4k resolution requierments

hi guys, i'm looking forward to upgrade to a 4k display, and with it obviously a new graphics card.
i'd like to know which graphics card would i need to game at 4k at high settings with over 60fps (cant find any benchmarks for this game)
thanks in advance

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited December 2015
    like 2 gtx 980's maybe 1 titan x or 1 980ti. Probably going to have issues playing this game in 4k though considering the engine is old and would not be designed for it at all. Plus how does this game respond to SLI? I am not sure.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    SLI GTX 980 Ti or Crossfire the R9 390x or get a Fury to hope to get High settings @ stable 60fps in most games. If you don't plan on getting high settings @ 60fps through most new games and only in AA:PG, then it is possible. If your goal is to get that kind of performance out of new games @ 4k on the highest settings possible? Not possible. You might get 40-50FPS if you water down some settings.

So I say get two GTX 980 Ti (Not 908s or a Titan X).

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I would say it's a bad period to invest in 2 980tis for 4K gaming at the moment. With 1 top card you won't be able to play more demanding titles fluently on good settings, with 2 you are not future proof enough but spend too much money for cards that have been around forawhile.

What's your current gpu? If budget is no issue I would wait for next generation cards for couple of months and buy the best, or if budget is an issue wait again the next generation cards so you can get 980tis couple of hundred cheaper.

edited December 2015
    lol 2 980 tis for this game is overkill. Also next generation gpus are different slot than pci express, unless thats changed in the past few months.

• GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    I feel nothing is really up to scratch to offer decent FPS on 4k, for any of the new titles.
    Like applepie said it's worth the wait. The next generation cards should be more honed to 4k and it's requirements.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    1920x1080=2073600
    3840x2160=7516800
    Its close to 4x the pixels, simplified math suggests that if your capable of getting 100FPS with 1080, you will get 25FPS with 2160.
    Its not exact as theres a bit more to it, but it will do as a rule of thumb.

4k gaming is still pretty much out of reach for a single card, especially if you go for all the bells and whistles.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Bad move!! wrong time to upgrade as were only months away from "Pascal" .. which is a game changer! Youre gonna spend 2x the money right now to push 4K @ 60 FPS.. which is just sad.. well good enough for casual play. But honestly I would wait it out a bit.. this is just he beginning of 4K.. wait for Pascal !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    I've seen on twitch someone playing aapg at 4k. 10/10

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
    I was wondering on say a Predator 35" wide curved.. what would be the POV? full screen on AAPG or black bars?

We have a clan member having aspect ratio issues with a wide screen monitor 21:10

Not getting the expected black bars left and right but a distorted picture.
    Goodvibe wrote: »
    I feel nothing is really up to scratch to offer decent FPS on 4k, for any of the new titles.
    Like applepie said it's worth the wait. The next generation cards should be more honed to 4k and it's requirements.

It's not just the cards though its the game design and game engines they are all lacking solid 4k support. I suppose the newer AAA titles don't have any issues though.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited December 2015
    I play at 4608 x 2880 with 90FPS dipping to 40FPS here & there. That is with MSI twin frozen 580s in SLI corrected, DSR 4.x on.

FYI hz is hz... ( but pipes BAM the pipes, well unless it's programmed those pipes will go unused ) card chasing is silly, the key is get a 2600k ( don't think the new K are as hardy as the 2600 because of those extra cores ) crank to 5ghz

Game will run beautiful :heart: UNREAL engine was built in the time of not so great cards and is dependent on CPU from a majority of calls.

You're Welcome..

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• [BES]Boef[BES]Boef Posts: 36Player
    I'm playing on 4k with my 2 GTX 980TI
    & my Skylake i7600k & it looks almost the same though,
    It's not worth playing in 4k.
    Your crazy.. Nvidias DSR scaling feature is a cheap way of getting 4K and you can clearly see the difference ..

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,154Player
    edited December 2015
    Pascal will probably be expensive when it comes out. However, it should hopefully start bumping down the prices of the current gen hardware at some point.

If Pascal is going to be such a huge jump, though, it's silly to upgrade big now. As long as your computer plays every game with decent quality, then just hold off a few years and then do a big upgrade once your system really sucks.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Yah Nvidia link is suppose to be 5-12 times faster than pci express 3.0 and Pascal series is supposed be 10x better performance than current 900 series maxwell.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Cheaper alternatives for 4k gaming can be found with AMD cards. But Pascal might just lower the prices on this latest generation of cards, too.
    lol 2 980 tis for this game is overkill. Also next generation gpus are different slot than pci express, unless thats changed in the past few months.

It is overkill, but he he wishes to maintain high settings @ 60fps on 4K as well as maintain high fps in high(ish) settings for other games, it isn't overkill at all. Unless he's getting the cards just for AA:PG....but I seriously doubt he's buying a GPU and a 4k monitor for only one game....

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Yah Nvidia link is suppose to be 5-12 times faster than pci express 3.0 and Pascal series is supposed be 10x better performance than current 900 series maxwell.

There is no current plan to release NV link as a third party interconnection to replace pci-e with first pascal cards and the performance will still be a lot more than current gpu generations (hence 10x more under certain benchmarks). NV link becomes relevant for better scaling of multi gpu solutions for later released pascal cards and will be only interesting for ppl who wanna go with +3 CPUs.

So don't worry, you won't need to upgrade your motherboard if you have 1 with pci-e 3.0

If OP wants to upgrade for 4K gaming, now is the worst time for it. Just wait for next generation to be released.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited December 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Your crazy.. Nvidias DSR scaling feature is a cheap way of getting 4K and you can clearly see the difference ..

Ahh that is 16:10 5k and if you can't see a difference, get glasses. No jaggedness anywhere and do not even have to use any Anti-Aliasing.. DSR rocks! People look perfect from any distance.. beautiful perfection.

5k pixels on a 16:10 24" CRT screen... please.. that is top shelf.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

Bam4D wrote: »
    5k pixels on a 16:10 24" CRT screen... please.. that is top shelf.

yep... keep em coming rofl