The iNvaders Podcast is out - Trial run

ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
edited January 2016 in General Discussion
Rokis, EkComm, and I always enjoy discussing what's going on with the community, who won which match, who's got some sketchy gameplay, who can't play because they're still hungover, and of course trash talk. We decided to put these talks in video format and share some of our thoughts with you all.

This was a rough draft of what will become a weekly podcast. We plan on bringing in a new guest every week to stir the pot, and we'll be conducting a "Help a Noob" segment where we review gameplay footage from a noob seeking help and provide tips on how he/she can improve.

We'll also discuss hot forum topics both from here and FraggedNation, and watch funny/sketchy/interesting gameplay videos. This first podcast was totally winged, but we now have an idea of what and where we want to improve. For starters, a push to talk key for Rokis as his loud [TOS Violation] keyboard is not something we'd like to hear. We'll also be casting the twitch comments section so be sure to join us live to make comments and ask questions. No one is safe.

[mod edit]

EDIT: For the video, click our main banner at team-invaders.com

Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    I liked it. Good for you guys.
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    good stuff! I'm watching as I poop. My only suggestion is to try to shorten it up a little bit. My feet fell asleep -_-
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    Cool ideas. Defiantly will be tuning in.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Thanks for the comments fellas.

For those newbies wanting to submit a video for analysis, post a link to the video at our site forums www.team-invaders.com
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the shout out :blush: Awesome video, love what you guys are doing here. Good job each and everyone of you. Looking forward to more videos this is exactly what this community needs and hopefully the community can grow from this and also get a better understanding of our point of view. Props for thinking about doing this. Some of the call of duty's had really good sound. (Call of duty 4, MW2 was decent) (The rest were awful or mediocre) This could also be as a result of what happend to sound after Windows XP(I believe windows stopped using creatives open ALAudio and started using XAudio from xbox consoles) Just like what plagued us in this game before the switch to WWISE.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    I support this, good luck with it. Am I allowed to submit a video? :P

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited January 2016
    Yes, we will be streaming it on my twitch channel. Twitch.tv/rokistv .

We still don't know if it's going to be Sunday nights or Monday nights.

Like i said this is for everyone, including the noobs, haters, and non competitive players who perhaps want an insight on the competitive area. Maybe you want to make the move into our dark side and we are here to help you maybe get there.

We will have guests on the show as well.

There will be no time limit for now. It is extremely hard making this sub 30 minutes. For now, I think we are going to wing the time of each episode. We could shorten it by making it twice a week perhaps.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    Idk if I want to join that dark side, since I don't even know what it is. Sounds creepy :o . Also, If I send a video, like everyone else who thinks needs improvment aka noob, wants to know other people opinions. Tho I'm very lazy to make videos :D

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    i did watch.. a portion might also have been from the washroom.. none the less.. all for doing whatever it takes to get more players involved...... Get Em

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 307Player
    Good Job guys, I like it.
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    Yes, we will be streaming it on my twitch channel. Twitch.tv/rokistv .

We still don't know if it's going to be Sunday nights or Monday nights.

Like i said this is for everyone, including the noobs, haters, and non competitive players who perhaps want an insight on the competitive area. Maybe you want to make the move into our dark side and we are here to help you maybe get there.

We will have guests on the show as well.

There will be no time limit for now. It is extremely hard making this sub 30 minutes. For now, I think we are going to wing the time of each episode. We could shorten it by making it twice a week perhaps.

I was kidding about the time limit. If you have content, take as much time as needed to cover that content.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Cool video.

The help a newb thing could be a good idea but it would work better if players had easier access to the demorec files. You guys could sift through the rounds and make a more complete analysis of the player and even explain your advice using the demo itself with different camera angles and all that.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,158Beta Tester
    Nice work guys, and thanks for the shout out! Keep up the good work. :+1:
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited January 2016
    Cool video.

The help a newb thing could be a good idea but it would work better if players had easier access to the demorec files. You guys could sift through the rounds and make a more complete analysis of the player and even explain your advice using the demo itself with different camera angles and all that.

We really just need a shadow play from them which essentially all computers runninng AAPG have. There is also a AMD version of it. Upload to youtube as is and link us.

Again, just go to Team-invaders.com and post in our forums.

This is open to the EU guys as well, I don't see why it should be a NA vs EU...although we do make it that way sometimes :P
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    Most inconsistent player? Really @-roKis.iNv- ? I mean we have robert aka shishkebab and you call me the most inconsistent? Guess it's time to go through some old screenshots...

On a non drama/[TOS Violation] talking note, this is great guys keep it up!
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited January 2016
    Nice stuff, I also tried Springstreet in a "scrim" and I really like it, something was weird with the sound, but I think they already fixed that since I played, because I had some workshop download some days ago, but besides that I really like the idea, especially since I don't have to worry about supported positions :smiley:

As for the best eu team, well we won all the last 3 cups/leagues, but I don't think we will keep playing, some people lost motivation or/and playing other games, but maybe we will do like we did for aapgversus, showing up only on matches while we are playing something else :smiley:

AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    [TOS Violation], i need a better mic and webcam. Then this can get interesting
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited January 2016
    Also no1 said that ESL is only for eu, if someone wants to put some time on it, we can do na cups and leagues also there.
    I will also have some time for it, since the eu part is dying at the moment...
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited January 2016
    Trim out the 30min of EGO talk, and it will be perfect.. thanks. ;)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I watched because I'd like nothing more than see the game grow and if what you guys do here helps in that then it can only be good :)

PS be careful with the language, you know how strict the forum can be about stuff like that :wink:
    Bam4D wrote: »
    Trim out the 30min of EGO talk, and it will be perfect.. thanks. ;)

Comp players and ego are often a package deal, it can be argued they need it to grab and poke at other teams, without trash talk your as good as playing who can make the longest daisy chain :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.