BDX Only Servers

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
By popular demand BDX only servers are now back up on some Official servers.

BDX only servers will look like this "U.S. Army Official XXX11 BDX Only"

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,116Beta Tester
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 285Player
    Fantastic Sauce
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Yay

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    thanks!
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player
    Awesome job!
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Where is the Devs never listen to us crowd?
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Pvt.Phushi wrote: »

I hope you realize the previous system was a mistake in the first place. Good on them changing it back but nothing to go crazy about..
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    LoL @ phushi.. yup game is saved

Now if we get comp mode.. that will be a different story

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    Pvt.Phushi wrote: »

It's a bandaid fix for a real problem within the game. Just gotta pray people populate the BDX only servers instead of regular officials. Most new players won't even know the difference.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

I hope you realize the previous system was a mistake in the first place. Good on them changing it back but nothing to go crazy about..

Previous system is still in place. Hardly a fix.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

So even on the 6v6 servers votes will still be for FLO maps if there's a 13th player and it just forces a BDX map or how does it work?
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

So even on the 6v6 servers votes will still be for FLO maps if there's a 13th player and it just forces a BDX map or how does it work?

no that works because the only maps possible on the server are BDX. But only on BDX servers so people just have to know what they mean and get them going.

• =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    So, it works but it doesn't....ok, got it.
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    edited January 2016
    Ask for BDX servers, they are provided. BDX servers sit empty for months. BDX servers are removed due to lack of use (wasted resource). Months pass, ask for BDX servers again. BDX servers are provided again, BDX servers sit empty......

I know you all are asking for specific settings for comp mode but, this thread was started asking for BDX servers. They are provided again, for the millionth time, and they sit empty and they will likely be reallocated because of that. Be serious about it and put your actions were your mouth (keyboard) is and populate those servers.

"9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    I'm sure they will not be empty for long. Most people don't read these forums. The private BDX servers are almost always full with people in line to get in.
    edited January 2016
    Ask for BDX servers, they are provided. BDX servers sit empty for months. BDX servers are removed due to lack of use (wasted resource). Months pass, ask for BDX servers again. BDX servers are provided again, BDX servers sit empty......

I know you all are asking for specific settings for comp mode but, this thread was started asking for BDX servers. They are provided again, for the millionth time, and they sit empty and they will likely be reallocated because of that. Be serious about it and put your actions were your mouth (keyboard) is and populate those servers.

The FLO Official servers also sit empty for months but we don't see those getting removed do we? The only official server right now is LHR14 8/12. If I could sit there and start a bdx server I would. But now does even 66% of people playing this game currently even know what US Army Official JFK 12 vs US Army Official JFK 13 BDX ONLY does? To the average player both servers are on a 6v6 map. So you see how this is not a fix? But just another band-aid. By the logic you use in your post, we should have like no official servers right now.

This is how it should be. There are FLO Official Servers and there are BDX official servers. Lets see after that change has been made which Official servers get used.

The FLO Official Servers can not go on a BDX map the BDX official servers cannot go on an FLO map. There's a fix to a problem.

Why are official servers allowed to use both BDX/FLO. And only some are allowed to be BDX Only. Why not FLO only and BDX only? I guarantee you the BDX only servers would get used more than the FLO Only. The only reason and FLO official ever gets started is because people playing 6v6. Then when it switches to 12v12 if it gets lucky on goes on Inner Hospital boom you have yourself a full 12v12 official thanks to people playing BDX maps.

• (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 246Player
    edited January 2016
    The only reason the BDX server would have more play than the FLO servers is simply because of the small amount of players at any given time.
    If a server runs both BDX and FLO I believe the server can be setup in the config to adjust to the amount of players that are present . So having 2 different types of servers makes no sense to me . Just like when you make a map , why bother making it BDX just make it FLO and if theres more than 12 players that's good and if there is less than 12 that's fine too.
    I don't see any need to make the 2 exclusive to each other.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The ability to switch between the two modes allows servers to respond to fluctuation in popularity. If you want BDX only, don't join a server that wants to be able to adjust to load.

This is a "players chose the wrong server" problem, not a game problem.
    What if I want FLO only?

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    There are private servers that rotate through FLO only. There's not been an expressed demand for officials running only FLO. As such, it's not surprising that the Devs would keep most of their servers set up to respond dynamically to population.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,116Beta Tester
    For love of God! Let's get some players in game first, then we can worry about flo or bdx. Have you guys seen how many empty servers there are out there? It's freaking 15 inner servers full, few bridge servers and few umm's and the rest about 300 or so are empty.