends
  • Crouched and walking with the shotgun no longer results in the arms and head clipping
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,411Player
    Thank you.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player
    Cool beans! Thanks.

I like all of this - so glad to have the loadout issue fixed - but I am perplexed as to why dynamic lights have to be used for shoothouses when they didn't used to. This is punishing to people with lower end PCs.

Stoked for the next content update.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 977Moderator
    This is punishing to people with lower end PCs.
    I imagine that if your pc is so slow that you cant get above 20fps with dynamic lights on on the shoot houses you dont even think about playing online ;)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Dynamic lights have always been required for several of the ranges.
    Unfortunately Frank is correct. If your pc can't handle the single player modes with dynamic lighting on, it's probably not going to run the proper game at a playable level.

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 490Beta Tester
    Cool beans! Thanks.

I like all of this - so glad to have the loadout issue fixed - but I am perplexed as to why dynamic lights have to be used for shoothouses when they didn't used to. This is punishing to people with lower end PCs.

Stoked for the next content update.

If you have dynamic light off, all targets (enemy and friendly) are black - if I know it correctly. There were many forum posts about 'black targets' Shoothouses are not really PC killes, so it should be fine.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    • When sighting up with the M14 and M24 the sway no longer starts at the same point each time
    Welp, time to nerf something? Make it random...

Also, why change the M14 and not the M16 ACOG? It already outclassed the M14 in every way and is probably the most OP gun in the game. And how about the M249 Elcan?

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    We already experienced this random ads thing once across all weapons it was horrible and thankfully was changed... the fact that it's back even on weapons I don't use is not good... would have rather seen a high sway animation at initial ads then it would steady out ..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Any update is worth a download and a peek for me!
    googley avatar aapg

Adding slight randomness to those weapons stops an exploit that was happening with them. We'll see if it impacts play in any significant way, it didn't in testing.

I get what you're trying to do.. possibly eliminate a quick scope.. and I'm sure it will work to an extent, we just think there are other ways aside from adding randomness

Aside from that I'm glad admin map change over rules vote.. I however no mention of admin getting kicked new map load

I believe that's been fixed, maybe just didn't make it into my notes. I'll investigate.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 738Player

Also, why change the M14 and not the M16 ACOG? It already outclassed the M14 in every way and is probably the most OP gun in the game. And how about the M249 Elcan?

What's wrong with elcan? When you touch it, magic happens? It doesn't to me.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,532Beta Tester
    In my view, anyone who thinks going from NOT AIMING to ADS shouldn't have an aim correction is okay with random as long as it suits them.

The crosshair should NOT get you on target upon ADS. It's not about random, it's about making the accuracy cone MATTER. It needs to be disconnected from ADS. If you get on target right off the crosshair, then the cone is moot. All you have to do is get the crosshair on a target and ADS quickly for accuracy.

And I thought people didn't like cheese....

If you were in the scope the whole time you were tracking the target, you wouldn't need the correction. This is about using the crosshair, and then immediately having scope accuracy.

Cheese!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 281Player
    Not a word about securing? You can actually drag enemy bodies around...isn't that an issue?
    Derob6.jpg
    We get it you like a zero skilled game full of randomness so even the newest newb has a chance... good for you

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,532Beta Tester
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    We get it you like a zero skilled game full of randomness so even the newest newb has a chance... good for you

You talking to me?

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer

It was like this on release back in October. Somehow no one noticed when we didn't mention it:)

It was accidentally broken in an update where we tried to smooth out the sway when you first sight up. This update fixes that.

Only the weapons without crosshairs (M14& M24) have this behavior, which is why the M16 + scope does not.

• Sr.GatilhoSr.Gatilho Posts: 51Player
    I honestly don't get it,we have random accuracy cone on hipfire to promote ADS but when we go ADS we have random recoil and now random sway,I don't understand the logic behind this decisions but now I know Devs are definitely listening the wrong people. Wasn't the M24 cone big enough?why add random sway?
    edited January 2016
    Gatilho, bravo... now lets wait on yet another post from Keebler saying how randomness is good..lel

But it's not random sway they added.. it's random cross hair positioning when scoping up..