NA servers need a ping limit.

2»

Comments

• omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    @Colts -- your videos from spectator mode aren't showing what the other player actually saw at the time they shot on their screen. That's the relevant bit since hit detection is client-sided. Further, high ping is not an advantage. Why not has been explained over and over again across many topics.

High ping may not be an advantage, but that does not mean that it is not incredibly frustrating to play against someone with high ping. I do not enjoy playing with high ping and I do not enjoy playing against people with high ping. Everyone's experience is better when the whole server has low ping. Getting shot around corners or insta dying before getting a chance to shoot at a peeking enemy is rage inducing.
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Ping labels should be put back on all players. If I am up against a high-pinger then I know to shoot to the right or left of him instead of head on.

Thats a very bad strategy. The hit detection on your shots will be consistent with what you see on your own screen regardless of what your opponent's ping is.
  • truonetruone Posts: 31Player
    Just a question though. What ping is a high ping?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited January 2016
    Depends on what one considers high, some say less than 100.. (in an ideal world that would be great for sure).. while some are fine with anything between that 100 up to (dare I say it) 250-300.

Anything over that and your more than likely having a bad time, experiencing rubberbanding, spikes and general character unresponsivness in performing actions. Other players and enemies may witness your character warping and you may seem to get killed whilst you thought you were safely behind cover.

The lower the better of course for all parties connected to the same server/location but that's all internet 101 for dummies. We are all ping/latency and networking experts here, we have always listened to devs when they tell us how things work and we never moan about them, I also stretch truths, but that's a personality trait I can't seem to shake :lol:

Can't wait for the next hot topic 'coming soon'.. I'm rooting for the return using play on words of the 'how to make game better' topic. Love it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited January 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I finally understood the title of this thread. It's like that because you rarely see Europeans complaining about this issue :trollface:

Because NA players don't play in EU servers.. the amount of naive replies in this thread though lol

when I read this

Double-Facepalm-Meme-03.jpg

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I finally understood the title of this thread. It's like that because you rarely see Europeans complaining about this issue :trollface:

Because NA players don't play in EU servers.. the amount of naive replies in this thread though lol

I've seen plenty NA players on EU servers but why would it need to be NA players? We already have people from other countries getting high pings but I rarely see anyone complaining as much as NA players about it.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player

Anything over that and your more than likely having a bad time, experiencing rubberbanding, spikes and general character unresponsivness in performing actions. Other players and enemies may witness your character warping and you may seem to get killed whilst you thought you were safely behind cover.

I never get the warping part. Doesn't high ping mean info is sent late? What does that have to do with warping?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    Isn't warping a sudden shift to a new position when the server realizes you weren't where it thought you were?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited January 2016
    btw dont you love it when ppl give you netcode lessons, when they dont even know how to use command line in windows.. kappa

Good one apple. Maybe if you explained in better english people would understand what you mean. Ofcourse I know how to use CMD in windows. Sorry for being new to using a virtual dedicated box to host an aapg server so sorry. Guess I really do not understand anything to do with AAPG because of this. Definitely!
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    btw dont you love it when ppl give you netcode lessons, when they dont even know how to use command line in windows.. kappa

Good one apple. Maybe if you explained in better english people would understand what you mean. Ofcourse I know how to use CMD in windows. Sorry for being new to using a virtual dedicated box to host an aapg server so sorry. Guess I really do not understand anything to do with AAPG because of this. Definitely!

Don't you love it when people criticize your English while being incapable of writing properly in their own mother tongue?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

Don't you love it when people criticize your English while being incapable of writing properly in their own mother tongue?

Don't you love when some disobeys direct orders of a private message from someone in charge here?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited January 2016

when I read this

Double-Facepalm-Meme-03.jpg

when i read your replies
    mj-laughing.gif

I've seen plenty NA players on EU servers but why would it need to be NA players? We already have people from other countries getting high pings but I rarely see anyone complaining as much as NA players about it.

Because I and I would assume anyone else in NA play on NA servers to have an enjoyable experience. I don't play on EU servers because I wouldn't have an enjoyable experience and neither would the EU players trying to kill me B)