Division, NA or EU?

i9.aLfiaKi9.aLfiaK Posts: 29Player
So for the past, I don't know 3 years, this has been an everyday game for me. I did a lot of stuff for the community, whatever it didn't turn out how I planned due to bad site support and trolly 5 year olds who cant understand a simple answer. Long story short this whole division between NA and EU, is down right stupid. Both sides of the world play the same exact game. When creating a league, why is this EU or NA crap going on? Do any of you remember AA2? You had both in the same competition. No other game that has gone on to be successful had this split between "its EU only or its NA only."

The silly rules of EU take precedence over NA because EU doesn't want to lag. Get out of here with that. So far FGNleague.com, has a good thing going. Instead of creating more EU websites to make for only EU and vise versa, get with the website and the people who run AAPG there and jump on the bandwagon. This game is not going to survive without both sides coming together.

On that note, the rules need to be the exact same. Was it last year or something, ESL the biggest game supporter not only for AAPG, we had for the first time NA and EU in the same house. It was great except the fact rules were different admins had no idea what was going on with the NA or EU side of the house. Take a look back at TWL, granted we didn't know who the [TOS Violation] any of the EU teams were really, but the rule set was beyond comprehendible.

That's my rant. Im just tired of seeing this and that NA and EU competition being so different.
61439619629.png
IceNine Gaming | FGN League AC Admin

Comments

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    The silly rules of EU take precedence over NA because EU doesn't want to lag

So if its soo silly not to wanna lag, why dont you come over here and play on EU servers?
  • [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player
    edited December 2015
    I've seen a couple of games having leagues without region restriction. For example - it worked pretty well in Dirty Bomb for a while.

But I don't think there's hope left for us - http://steamcharts.com/app/203290. The numbers speak for themselves.

btw. TWL will relaunch soon with their King of the hill-type ladders.
  • i9.aLfiaKi9.aLfiaK Posts: 29Player

So if its soo silly not to wanna lag, why dont you come over here and play on EU servers?

Im talking about an NA and EU division under 1 website. Instead of NA on fgn and EU on ESL. Everyone under the same roof. You can have your EU servers to play EU. I don't think you understood my post.

61439619629.png
    coN[krux] wrote: »

Im talking about an NA and EU division under 1 website. Instead of NA on fgn and EU on ESL. Everyone under the same roof. You can have your EU servers to play EU. I don't think you understood my post.

Well sry but the way you expressed yourself did sound a bit different.

I am not sure what you can really gain by combining both divisions under one website if the divisions don't or can't play each other due to lag.
    Obviously main problem is the number of active comp teams on both sides.

• i9.aLfiaKi9.aLfiaK Posts: 29Player
    Right but if you put NA and EU on the same website it will seem as if it had more teams. Which appeals to people who are looking for new games to play OR bring back old players.

Right now if I go to FGN all I see is NA, 13 teams with about 5 actually manning a full roster. If EU were to go there as well, add what at least 10 teams or so? All im getting at is the more organized NA and EU looks combined under one area the more it appeals to players.

When FN had EU which is where FN started I tried to bring NA to FN. It worked and then about 2 weeks later EU went to ESL and then shortly after NA went and it created 2 different rule sets. If we come together I just think it will turn out better for both sides of the world. Maybe im looking into it too deep but every other game out there has both NA and EU under 1 website. (obviously some exceptions)
    61439619629.png
    coN[krux] wrote: »
    Right but if you put NA and EU on the same website it will seem as if it had more teams. Which appeals to people who are looking for new games to play OR bring back old players.

Right now if I go to FGN all I see is NA, 13 teams with about 5 actually manning a full roster. If EU were to go there as well, add what at least 10 teams or so? All im getting at is the more organized NA and EU looks combined under one area the more it appeals to players.

When FN had EU which is where FN started I tried to bring NA to FN. It worked and then about 2 weeks later EU went to ESL and then shortly after NA went and it created 2 different rule sets. If we come together I just think it will turn out better for both sides of the world. Maybe im looking into it too deep but every other game out there has both NA and EU under 1 website. (obviously some exceptions)

Good points but I doubt it will happen. Take eu for instance there is esl but it's empty but there are regional leagues like desbl or Italian leagues where you see teams signing up that don't show up on esl at all.

I get the feeling the community is too divided. On one hand everyone is complaining that comp is dying on the other hand teams are not taking up challenges. We had versus recently with a decent number of teams but now the ladder is active and last I checked there was 1 team that signed up for it.

Son did a great job with 1st season why don't you get in touch with him directly?
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    edited December 2015
    Opened a ladder which for everyone. I hope to reunite NA and EU at some point in time as I do not believe the division between the two is for the better, I am very sad to see this difference and division.
    I am currently in the States for the coming months and am happy to discuss this if you want add me on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116253586 or send me an email sonaapgversus@gmail.com