America's Army : Proving grounds Opt issue freezing

2»

Comments

• Quick question to your problem, is your OS - win 10 installed to an SSD drive and did you install aapg to your ssd also?

I have a very similar setup
    amd fx 8320 3.7 ghz
    8gb ram 2133 mhz
    GTX 560 ti gpu
    ssd - win 10
    hdd - storage

I first installed aapg to my ssd, and when running benchmarks like Heaven or 3dmark11 I had no problems but when i ran aapg while not as bad as what you posted, I would get .5 - 1 second stutters ever 30 seconds to a minute maybe shorter depending on how much was going on in the game, all while my fps stayed between 70-85 fps.

For me the solution was to delete local content through steam, delete any more aapg folders left over on my C:/ drive (the ssd). Then I re-downloaded/ installed the game to a steam library folder on my HDD.

I the played the game 2 hours last night (off my hdd library folder) and did not have a single stutter and ran 75-85fps consistently again.

Hope this helps if you have a similar ssd hdd setup, I think it maybe has something to do with how win10 tries to optimize automatically for an ssd combined with how steam runs the game?
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Well than he needs some computer plumber love.. Has to be in the windows.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 172Beta Tester
    Dont forget the issue with legacy maps...If he is still subscribed to them on Steam after a fresh install it will still try to download them and cause stutters.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    ahh mason is correct.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 172Beta Tester
    edited December 2015
    Have a look at this thread....
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3503/if-you-are-having-stuttering-issues-since-the-update-we-have-the-fix

Basically you need to first mannualy unsubscribe from UMM's through Steam, then go to your User Made Maps folder and delete all content from that folder (delete content in folder, not the folder itself). Make certain you have unsubscribed first though or Steam will just try to put the map files back in there. Once you have done the steps above restart and you should be good, if you want to play UMM content simply join a server that has UMM's on them and the game will handle the download process for you. (cross fingers..)*

*You must have Allow Downloads During Gameplay selected in your Steam settings to facilitate this, see S.S. below.
    http://prntscr.com/9e24tv