Coming soon from the heart of the Czervanian jungle.....

Comments

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    So will it be a small map?

Quite the opposite, this map is about 160 meters from spawn to spawn, compare to Downtown, which is about 140 meters from spawn to spawn (and isn't as wide).
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    is it along the lines of rawsters umm , jungle map ?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It actually began life as the demo map h e made in a live stream a long time ago. It's had a L O T of updates to the playspace since then, but that's where it started!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited January 2016
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=243848741
    Created in a day for [Dev]Rawrster's Mission Editor Live Stream!

Posted: March 30, 2014
    You weren't kidding about starting life a long time ago

For a one-day map, it played reasonably well way back then
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Ya I remember that map

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Pfftt! :p

It's STILL a small map compared to .....you know....that one I'm making...

heh heh
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Our awesome artists got the latest version of speedtree and have been making great use of it on the map. The woods are just fantastic.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Sr.GatilhoSr.Gatilho Posts: 51Player
    It would be interesting to see how this map would work playing only with iron sight.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    So will it be a small map?

Quite the opposite, this map is about 160 meters from spawn to spawn, compare to Downtown, which is about 140 meters from spawn to spawn (and isn't as wide).

Nice! Large maps are the best. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Please add heat sensor for this one...
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Its a fun map to play, and performance is fine, especially if you consider all the foliage and shadows.
    The paranoia can be hard on this map :D

tumblr_nx1nvrM6ad1sit7wwo1_400.gif
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Sr.Gatilho wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see how this map would work playing only with iron sight.

I typically play this map with iron sights during playtests. I find them more effective than scopes for spotting movement in the forest.
    edited January 2016

I typically play this map with iron sights during playtests. I find them more effective than scopes for spotting movement in the forest.

Odd that you find something that blocks half the screen more effective for spotting movement in a forest.. I mean an M68 has far more visibility.. wouldn't that make things easier..

Im all for iron sights only on large maps with bushes.. half the reason i cant stand these type of maps is because zoomed scopes ruin gameplay.

If this map came out with irons only.. you'd get a tons of thumbs up!

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,169Player
    speedtree was part of udk, all the latest version had it. It was very useful. Any chance you guys added back, this way we can make some foliage for UMM's? That would be an awesome addition to the editor/game.
    whats speedtree? should I google it

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Ironsights only on large maps would be amazing. Especially since scopes got passively buffed since release with all the dirt and darkness added to maps.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    +1 on irons only, it would be great.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Odd that you find something that blocks half the screen more effective for spotting movement in a forest.. I mean an M68 has far more visibility.. wouldn't that make things easier..

Kind of depends where you want the extra visibility, they obscure basically the same number of pixels total

mFAlUfN.png
    Obviously I want it right where im aiming.. M68 eliminates that large middle blue portion which blocks a big chunk of a player when scoped in on him

• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    I find the iron sights better to scan complex areas so even if the m68 is available I'd suggest using the iron sights anyway.
    Oh well.