UMM Dev-Pick & Retro Map Event!

PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 12Administrator
We're hosting a Retro and Dev-pick UMM event!

In light of all the great maps, we've picked out a few based on their ratings on Steam, our Devs' favorites and retro AA2 and AA3 ports or remakes.

We realize getting and prepping the maps has been wonky in the past. We're working on some fixes for those issues. In the mean time, to make it easy, here are step by step instructions on how to get playing.

1st. The maps are all part of a Steam Workshop collection. Subscribe to the entire collection at http://bit.ly/1EBUGXy

2nd. Now that you've subscribed, the maps will start automatically downloading. Open the AAPG Launcher, go to Mission Editor and choose Manage. You'll see the maps downloading, one at a time. Wait for it.... No punchline, just wait for them all to complete download :-)

3rd. Click BUILD next to the first one in the list, wait for it to build lighting and complete. Do the next, rinse, repeat. I know "why don't these guys make a BUILD ALL?". Yea, we're working on that right after the full release!

4th. Go join a server. Here's a list that you can find and favorite!

US Army Official UMM Collection US

US Army Official UMM Collection EU

5th. Enjoy. Eat Cheetos, Drink the dew or the bull. Stay up late laughing. Have mom or the wife occasionally check on you, make you walk around a bit so you don't get an embolism in your leg and die from sitting too much.

6th. We'll see you on the servers!

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    YES! This is why I always look forward to a Phoenix post!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 82Moderator
    already subscribed to 9 out of the 13 ... congratz everyone.
    test-tag.jpg
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 266Player
    Cool, nice work Phoenix !
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    Streaming my horrible gameplay daily! Twitch.tv/fodvapor
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 430Player
    It's good to see that not only are you reading our posts, your taking action. Keep it up.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 12Administrator
    As much as I'd like to take credit for this great idea, it actually began with [Dev]LawGiver. He deserves all the props!
    I already gave him a 1st prize trophy back on the old forums for being the first person to guess my maps theme right :)

but hey, another wont hurt eh?

2ypix3r.jpg

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    2ypix3r.jpg

Thank you guys !
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    It's a good idea to do this and try and make the UMM more popular but you put SF Water Treatment in the rotation and all someone on defense has to do is pick up the flag and go hide somewhere and SFWaterTreatment is huge so rounds take the entire time and it gets really boring. Defense isn't suppose to be able to pick up flag but they can, and assault cant see it when they pick it up.

This makes me think of a wonderful idea of a game type though. You put the flag in the middle of the map. (Or in a random spot on the map every round.) Who ever picks it up has to extract it. Both teams can pick it up. Both teams have their own extraction. Both teams can see who has the flag when its picked up.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    Colts, that's how my outdoor map is "supposed" to work but the game doesn't support the display of who has the flag properly.

:(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Have i ever told anyone how much i dislike AA2/AA3 maps?

You have now, have an upside down thumb :)

• -=312th=-Delta_Force-=312th=-Delta_Force Posts: 30Player
    Happy to see this happening. Been playing all day and people are loving it.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester

Sorry brah, I like you but Iz got to give you the big fat thumbz down heyah. ;)
  • [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player
    edited May 2015

Aaaaaand thumbs up. Those maps just don't fit the gameplay of AAPG.
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    But who cares about gameplay it's AA2!

you probably never played aa2
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited May 2015

Be serious, please.

Maps from AA2 fits much better in AA:PG than stock maps. What is cool in the maps full of cartoon walls, cars etc? Are they fit better? Really?
  • [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player

Be serious, please.

Maps from AA2 fits much better in AA:PG than stock maps. What is cool in the maps full of cartoon walls, cars etc? Are they fit better? Really?

Oh, believe me, I'm dead serious. btw. I'm glad that there is an official server running UMM, I really am!

I didn't say that all of the stock maps play well. I like some of them; for example - Intercept, InnerHosp (^^), Shadowstep, Springstreet. Those are decent in terms of how they play.

Fitting the gameplay is not about the look of a map, it's about... the gameplay itself. How does.. SFWaterTreatment fit AAPG? It's good for AA2 vets but this is not the AA Nostalgia Edition, it's AAPG. Maybe with some time we could get separate servers for classic maps and those that were created from a scratch having in mind this particular game. Rusneyev is a good example of a map that should get more attention.