Best overall settings.

Comments

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I only glance at HUD info a few times during the game. I don't stare at it. Maybe they are fixated on it and getting owned?? :p

How can you not see it? DEVz put a cartoon aspect on top of great art design... the HUD is total fail. Well it's good for training but should be removed after reaching certain ranks.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Ahh it looks like they got rid of the stance indicator since I last played. I used to turn it off. Sacco, generally how i work is I roll EQ flat when a patch comes out. My assessment of sounds is based on how it is out of the box not with EQ's
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
    At the end of the day I'm just trying to be good at the game. If your main goal is realism then go ahead and disable everything. That's perfectly fine, just don't be upset and call hacks when you don't understand why you can't beat certain people. I like playing with people who want to be good at the game which is why I spend most of my time not playing with the likes of you Bam. I play private scrims and matches mostly. Quite frankly, it's boring playing with people that have no awareness.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited January 2016
    eK.. you seem like the kinda guy who's friendly neighbor offers him around their place for a BBQ.. but says no cuz he don't like the smell of the produce and are disgruntled that they only use plain old steak and not peppered :lol:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Luckily for both you and me. You don't know me..... I love steak of all kinds
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I think the game is fine the way it is, despite some minor things that need changing—if anything should be.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I think the game is fine the way it is, despite some minor things that need changing—if anything should be.

Can you go recruit 10,000 more players to feel the same way pretty please!
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited January 2016
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

She is quite right, you know. Read the "recent" reviews on AA:PG steam page. Almost all are positive.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/203290/
    Some reviews -
    Great FPS and its free to play. Thanks United States Army! Probably one of the best things you've spent my taxes on...
    it's not pay-to-win, it's play-to-win.
    [TOS Violation],this game is maybe hard,but its still fun to play.Good combat,wepons,team work,kind of a game.You shoud atleast try it.
    Great overall gaemplay :)
    Great tactical shooter with no monetisation. The US army developed a solid team based tactical shooter to ephasize the values and standards of serving in the US army as an infantryman.
    edited January 2016
    Everyone loves AA:PG except the few here on the forums trying desperately to paint a bad picture of the game cause they get shot once in awhile, lol their new idea is to redo all official maps with hardly no sound ( except footsteps ) no ART and no foliage.. wth? grown men afraid of the AA game environment cracks me up. :D

The US army developed a solid team based tactical shooter to emphasize the values and standards of serving in the US army as an infantryman.

- random review

I concur. :+1:

********Bam4D********

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

The way it is right now is fine, and appeals to a wide variety of gamers, like casual and hard-core players. It is an in between and hard enough for the average joe to learn and keep a decent skill at. What you want to do is turn it strictly into a hard-core game, which will decrease the player base dramatically and turn new and willing participates of the game away because they don't have a HUD, can't check ammo, health, enemy/friendly nameplates etc etc to learn off of.

So with the mostly positive reviews on Steam I'm going to say making a huge change overall to fit a few elite players (or a few elite clans) here on the forums is a really unwise decision.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    We have what, 1000 active players? Do you really think the people trying out the game and quitting after a few hours will take the time to write a review? I don't think so.

I'll also say that your average pubber doesn't care about playerbase which is perfectly fine, they enjoy playing with the people they know, they don't need new players, probably some of them are even happy with the small playerbase because I can assure you that accusations wouldn't stop and would make some players quit even. From the comp aspect though it's bad. Once you're among the best in the game there is little to strive for, noone to look up to, no real competition. I've said it before, if you are looking to improve you'll need less than 100 hours to learn all the mechanics and you're pretty much done with the game.

Looking at the numbers of other rather comp based games I'm pretty sure that a good amount of people is interested in games with a learning curve, rather younger players that is. Then looking at people I know in the army community there is a trend of younger players being better at the game and being interested into the comp aspect while older players enjoy their public matches. Again perfectly fine but this is IMO why some of you think the game is great, you are enjoying it with your friends, you don't need more players, that's great. However completely ignoring the interest of other players and saying how great the game is when numbers are clearly not.. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with that.

As a sidenote, the people complaining here are around for a long time for a reason. They enjoy the general style of the game, they enjoyed certain patches, they want to improve/save the game. Except for a few special cases I'm sure they know how much work was put into the game, from their perspective sadly in the wrong aspects.
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    is Bam4D autistic?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Delusional overload .. my head hurts reading some of these guys

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    A person who is saying it's a great game is saying they and their circle of friends are enjoying themselves. It has nothing to do with whether the game has player numbers or whatever else other people judge by.

As a slight aside.... how many experienced players here are willing to put aside their gaming and help someone that could use a few pointers, instead of criticizing him? I think what we need is some servers that don't track stats! Team/objective wins only, for no points: a place to learn.

New players are getting hosed by the people who say the game is easy. 4.0KDRs don't come from playing other players with 4.0KDRs eh?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Try playing some FLO against 4 kdr player exclusively, not gonna happen because this game lacks enough good players because this game lacks players. Get it?
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Its true that the KDRs might be skewed by the fact that the skill level in the game is so low, but the fault is not of the players that get lots of kills, its the game that can't keep good players interested in playing.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Would you guys agree that Stat tracking and the Challenges have some good players "farming" newbs instead of helping them get into the game?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    How many games are played for over 100 hours anyways these days? unless I'm mistaken, were not playing an MMO here.. if anything all the young 'uns are getting restless, being literally spoilt by modern gaming, they don't need to give games more than a certain amount of time anymore since they know another game is probably coming out next week that will hold their attention until the next.. and next.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

I play with great players everyday, in fact just yesterday we had 3 men ambushed in upper so we spread out run up west & north stair did a squeeze for the rescue saving the 3 men. I would say there is some great players in AA have to look deeper than the K\D.

IMO good K/D means you hide more from danger never risking a rescue or being a 6 to a new guy FYI that is an elite game mode try to keep a new guy alive for a match, they will lead you into danger you didn't even know existed. :#

********Bam4D********

Keebler750 wrote: »
    Would you guys agree that Stat tracking and the Challenges have some good players "farming" newbs instead of helping them get into the game?

Do you even realize what good players get from new players? It's nothing but accusations, whenever you try giving helpful advice they get mad at you for "blaming" them. I've been playing with guys even in teamspeak for months and they are teamkilling me now on public for "cheating".